Getting to know someone can take time. But knowing what questions to ask to get to know someone better can make the process easier. Whether it is a date, a new friend, or a colleague – learning more about them can be tricky, and it is always great to have some basic questions to ask to help establish a connection; however, if you want to really get to know someone, it’s important to ask good questions that reveal their personality, interests, and values. Some examples of questions to ask someone to get to know them better might include asking about their hobbies or passions, their favorite books or movies, or their life goals and aspirations. Other questions to ask when getting to know someone might focus on their family, childhood, or past experiences. You can also ask some fun or weird questions to get to know them and their preferences to see if you have anything in common.
Knowing someone better can help you understand their psyche and improve your relationship with them. In this post, we have listed out a few questions to ask people that are great conversation starters to learn more about your date or a new friend. Have a great time knowing the other person with these best questions to ask! Scroll down.
In This Article
Perfect Questions To Ask And Get To Know Someone Better
1. Who is the one person who knows you the best?
2. Are you better at talking or listening?
3. What type of music do you prefer?
4. What is your favorite number?
5. Where do you see yourself in five years?
6. What is your favorite season, and why?
7. What are your hobbies, and how do you pursue them?
8. What breakfast cereal do you prefer?
9. What was your first job?
10. Which year was your favorite birthday?
11. What was the best vacation you ever had?
12. What is your favorite boy band?
13. What is that one thing you will never do again?
14. Did you have any pets growing up?
15. What was the last thing you read?
16. Which is your favorite restaurant for dates?
17. How many languages do you know?
18. Have you ever been to a family reunion?
19. If you had to describe yourself as an animal, which animal would it be?
20. What is your favorite family holiday tradition?
21. In which place would you be happiest to live?
22. What is the next place on your travel bucket list?
23. Which is your favorite coffee?
24. How was your first crush?
25. What is the funniest thing your inner child wants to do?
26. What is your favorite way to spend a day off?
27. What is your favorite flower?
28. What do you do to keep yourself fit?
29. Do you have a favorite holiday destination?
30. Who was your favorite superhero as a kid?
31. Which celebrity would you like to meet at a Starbucks and why?
32. If your life were a movie, what scene would you watch again and again?
33. Which position do you like to sleep in?
34. What is your favorite outdoor game?
35. If you had a warning label, what would it say?
36. Which movie always makes you sad, and which one makes you happy?
37. What’s that one thing that can instantly make your day?
38. Who are your favorite athletes?
39. Are you related or distantly related to anyone famous?
40. What are your thoughts on scary movies?
41. Are you into podcasts?
42. Do you watch romantic movies?
43. Which is your all-time favorite comedy movie?
44. How do you spend your free time?
45. Do you enjoy your parents’ company?
46. If you were the ruler of your country, what would be the first law you would make?
47. What embarrassing moment has stuck with you over the past few years?
48. Do you like going to the movies or prefer watching from the comfort of your home?
49. What is your favorite ride?
50. Have you ever received a surprise party?
51. What would you like to have as your last meal?
52. What is your go-to guilty pleasure?
53. Who is your favorite actor?
54. What song best sums you up?
55. Does social media make you feel better or worse?
56. Would you go to the beach or mountains in the summer?
57. What is your favorite place for shopping?
58. What is the best decision you have ever made in life?
59. What was the last TV show you binge-watched on Netflix?
60. What was your favorite book when you were a kid?
61. Are you an introvert or an extrovert?
62. Which traits of your parents do you hope to get?
63. What is your favorite quote from movies or books?
64. Are you a pet lover?
65. Which is your favorite day of the week?
66. What is your biggest fear?
67. What instantly calms you down?
68. What is your favorite car?
69. What is your proudest achievement?
70. What music affects your mood?
71. Would you cook or dine?
72. What is your favorite ice cream flavor?
73. What did you want to be when you were a kid?
74. Who do you look up to the most?
75. How would you like to spend your birthday?
76. What candle scent is your favorite?
77. What is your favorite thing about your job?
78. What do you love the most in your life?
79. What do you do for fun over the weekends?
80. What makes you laugh instantly?
81. Which book or movie character do you relate to?
82. What is the best joke you have ever heard?
83. Who is your favorite comedian to watch for laughter therapy?
84. What is your favorite sport?
85. Do you play any indoor games?
86. What do you wish for while praying?
87. Have you ever disliked something and then changed your mind on the same?
88. What is your biggest complaint about your workplace?
89. How is your relationship with your family?
90. How do you take your coffee, with or without sugar?
91. What is your favorite drinking game?
92. If you could choose to do anything for a day, what would that be?
93. What are you most proud of and why?
94. Have you ever disliked something?
95. Who is your favorite comedian?
96. Which radio stations do you listen to when in the car?
97. What do you need when you are stressed?
98. Do you call someone to vent your anger or spend time alone thinking it through?
99. Who is your biggest influence, and why?
100. What do you do while you commute to or from work?
101. Do you believe in voluntary services?
102. Have you ever donated to charities?
103. What would be the one thing you would change about yourself if you could?
104. What are your addictions?
105. Which phone app do you use the most?
106. What does your child want to be when they grow up?
107. Do you believe in karma?
108. Is there any product that you swear by?
109. Who is your closest friend?
110. What do you like to do when together with your favorite person?
111. If you could hire someone to help you, would it be cleaning, cooking, or gardening?
112. Where are your happy places?
113. What exotic animal would you like to have as a pet?
114. What is your favorite social media platform?
115. What would you like to sing at Karaoke night?
116. Is there anything that makes you cry?
117. Which is your favorite season and why?
118. What genre of books do you like?
119. When was the last time you got angry?
120. What hobbies did you pick up when you were young that you still enjoy?
121. Would you rather play a game, visit a relative, watch a movie, or read in the evening?
122. What is your best quality?
123. What is your worst quality?
124. Do you fight?
125. What is something you look forward to doing daily that makes you happy?
126. Do you like to maintain space?
127. What carries you away?
128. Are you a romantic person?
129. Were you a tomboy during your teenage years?
130. What annoys you most?
131. Do you like gardening?
132. Would you wait to win the lottery or work at the perfect job?
133. Are you friends with any of your exes?
134. Does your job make you feel happy and fulfilled?
135. What do you remember the most about your former job?
136. What’s the most impressive thing you’ve ever crafted?
137. What do your friends have to say about you?
138. What would you be doing right now if money wasn’t an important factor?
139. What initially got you interested in your current work?
140. What is the weirdest thing you thought of when you were a kid?
141. Would you rather vacation solo or in a group or both?
142. Would you take a trip to outer space?
143. How old were you when you started your first job?
144. What is the funniest name you’ve heard of a pet?
145. How would you describe yourself?
146. What is your all-time favorite drink?
147. What is the weirdest thing you have done?
148. Do you often visit restaurants?
149. Where are you expected to be found at a party?
150. If you could magically learn one language, what would you choose?
151. What is your favorite part of the day at your job?
152. If a movie was made about your life, which actor would you like to play your role?
153. How many pairs of shoes do you have?
154. Are you more of a doer or a thinker?
155. Do you go for stability or uncertainty?
156. Do you believe in work-life balance?
157. What are your retirement plans?
158. Are you an outdoor person or an indoor person?
159. Do you like monsoons?
160. Is peace of mind important to you over everything else?
161. What is your take on the superhero movies that have become popular lately?
162. Have you ever had a side hustle or considered having one?
163. Have you stalked someone on social media?
164. If you could go back in time, what year would you go to?
165. Do you remember any famous movie quotes?
166. Do you consider yourself good at social networking?
167. If there were 26 hours in a day, what would you give extra time to?
168. Are you into collecting anything?
169. How do you separate your work from your personal life?
170. What things could you not go a day without?
171. If you were forced to get a tattoo, what would it be?
172. Who would you want to be stranded with on an island?
173. What is the worst gift you have received?
174. What is the most special gift you have received?
175. What would you do if you won the lottery?
176. Do you believe in horoscope reading?
177. Are you looking forward to retiring?
178. Do you plan to work forever?
179. What’s the longest you’ve not slept?
180. What do you use, iPhone or Android?
181. Do you have a favorite work buddy?
182. Which public transport do you use?
183. Do you like cheesy movies?
184. When did you start your current job?
185. What surprises do you like the most?
186. What energizes you about your job?
187. What are your favorite topics to speak on?
188. If you could share a meal with an individual, living or dead, who would it be?
189. Do you like watching TV or streaming videos?
190. What’s your latest memory?
191. How many pillows do you use while sleeping?
192. Do you fantasize about anything?
193. What does your family think of your job?
194. If you could travel today, where would you go?
195. Who is your favorite superhero?
196. What’s the tallest building you’ve seen?
197. Do you care about the type of media you pay attention to?
198. How much time do you spend with your family in a week?
199. Do you want a family of your own someday?
200. Do you believe in friendship?
201. If you could change one thing from the past, what would it be?
202. What extracurriculars were you into back in school?
203. What’s your favorite type of pizza?
204. Do you prefer coffee or ice cream on a date?
205. What kind of toys did you like as a kid?
206. How do you define your family?
207. Do you believe in the existence of aliens?
208. Have you ever had any secret admirers?
209. Have you ever successfully given up any bad habit?
210. Who are you the closest to in your life?
211. How long can you live without checking your phone?
212. Are you a clean person or a messy one?
213. Do you ever wish that you were raised differently?
214. What kitchen appliances do you use daily?
215. Would you call yourself a mindful man?
216. Who in your family would you describe as one of the “characters”?
217. If animals could talk, which would have been the rudest?
218. Tell me, is your glass half-full or half-empty?
219. What drink do you hate?
220. Do you like sweets?
221. How do you deal with arguments between your family members?
222. What would be the worst name you could give to your child?
223. What’s your favorite fast food outlet?
224. What’s the biggest personality change you’ve seen in yourself?
225. What’s more important for you, family or friends?
226. Who do you know reminds you of a fictional character?
227. What’s the craziest thing you’ve done for the sake of love?
228. Do you think death comes easy?
229. Has your family ever pressured you to act in a certain way?
230. What would be your strategy for an apocalypse?
231. Do you like roller coasters?
232. Would you steal or beg for food if you were homeless and working was not an option for you?
233. Did you get to meet your great-grandparents?
234. If you could put wings on any animal, which animal would you choose?
235. What’s your favorite ethnic cuisine?
236. What do you think about romanticizing crime?
237. What makes you proud of your family members?
238. If you could erase one thing from existence, what would it be?
239. What was your favorite subject back in school?
240. What’s the best birthday gift you ever received?
241. What always brings your family together?
242. What cartoon world do you wish you could live in forever?
243. What’s your favorite family recipe?
244. What do you think of watching romantic comedies?
245. What’s a relationship deal-breaker according to you?
246. What is success to you?
247. What do you think you would be if you were reincarnated as an animal based on your personality?
248. Is there anything you wished would come back into vogue?
249. Which of your personality traits is your family proud of?
250. If you had to be haunted by a ghost but could choose which dead person the ghost would be, who would you go for?
251. What’s your family like?
252. Would you prefer a son or a daughter, or both?
253. Who do you admire most in the world?
254. Do you believe in ‘love at first sight’?
255. If you had to get a tail, what tail would you get, and what would you do with it?
256. What’s something that not many people know about your personality?
257. What makes a man a man?
258. How can someone gain your trust?
259. What makes you extremely happy?
260. What makes you smile every day?
261. Do you think you’d be a great parent?
262. How can someone betray your trust?
263. When are you going to settle?
264. What is your favorite show on Netflix?
265. What would you do if your kid came home drunk?
266. Have you ever lost a friend?
267. Are you still single?
268. What do you think has been the best movie of the year?
269. What was your last travel destination?
270. Are you on a diet?
271. Do you prefer your milk hot or cold?
272. Do you pray daily?
273. Do you eat chocolates?
274. Do you go clubbing?
275. Do you like working on weekends?
276. How many kids do you want?
277. Do you have any siblings?
278. Which place do you someday want to live in?
279. Do you believe in a live-in relationship?
280. Do you like hair colors?
281. Where do you shop for groceries?
282. What do you prefer, fame or money?
283. Where were you employed before?
284. Are you planning to expand your business?
285. Do you like late-night parties?
286. Do you believe in gossip?
287. Do you have a boyfriend?
288. Who is your best friend?
289. Do you know how to drive?
290. Which car do you drive?
291. Do you like soft toys?
292. If your three wishes could be granted, what would they be?
293. Do you want to be successful?
294. Have you ever faced struggles?
295. Do you believe in shortcuts in life?
296. Are you a materialistic person?
297. What are your job timings?
298. Do you get the weekend off?
299. When is your birthday?
300. What do you wish for your parents?
301. Where are you planning to trek this year?
302. Do you like sandwiches or burgers?
303. Do you like to have iced tea?
304. How well do you know this place we’re in?
305. Do you go to church on Sundays?
306. Do you read magazines?
307. Do you like to participate in a potluck?
308. Where did you learn baking from?
309. How do you bake cookies at home?
310. Where do you leave the kids when at work?
311. Which schools are you trying to get your kids admitted in?
312. Would you prefer to take a stroll or sit?
313. Where were you placed earlier?
314. How long are you holidaying?
315. Which is your favorite beach?
316. Are you a tea or coffee person?
317. You don’t look your age. Has anyone said this before?
318. When would you like to join us for dinner?
319. Have you ever gone camping?
320. Have you ever traveled solo?
321. Where did you do your schooling from?
322. Have you ever been in a fight?
323. What’s the scariest thing you’ve ever done?
324. Which song would make you dance to at any moment?
325. How old were you when you first felt for a man?
326. What would you think if a guy spent more time on his looks than you?
327. If you could only teach one thing to your child, what would it be?
328. What have you been up to since I saw you last time?
329. Did you ever cheat in exams?
330. Do you believe in astrology?
331. What’s the best pickup line you can come up with?
332. What’s the weirdest thing you’ve seen on Facebook?
333. If you lived in a film universe, which one would you pick?
334. Do you believe in giving second chances?
335. Will you share your bank password with your partner?
336. How can you tell when someone is lying to you?
337. When was the last time you met your best friend?
338. Where are your parents staying?
339. Who takes care of your young siblings?
340. Do you call your parents to tell them that you will get home late from work?
341. Have you ever lied to your family?
342. Have you ever lied to your partner?
343. Do you think your kids lie?
344. Do you think working from home is a better option after having a kid?
345. Do you think social skills classes are beneficial?
346. Which skin care regimen do you follow?
347. Do you believe in home remedies?
348. How many times do you pray in a day?
349. Do you think time is money?
350. What is the best way to make someone understand anything?
351. Do you leave your kids in daycare?
352. When was the last time you ate out, where did you go, and did you like it?
353. Where did you get your black dress from?
354. Do you like to wear traditional dresses?
355. Do you think moral science classes are essential in schools?
356. Have you ever had a nervous breakdown?
357. How do your kids travel to school?
358. Which summer camp are your kids going to?
359. Do you like to set boundaries in relationships?
360. Do you think sending your kids to their grandparents’ place every week is important?
361. Do you have a quote that reminds you to keep going every day?
362. Describe your perfect day- a fun day outdoors or a cozy day in your pajamas.
363. Do you have any weird skills that no one knows about?
364. If you were to face a difficult situation, how do you prepare yourself to get through it?
365. What was the most special and fun adventure you have been on?
366. Are you a fan of K-dramas? If so, which one is your favorite?
367. What are some of the qualities that you admire in people?
368. What is that one quality of your parents that you wish you had?
369. Have you ever been to a concert? If so, which one was your favorite?
370. What was it like growing up as the youngest/oldest/middle/only child?
371. Do you have a family tradition that you follow every year?
372. Did you ever wish you had more siblings? Why?
373. What do you believe is your love language?
374. Are you named after anyone in your family?
375. What was the most fun thing you did growing up with your parents?
376. Would you go back in time to meet your ancestors, or go to the future to meet your descendants?
377. What are the values that you believe are necessary to make a relationship work?
378. What is your biggest irrational fear?
379. Would you describe yourself as an optimist, pessimist or realist?
380. How would you define beauty?
381. If you were reincarnated as a famous person, what is the first thing you would do?
382. If you become invisible for a day, what would you do?
383. What is your favorite conspiracy?
384. What is your game plan to survive a zombie apocalypse?
385. Do you believe in ghosts? Do they scare you?
386. Is there anything holding you back from living your life to the fullest?
387. Do you have a moment in your life that you wish to relive again?
388. If today was the last day on this planet, how would you spend it?
389. If you had access to a lot of money to start your dream business, what would it be?
390. What 3 qualities, according to you, make a person trustworthy?
391. Who is your favorite director and what is it about their work that you admire?
392. What movie would you recommend that you believe everyone should watch at least once?
393. Is there an offbeat language that you wish to learn and why?
394. Do people think you are scary?
395. If you get the chance to chat with three famous people in history, who would you choose and why?
396. If I ask you to describe your life in a song, which one would you pick?
397. Did you ever get asked out on a date in a funny way?
398. Since everyone knows a Taylor Swift song, which one do you like the most and why?
399. Do you want to pick up any other hobbies? If yes, what would it be?
400. Did you experience something this month that inspired you?
401. Are you a religious person?
402. Do you live by a motto in life?
403. What do you love the most about yourself?
404. What makes you feel loved and treasured in a relationship?
405. What annoys you the most about today’s dating culture?
406. What is the one thing in life that you cannot go without?
407. Are there any movies you’ve watched multiple times because you couldn’t get enough of?
408. Choose one – classic films or contemporary releases, and why?
409. Choose one – college life or work life?
410. What kind of a student were you?
411. Did you ever bunk a class or school day to have fun with your friends?
412. Did you have a favorite teacher? Why did you like them?
413. What do you miss the most about your teenage years?
414. Were you a part of any school clubs?
415. What was the most memorable school trip that you went on?
416. Do you think that being the youngest/oldest/middle sibling has an effect on your personality?
417. If you were to go back in time, is there anything from your school life that you would like to experience again?
418. What is the most brag-worthy thing that has happened to you?
419. If you were a superhero, what would your powers be?
420. Are there any movies you believe make us aware of human nature or social issues?
421. What is that one movie that made you laugh or shed tears of emotion?
422. If you were to choose between dying a hero or living long enough to become a villain, what would your choice be?
423. Did you ever go on a graduation trip with your school friends? If yes, where, and if not, why?
424. Where would you settle if you wish to start your own family – the city or the countryside?
425. Do you prefer the beach, mountains, desert, forest, or an old city?
426. Which TV show do you watch when you feel down and need a laugh?
427. What is your weirdest habit when you are stressed?
428. Do you have any food cravings or combos that others may find weird?
429. Are there any movie soundtracks that you enjoy?
430. Are there any upcoming movies you’re eagerly waiting to watch?
431. What is that one book, movie, or story that changed the way you look at the world?
432. What new ideas have been going through your head recently?
433. When was the last time that a real-life story made you cry?
434. What does home mean to you?
435. What memory comes to your mind when we discuss childhood?
436. Who is the strangest person in your family and why?
437. What is your favorite go-to costume for Halloween and why?
438. If you ever got a tattoo, what would it be and why?
439. What is that one moment that made you realize that being brave is the only way to make it through?
440. If you were alive a thousand years ago, do you wonder what your job would have been?
441. Would you rather go on a hike or a cycling adventure?
442. If not for verbal communication, what other way would you prefer to communicate?
443. Which song do you jam to when you need to cheer up?
444. If people came with a warning sign, what would yours say?
445. How would you rate your fashion sense back in college?
446. What is the worst and the most embarrassing way you have been hurt?
447. Did you ever have a fangirl/fanboy moment, and for whom?
448. What is your go-to drink at any event?
448. Are you allergic to any food or material?
450. What is something you like to do that is winter/summer/autumn/spring specific?
451. If you were to choose a Disney character that you feel close to, who will it be?
452. What is that one food item that you love and cannot live without?
453. Choose one – Nutella or peanut butter?
454. What is that one sport that makes you extremely competitive?
455. Did you have a favorite plushie while growing up?
456. What is your take on destiny?
457. What is that one moment in life that scared you the most?
458. What, according to your belief, lies after death?
459. What, according to you, adds meaning to life?
460. If you were asked to choose between bringing a drastic and abrupt change or a gradual change in the way you live, what would it be?
461. Have you ever seen a movie that completely surprised you or had an unexpected twist?
462. Have you ever joined a book club or participated in book-related discussions or events?
463. What is your take on a long-distance relationship?
464. If you were to choose someone to set you up on a blind date, who would you choose – a friend, a colleague, or a family member?
465. What do you think of soulmates?
466. Do you believe in being friends with your exes?
467. Have you ever dated someone who was hated by your family? If not, will you ever try to?
468. Do you have a favorite author? If so, what is it about their writing that resonates with you?
469. If there is one book that you want to recommend, which one is it?
470. What did you read last that left quite an impression on you?
461. If you were asked to teach a class on any subject, what topic would you choose?
462. Do you have a set number of books that you read in a year?
463. What are your current life goals and have they changed over time?
464. If you were a character in The Vampire Diaries, would you be Team Damon or Team Stefan?
465. Are there any skills that you want to develop as part of your life journey?
466. If you could only listen to songs performed by one artist for the rest of your life, who would it be?
467. Would you rather watch an adventure film or go on an adventure trip/sports?
468. Would you rather watch a mystery movie, read a mystery novel, or play an escape room game?
469. Would you prefer to go bowling or golfing?
470. Did you have a certain way you studied in school that worked for you?
471. Do you like cooking or baking?
472. Are you the kind who avoids spicy foods or do you love it?
473. Do you rock out to Queen or The Beatles?
474. Are there any food-related traditions or family recipes that were passed down in your family?
475. What political issues or topics are you aware of in depth?
476. Which Carly Rae Jepsen song is your guilty pleasure?
477. What experiences do you think have shaped your political views?
478. Are there any particular social issues that you are passionate about, like education, healthcare, immigration?
479. Choose one – AC/DC or Nirvana?
480. Do you have a favorite era of pop culture, like the 80’s, 90′ 00’s, or 10’s?
481. Who was/is your favorite celebrity crush?
482. You can only take 3 things with you on an impromptu trip, what are they?
483. What’s the most unusual place you have ever slept in?
484. If ever given the chance, would you go bull riding?
485. Beauty, money, or power?
486. How often do you go to the gym?
487. Are you someone who believes in balancing their mental and physical well-being?
488. Did you do anything completely out of character in the past few weeks?
489. Are you a ‘wake up early’ or ‘stay up late’ kind of person?
490. Which phone app do you use the least but cannot delete?
491. If you were a character in Stranger Things, who would you be the closest to?
492. Do you have a list of TV shows that you want to watch?
493. Are there any TV shows that you initially didn’t expect to like but ended up loving?
494. What kind of legacy do you want to leave before your death?
495. Do you find death to be a fascinating topic to talk about?
496. What would you like to tell your younger self if you could meet them?
497. What would you name this current chapter of your life?
498. If your life was a song, which one would it be?
499. Which mode of transportation do you hate the most?
500. Do you ever lower the volume of your music when you reverse your car?
501. Do you have a favorite sleeping position?
502. If you had a clone, would you be friends?
503. Which one is creepier – sneaking up on someone or staring at them through binoculars?
504. What is the most disgusting thing that you have tried out till date?
505. Can you do different accents?
506. What is the funniest nickname you had?
507. What would you call a TV show based on your and your best friend’s life?
508. Have you ever taken a Yoga or a Pilates class?
509. What are your thoughts on Flying Yoga?
510. Do you have a weird morning ritual without which you feel like your day started wrong?
511. When was the last time you were engaged in a very awkward conversation?
512. Which song, new or old, according to you, is the most annoying?
513. Have you ever had a near-death experience?
514. Are you ticklish anywhere?
515. If you were asked to choose between Angelina Jolie or Scarlett Johansson, who would you pick?
516. What will you choose if you were to choose between a dystopia or utopia?
517. If you could jump into a pool of anything, what would it be filled with?
518. If you can watch one movie for the rest of your life, which one will you choose?
519. Is there something in your life that makes you feel overwhelmed?
520. Would you rather be haunted by Casper: The friendly ghost, or Pevees, the trouble-making poltergeist from Harry Potter?
521. How do you approach political discussions with people who have different beliefs from your own?
522. When did you realize that building a political consciousness is important?
523. If you were to rank the best songs you’ve heard in your life till now, what will make the top five?
524. If you were to start a talk show, what would you name it and what will you discuss?
525. Did you adopt any particular habits that help you unwind and take care of your mental health?
526. What is your favorite meal of the day: breakfast, lunch, or dinner?
527. What normally perks you up in a day?
528. If you are told to leave your country and choose another one, which one would you choose – France, Italy, Greece?
529. Which part of your body do you like the most?
530. Which wild animal would you choose to represent you?
531. Choose one – phone call, video call, text, or a surprise visit?
532. Can you recall a funny incident that happened to you on a date?
533. What is your take on dating someone twice your age?
534. What was your go-to meal in college?
535. If you could have a pet snake, what would you name it?
536. If you were to name a person who brightens your life, who would you choose?
537. How many relationships have you been in so far?
538. Can you describe the first person you fell in love with?
539. Who was your favorite pop star in middle school?
540. Did you ever think of gambling as a way to earn more money?
541. Have you ever been in a bad accident?
542. Are you a fan of reality TV?
543. Do you have any habits that annoy people a lot?
544. If there was an amusement park filled with all the rides that you hate, what will be included?
545. If there was a remote control that helps you control anything, what would you use it for?
546. What are some of the most common experiences you have missed out on?
547. What’s one of the hard truths that you have had to come to grips with?
548. Other than cheating, what is one other action that would entail a breakup from your side?
549. What do you think is best and worst about today’s social media culture?
550. Are you a kissing-in-the-dark or kissing-in-the-rain kind of person?
551. What is the one thing that the government can do to improve the lives of its citizens?
552. Do you think machines will bring about an improvement or an apocalypse?
553. Do you think we will survive long enough to evolve or go extinct?
554. Are you a tea or a coffee person?
555. Would you rather go on a luxury cruise or travel on a luxury plane?
556. If you are Scooby Doo, who is your Shaggy?
557. If you were asked to pick a favorite detective show, which would you choose?
558. If I asked you to choose between Bruce Lee and Jackie Chan, who would you choose?
559. What are some of the cheesiest movies that you still enjoy watching?
560. How serious should it get before you realize that you and your significant other might need some professional help with your relationship?
561. What’s the most spontaneous thing you’ve done lately?
562. Do you still listen to radio stations often? Where do you like to listen to them the most?
563. Would you rather go kayaking or skiing?
564. What is your go-to song at karaoke night or a party?
565. What emoji do you use the most?
566. If I were to ask you about your favorite musical act, what would you choose?
567. Do you believe in hearing someone out when they have crossed you or give them no chances at all?
568. Would you take back someone who cheated on you?
569. What is the one thing that you’re grateful for?
570. What gross and unhygienic things do people do that bother you the most?
571. What are the biggest lessons you have learned from your previous relationship/s?
572. Have you ever visited a library to spend time reading?
573. If you were to change your name, what would you change it to?
574. What would an amusement park designed specifically to make you happy be like?
575. If you could eat only pasta or burgers for the rest of your life, which would you choose?
576. Are you still in contact with your high school friends?
577. What is the right age to get married?
578. What has been your worst birthday experience?
579. If you had the power to teleport, where would you go?
580. If you were made to choose a favorite villain, who would it be?
581. Are you a procrastinator?
582. Do you daydream a lot?
583. Between world peace and world domination, what would you choose?
584. Are you a believer in the power of manifestation?
585. What is the most spontaneous thing you’ve done this week?
586. Choose one – Yoda or Gandalf?
587. Do you have a self-care routine?
588. What is your go-to snack?
589. If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be?
590. What is your favorite type of exercise that gets your heart pumping?
591. If you were a ghost, who would you haunt?
592. Are you the kind of person who checks in hours early for a flight?
593. Do you have a quirk?
594. Have you ever owned a pair of cowboy boots?
595. Are you afraid of heights or depth?
596. What is your favorite candy?
597. What is your favorite popcorn flavor?
598. Are you a pineapple-on-a-pizza kind of person?
599. Do you have a nervous habit for when things get tense?
600. Which one of the five senses do you think you can do without?
601. If you were to visit France, would you try snails?
602. What word would you use to describe the place you grew up in?
603. What is the one thing that you can cook best that nobody else can?
604. Are you an Instagram or Facebook person?
605. What is your go-to song when you feel down?
606. What would you choose – Lord Of The Rings or The Chronicles Of Narnia?
607. What is the one thing about the future that scares you the most?
608. Are you a spiritual person?
609. Do you wonder what your life would have been like if you were born to a billionaire?
610. If you could describe your work life in two words, which two would you use?
611. Have you ever tried crayfish?
612. What is one sport or activity that you do not like?
613. In a perfect world, what 3 qualities should every human being have?
614. Who is your favorite Harry Potter character?
615. Are you afraid of the dark or the unknown?
616. Would you rather have Wonder Woman or Captain Marvel in your team?
617. Would you rather sing or dance to every song that plays?
618. Would you rather be deaf for 5 years or not be able to talk for 10 years?
619. Do you crave respect or power?
620. Would you rather go bungee jumping or rock climbing?
621. Never able to go out during the day or night – what would you choose?
622. Who would you want by your side if you’re ever stranded somewhere?
623. Would you want to have a lot of clothes or multiple pairs of shoes?
624. How many pillows do you normally sleep with?
625. Would you rather have a pet lizard or a pet snake?
626. Would you team up with the Joker or Haley Quinn?
627. Would you rather visit Hogwarts or Narnia?
628. Are you a Swiftie or Arianator?
629. Would you rather choose football or basketball?
630. Would you rather play video games or sports out in the field?
631. What is your one go-to comfort meal?
632. Are you a fan of the band Arctic Monkeys?
633. Have you ever seen a Ghibli movie, if yes, which one was your absolute favorite?
634. Which is the weirdest food that you have ever tried and what made you try it?
635. Do you have a favorite comic book? If yes, which one?
636. Have you ever watched an anime movie or series?
637. What situations often irritate you or make you angry?
638. How do you express displeasure?
639. Do you think you take constructive criticism well?
640. Would you say yes to spontaneous plans or do you prefer preplanning?
641. If someone close to you is having recurring negative thoughts, how would you help them?
642. What would be your idea of a perfect date?
643. Do you think sushi is an overrated dish?
644. Minimalist house decor or something more maximalist?
645. How do you think your life has changed since COVID-19?
646. Are you a clean freak or a messy person?
647. Are you distantly related to someone of significance?
648. What is your favorite holiday?
649. Who is the most intelligent person in your life?
650. Which one of your five senses is the strongest?
651. On a scale of 1-10, how funny would you say you are?
652. What is the one movie that you will never watch again?
653. What animal terrified/terrifies you the most?
654. Are you a fan of One Piece (anime)?
655. Would you rather choose Charles Xavier (X-Men) or Eleven (Stranger Things)?
656. Are you driven by logic or reason?
657. If you were to choose between time travel and space travel, what would you pick?
658. Are you a sci-fi or a mystery kind of person?
659. Would you choose Star Trek or Star Wars?
660. If you were the last person on earth, what is the first thing you would do?
661. If our world was ending, how would you spend the last week of your life?
662. Who has the biggest influence on your life, right now?
663. What is your current, short-term goal?
664. Would you rather watch Looney Tunes or Tom and Jerry?
665. Would you rather have cookies or cookie dough?
666. Do you have a night-time ritual that you follow every day?
667. What do you do to relax after a long day at work?
668. Do you like milk or dark chocolate?
669. Are you a strawberries and cream or cookies and cream kind of person?
670. If you had a chance to go to the moon, who would you take with you?
671. What criminal charge do you wish to be immune to?
672. What type of bread do you like the most?
673. What is your favorite type of cheese?
674. Are you a risotto or a fettucini person?
675. Do you like dumplings or samosas?
676. Would you rather have Mexican or Chinese food on a weekend?
677. Which one is your favorite, cola or Sprite?
678. What are your go-to pick-me-ups after a bad day?
679. Do you prefer to work out in a gym or in the comfort of your home?
680. Are you a walker or a runner?
681. Would you rather do 50 push-ups or 100 crunches?
682. Who is your favorite songwriter?
683. What is your favorite BuzzFeed Unsolved episode?
684. What is your favorite historical event?
685. Would you choose Nicki Minaj or Cardi B?
686. Do you stay in or go out on Friday nights?
687. Have you ever thrown an extravagant party?
688. Can you play any musical instrument?
689. Do you like the sound of a piano, violin, or guitar?
690. What is the most absurd thing you believed in as a kid?
691. What instrument, according to you, makes a funny sound?
692. What is that one weird smell that you love?’
693. What is the worst color, according to you?
694. What is the weirdest text you have ever received?
695. How many times have you broken someone’s heart?
696. How many times have you had your heart broken?
697. Can you share the story of how your parents met?
698. If you can steal anything in this world, what will it be?
699. Who do you believe poses the greatest challenge to you and your goals?
700. What TV advertisement that you saw recently made no sense to you?
701. What is your favorite video game, Call of Duty or Diablo?
702. What is that one food item you will never share with anyone?
703. What is the best name that you can think of for a cat?
704. Do you ever count how many steps you take out of boredom?
705. Have you ever gotten a tattoo while you were drunk?
706. Do you ever want to get a piercing?
707. What is your take on belly button piercings?
708. If you were to choose between a penguin or a toucan, what would you choose?
709. What is the one song that reminds you of a favorite memory?
710. Who is your favorite YouTuber?
711. What is your favorite Tom Cruise movie?
712. Which one was funnier – Rush Hour or Shanghai Nights?
713. What is a superstition that you still believe in?
714. If you could talk to animals, what is the first thing you’d ask your pet?
715. Would you rather go for a spa day or take a long bath?
716. Would you call yourself a jealous person?
717. Are you good at Monopoly?
718. What is the best compliment that you have ever received?
719. Have you ever written a journal or wished to take up journaling?
720. Did you ever believe in the Tooth Fairy or Santa Claus as a kid?
721. What is a virtue people hold in high regard that you think is overrated?
Infographic: Interesting Questions You Can Ask To Build Your Connection
Asking the right, fun get-to-know-you questions can help you understand someone better and build a strong bond. While asking serious questions is fine, a little fun can go a long way in fostering a new bond. We have compiled a list of good questions to ask to get to know someone better. Check out the infographic below to know more!
No matter the level of your social skills, with the above examples of how to get to know someone, you can now feel more confident approaching your person of interest. However, make sure you don’t get too personal and maintain respect and boundaries when asking anything. These simple questions to ask will not only help you learn more about their personality, opinions, and ideas but will also allow you to break the ice and pave the way for a new connection. Finally, the place and timing are also important in having a fruitful conversation.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can asking about a person’s passions and interests lead to a deeper understanding of who they are?
Asking about a person’s hobbies, likes, dislikes, and perspectives opens the door to their life and helps you understand them on a deeper level. The passion with which they speak about their interest and plans will help you get a picture of their character and personality.
How can asking about someone’s experiences and challenges help to create a deeper connection?
Questions to ask a guy to get to know him deeper will help you understand how much the person has evolved and how they view life. Sharing personal stories will help create a stronger connection.
Can asking too many personal questions be perceived as intrusive or inappropriate?
There is a chance of being perceived as intrusive or inappropriate. When you ask questions to get to know someone, do not let your questions sound rude and too personal. Do not ask questions that may make them uncomfortable, and do not force them to answer if they do not want to. For example, do not choose persistent personal questions to ask a guy if he is not someone who shares a lot.
- The task of breaking the ice can be awkward, whether you are on a date, conversing with a colleague, or meeting new people.
- These getting to know questions may help you get the conversation rolling if you are interested in learning more about them but don’t know where to begin.
- These interesting questions to ask cover a wide range of topics, from your basics of favorite things to in-depth philosophical ideas.
Baffled about how to get to know someone beyond pleasantries? Check out this video for a bevy of questions that you can ask to deepy connect with your person of interest.