Whether you are on a date, chilling with friends, or hanging with your co-worker, the moment of awkward silence can be discomforting. People might enjoy your company, but sometimes you can fall short of words. Well, to prevent such scenarios and take your relationship to the next level, you need to engage in meaningful conversation. This post lists a few questions, which might be great conversation starters to know about your date or a new friend better. So consider these questions if you want others to enjoy your presence. Keep scrolling.
Perfect Questions To Ask And Get To Know Someone Better
1. Who is that one person who knows you the best?
2. Are you better at talking or listening?
3. What type of music do you prefer?
4. Which is your favorite number?
5. Where do you see yourself in five years?
6. What is your favorite season, and why?
7. What are your hobbies, and how do you pursue them?
8. What breakfast cereal do you prefer?
9. What was your first job?
10. Which year was your favorite birthday?
11. What was the best vacation you ever had?
12. What is your favorite boy band?
13. What is that one thing you will never do again?
14. Did you have any pets growing up?
15. What was the last thing you read?
16. Which is your favorite restaurant for dates?
17. How many languages do you know?
18. Have you ever been to a family reunion?
19. If you had to describe yourself as an animal, which animal would it be?
20. What is your favorite family holiday tradition?
21. Which place would you be happiest to live in?
22. What is the next place on your travel bucket list?
23. Which is your favorite coffee?
24. How was your first crush?
25. What’s the funniest thing your inner child wants to do?
26. What’s your favorite way to spend a day off?
27. What is your favorite flower?
28. What do you do to keep yourself fit?
29. Do you have a favorite holiday destination?
30. Who was your favorite superhero as a kid?
31. Which celebrity would you like to meet at Starbucks and why?
32. If your life were a movie, what scene would you watch again and again?
33. Which position do you like to sleep in?
34. What is your favorite outdoor game?
35. If you had a warning label, what would it say?
36. Which movie always makes you sad, and which one makes you happy?
37. What’s that one thing that can instantly make your day?
38. Who are your favorite athletes?
39. Are you related or distantly related to anyone famous?
40. What are your thoughts on scary movies?
41. Are you into podcasts?
42. Do you watch romantic movies?
43. Which is your all-time favorite comedy movie?
44. How do you spend your free time?
45. Do you enjoy your parents’ company?
46. If you were the ruler of your country, what would be the first law you would make?
47. What embarrassing moment has stuck with you over the past few years?
48. Do you like going to the movies or prefer watching from the comfort of your home?
49. What is your favorite ride?
50. Have you ever got a surprise party?
51. What would you like to have as your last meal?
52. What is your go-to guilty pleasure?
53. Who is your favorite actor?
54. What song best sums you up?
55. Does social media make you feel better or worse?
56. Would you go to the beach or mountains in the summer?
57. What is your favorite place for shopping?
58. What is the best decision you ever made in life?
59. What was the last TV show you binge-watched on Netflix?
60. What was your favorite book when you were a kid?
61. Are you an introvert or an extrovert?
62. Which traits of your parents do you hope to get?
63. What is your favorite quote from movies or books?
64. Are you a pet lover?
65. Which is your favorite day of the week?
66. What is your biggest fear?
67. What instantly calms you down?
68. What is your favorite car?
69. What is your proudest achievement?
70. What music affects your mood?
71. Would you cook or dine?
72. Which is your favorite ice cream flavor?
73. What did you want to be when you were a kid?
74. Who do you look up to the most?
75. How would you like to spend your birthday?
76. What candle scent is your favorite?
77. What is your favorite thing about your job?
78. What do you love the most in your life?
79. What do you do for fun over the weekends?
80. What makes you laugh instantly?
81. Which book or movie character do you relate to?
82. What is the best joke you have ever heard?
83. Who is your favorite comedian to watch for laughter therapy?
84. What is your favorite sport?
85. Do you play any indoor games?
86. What did you wish while praying?
87. Have you ever disliked something and then changed your mind on the same?
88. What is your biggest complaint about your workplace?
89. How is your relationship with your family?
90. How do you take your coffee, with or without sugar?
91. What’s your favorite drinking game?
92. If you could choose to do anything for a day, what would that be?
93. What are you most proud of and why?
94. Have you ever disliked something?
95. Who is your favorite comedian?
96. Which radio stations do you listen to when in the car?
97. What do you need when you are stressed?
98. Do you call someone to vent your anger or spend time alone thinking it through?
99. Who is your biggest influence, and why?
100. What do you do while you commute to or from work?
101. Do you believe in voluntary services?
102. Have you ever donated to charities?
103. What would be the one thing you will change about yourself if you can?
104. What are your addictions?
105. Which phone app do you use the most?
106. What does your child want to be when they grow up?
107. Do you believe in karma?
108. Is there any product that you swear by?
109. Who is your closest friend?
110. What do you like to do when together with your favorite person?
111. If you could hire someone to help you, would it be cleaning, cooking, or gardening?
112. Are there any of your happy places?
113. What exotic animal would you like to have as a pet?
114. What is your favorite social media platform?
115. What would you like to sing at Karaoke night?
116. Is there anything that makes you cry?
117. Which is your favorite season and why?
118. What genre of books do you like?
119. When was the last time you got angry?
120. What hobbies did you pick up when you were young that you still enjoy?
121. Would you rather play a game, visit a relative, watch a movie, or read in the evening?
122. What is your best quality?
123. What is your worst quality?
124. Do you fight?
125. What makes you happy?
126. Do you like to maintain space?
127. What carries you away?
128. Are you a romantic person?
129. Were you a tomboy during your teenage?
130. What annoys you most?
131. Do you like gardening?
132. Would you wait to win the lottery or work at the perfect job?
133. Are you friends with any of your exes?
134. Does your job make you feel happy and fulfilled?
135. What do you remember the most about your former job?
136. What’s the most impressive thing you’ve ever crafted?
137. What your friends have to say about you?
138. If money wasn’t an important factor, what would you be doing right now?
139. What initially got you interested in your current work?
140. What’s the weirdest thing you thought of when you were a kid?
141. Would you rather vacation solo or in a group or both?
142. Would you take a trip to outer space?
143. How old were you when you started your first job?
144. What is the funniest name you’ve heard of a pet?
145. How would you describe yourself?
146. What’s your all-time favorite drink?
147. What’s the weirdest thing you have done?
148. Do you often visit restaurants?
149. Where are you expected to be found at a party?
150. If you could magically learn one language, what would you choose?
151. What’s your favorite part of the job?
152. If a movie was made of your life, which actor would you like to play your role?
153. How many pairs of shoes do you have?
154. Are you more of a doer or a thinker?
155. Do you go for stability or uncertainty?
156. Do you believe in work-life balance?
157. What are your retirement plans?
158. Are you an outdoor person or an indoor?
159. Do you like monsoon?
160. Is peace of mind important to you over everything else?
161. What’s your take on the superhero movies that became popular lately?
162. Have you ever had a side hustle or considered having one?
163. Have you stalked someone on social media?
164. If you could go back in time, what year would you go to?
165. Do you remember any famous movie quotes?
166. Do you consider yourself good at social networking?
167. If there were 26 hours in a day, what would you give extra time to?
168. Are you into collecting anything?
169. How do you separate your work from your personal life?
170. What things could you not go a day without?
171. If you were forced to get a tattoo, what would it be?
172. Who would you want to be stranded with on an island?
173. What is the worst gift you have received?
174. What is the most special gift you have received?
175. What would you do if you won the lottery?
176. Do you believe in horoscope reading?
177. Are you looking forward to retiring?
178. Do you plan to work forever?
179. What’s the longest you’ve not slept?
180. What do you use, iPhone or Android?
181. Do you have a favorite work buddy?
182. Which public transport do you use?
183. Do you like cheesy movies?
184. When did you start your current job?
185. What surprises do you like the most?
186. What energizes you about your job?
187. What are your favorite topics to speak on?
188. If you could share a meal with an individual, living or dead, who would it be?
189. Do you like watching TV or streaming videos?
190. What’s your latest memory?
191. How many pillows do you use while sleeping?
192. Do you fantasize about anything?
193. What does your family think of your job?
194. If you could travel today, where would you go?
195. Who is your favorite superhero?
196. What’s the tallest building you’ve seen?
197. Do you care about the type of media you pay attention to?
198. How much time do you spend with your family in a week?
199. Do you want a family of your own someday?
200. Do you believe in friendship?
201. If you could change one thing from the past, what would it be?
202. What extracurriculars were you into back in school?
203. What’s your favorite type of pizza?
204. Do you prefer coffee or ice cream on a date?
205. What kind of toys did you like as a kid?
206. How do you define your family?
207. Do you believe in the existence of aliens?
208. Have you ever had any secret admirers?
209. Have you ever successfully given up any bad habit?
210. Who are you the closest to in your life?
211. How long can you live without checking your phone?
212. Are you a clean person or a messy one?
213. Do you ever wish that you were raised differently?
214. What kitchen appliances do you use daily?
215. Would you call yourself a mindful man?
216. Who in your family would you describe as one of the “characters”?
217. If animals could talk, which would have been the rudest?
218. Tell me, is your glass half-full or half-empty?
219. What drink do you hate?
220. Do you like sweets?
221. How do you deal with arguments between your family members?
222. What would be the worst name you could give to your child?
223. What’s your favorite fast food outlet?
224. What’s the biggest personality change you’ve seen in yourself?
225. What’s more important for you, family or friends?
226. Who do you know reminds you of a fictional character?
227. What’s the craziest thing you’ve done for the sake of love?
228. Do you think death comes easy?
229. Has your family ever pressured you to act in a certain way?
230. What would be your strategy for an apocalypse?
231. Do you like roller coasters?
232. Would you steal or beg for food if you were homeless and working was not an option for you?
233. Did you get to meet your great-grandparents?
234. If you could put wings on any animal, which animal would you choose?
235. What’s your favorite ethnic cuisine?
236. What do you think about romanticizing crime?
237. What makes you proud of your family members?
238. If you could erase one thing from existence, what would it be?
239. What was your favorite subject back in school?
240. What’s the best birthday gift you ever received?
241. What always brings your family together?
242. What cartoon world do you wish you could live in forever?
243. What’s your favorite family recipe?
244. What do you think of watching romantic comedies?
245. What’s a relationship deal-breaker according to you?
246. What is success to you?
247. If you were reincarnated as an animal based on your personality, what do you think it would be?
248. Is there anything you wished would come back into vogue?
249. Which of your personality traits is your family proud of?
250. If you had to be haunted by a ghost but could choose which dead person the ghost would be, who would you go for?
251. What’s your family like?
252. Would you prefer a son or a daughter, or both?
253. Who do you admire most in the world?
254. Do you believe in ‘love at first sight’?
255. If you had to get a tail, what tail would you get, and what would you do with it?
256. What’s something that not many people know about your personality?
257. What makes a man a man?
258. How can someone gain your trust?
259. What makes you extremely happy?
260. What makes you smile every day?
261. Do you think you’d be a great parent?
262. How can someone betray your trust?
263. When are you going to settle?
264. What is your favorite show on Netflix?
265. What would you do if your kid comes home drunk?
266. Have you ever lost a friend?
267. Are you still single?
268. What do you think has been the best movie of the year?
269. What was your last travel destination?
270. Are you on a diet?
271. Do you prefer your milk hot or cold?
272. Do you pray daily?
273. Do you eat chocolates?
274. Do you go clubbing?
275. Do you like working on weekends?
276. How many kids do you want?
277. Do you have any siblings?
278. Which place do you live in?
279. Do you believe in a live-in relationship?
280. Do you like hair colors?
281. Where do you shop groceries from?
282. What do you prefer, fame or money?
283. Where were you employed before?
284. Are you planning to expand your business?
285. Do you like late-night parties?
286. Do you believe in gossips?
287. Do you have a boyfriend?
288. Who is your best friend?
289. Do you know driving?
290. Which car do you drive?
291. Do you like soft toys?
292. If your three wishes would have been granted, what would they be?
293. Do you want to be successful?
294. Have you ever seen struggle?
295. Do you believe in shortcuts in life?
296. Are you a materialistic person?
297. What are your job timings?
298. Do you get the weekend off?
299. When is your birthday?
300. What do you wish for your parents?
301. Where are you planning to trek this year?
302. Do you like sandwiches or burgers?
303. Would you like to have ice tea?
304. How well do you know this place?
305. Do you go to church on Sundays?
306. Do you read magazines?
307. Do you like to participate in a potluck?
308. Where did you learn baking from?
309. How do you bake cookies at home?
310. Where do you leave the kids when at work?
311. Which schools are you trying to get your kids admitted in?
312. Would you prefer to take a stroll?
313. Where were you placed earlier?
314. How long are you holidaying?
315. Which is your favorite beach?
316. Are you a tea or coffee person?
317. You don’t look your age. Did anyone say this before?
318. When can you join us for dinner?
319. Have you ever gone camping?
320. Have you ever traveled solo?
321. Where did you do your schooling from?
322. Have you ever been in a fight?
323. What’s the scariest thing you’ve ever done?
324. Which song would make you dance to at any moment?
325. How old were you when you first felt for a man?
326. What would you think if a guy spent more time on his looks than you?
327. If you could only teach one thing to your child, what would it be?
328. What have you been up to since I saw you last time?
329. Did you ever cheat in exams?
330. Do you believe in astrology?
331. What’s the best pickup line you can come up with?
332. What’s the weirdest thing you’ve seen on Facebook?
333. If you lived in a film universe, which one would you pick?
334. Do you believe in giving second chances?
335. Will you share your bank password with your partner?
336. How can you tell when someone is lying to you?
337. When was the last time you met your best friend?
338. Where are your parents staying?
339. Who takes care of your young siblings?
340. Do you call your parents to tell them that you will get late from work?
341. Have you ever lied to your family?
342. Have you ever lied to your partner?
343. Do you think your kids lie?
344. Do you think work from home is a better option after having a kid?
345. Do you think social skills classes are beneficial?
346. Which skin care range do you follow?
347. Do you believe in home remedies?
348. How many times do you pray in a day?
349. Do you think time is money?
350. What is the best way to make someone understand anything?
351. Do you leave your kids in daycare?
352. When was the last time you had eaten out?
353. Where did you get your black dress from?
354. Do you like to wear traditional dresses?
355. Do you think moral science classes are essential in schools?
356. Have you ever had a nervous breakdown?
357. How do your kids travel to school?
358. Which summer camp are your kids going to?
359. Do you like to set boundaries in relationships?
360. Do you think it’s important to send kids to grandparents’ place every week?
If you think conversations should never get dull, check out these icebreakers. Ask these questions to get to know someone better. These conversation starters will always make your presence felt to your friends, co-workers, and loved ones.
- The 21 Questions Game – 105 Questions You Can Ask
- 201 “This Or That” Questions
- 151 Questions To Ask Your Friends To Deepen Your Bond
- 101 Questions To Determine How Well You Know Your Partner