Mum’s the word – no, literally! It’s time to celebrate mommy dearest. She birthed you, clothed you, fed you, taught you to be independent, and loves you immeasurably. Moms are truly the best and, to be honest, we don’t give them enough credit. Well, that ends here! Find your mother, hug her tight, and tell her you love her! If words fail you, we’re here to help. In honor of all the mothers around the world, here are some card-worthy reasons to say “I love you” to your mom. But first, let’s talk about why moms are special in general.
Why My Mom Is Special To Me
She is the first real-life Wonder Woman. Mothers put up with a lot, and their work often goes unrecognized. They love irrevocably, give unconditionally, and ask for nothing in return. If we started making realistic superhero movies, moms would be the only ‘Saviour Of The Day.’
Now, let’s check out some inspirational reasons to say, “I love you, mom!”
101 Reasons To Say “I Love You, Mom”
- She brought you into the world.
- She loves you for who you are.
- She is your first girl friend.
- She puts up with a lot.
- She’s the glue holding the family together.
- She’s your never-ceasing support squad.
- She taught you to be independent.
- She taught you that women and men should be equal.
- She tells you when to knock it off.
- She’s the first person you think of in a crisis.
- She picks you up every time you fall.
- She treats your friends like her kids too.
- The world doesn’t seem so tough with her by your side.
- No one manhandles momma bear’s cub.
- She taught you to defend people.
- She taught you to stick to your guns.
- She taught you the importance of cleanliness.
- She is the keeper of your secrets.
- She is your knight in shining armor.
- Those late-night cake and ice-cream parties.
- She gives you space when you need it.
- She lets you make mistakes.
- She helps you create a path for yourself.
- She just knows when to call!
- She mends your clothes.
- She taught you to never give up.
- She never lets you doubt yourself.
- She never undermines you.
- She makes you your favorite food whenever you ask her.
- She cleans the dishes even it’s your turn.
- She knows when you just need a break.
- She is endlessly patient.
- She stands/stood by you through some embarrassing PTA meetings.
- She is fiercely protective of you.
- She allowed you to stay home from school when things were tough.
- She understands you without you having to say a word.
- No matter how old you get, it’s always comforting when she brushes your hair.
- Nothing says “delicious” like her food.
- She will drop everything to come help you.
- She let you believe that you could be the next Indiana Jones.
- She hugged you when you were sad but she wasn’t supposed to know.
- She calls you out on your bullshit.
- She stays calm when trying to get her point across.
- She treats you as an adult! But also as her kid! There’s a fine line between the two, and somehow she always gets it right.
- She watches your favorite movies with you even though she doesn’t follow the storylines.
- She always keeps an eye on you no matter how old you get.
- She pushes you to become better.
- She cleans up after you.
- She listens to your favorite music to make you happy.
- She taught you to take time out and dance when things get stressful.
- Bullies beware – Mom will reign hellfire on you!
- She taught you to treat everyone with respect and equality but also to stand up for anyone who is being bullied.
- She told you that silence is never the answer. You have a voice, down let it drown out!
- She taught you how to have courage, even in the face of your fears!
- Her neverending grace.
- For making sure you are alive and healthy.
- .She calls out the toxic people in your life.
- She’s just as fun as Lorelai Gilmore!
- Her love is never earned and always given for free without any limit.
- She makes everything better.
- She’s put you first always.
- She is your strength, your shield, and your fortress.
- For taking you out with ten ponytails in your hair because you thought it was cool. She defended you to everyone!
- For making a snowman out of cotton to give you the full Christmas experience.
- For teaching you life lessons that never grow old.
- For knowing when things were tough for you. Instead of yelling, she took your hand and sat with you in the silence. It’s a comfort like no other.
- For indulging all your hobbies and passions.
- She taught you to never conform to society’s standards but be true to your heart.
- For showing you how to be independent, that you don’t need to be with someone unless you WANT to.
- She killed all the lizards in the house because you were too terrified.
- Hell hath no fury like the mom of a woman scorned/hurt.
- If you end up on my bad list, you automatically end up on her’s too.
- For holding her hand out when you cross the road.
- She always knew what to say or do when you needed comfort or help.
- She hypes you up! She supports you!
- She’s the one you call at 3 a.m. after having a bad dream!
- For letting you dress how you want.
- For taking you at your word.
- She told you that while breakups can be tough, you are strong.
- She taught you how to braid your hair, do math, dance, sing, and be open to life.
- You cannot imagine anyone else putting up with all your quirks the way she does.
- She lets you hide when relatives come home.
- She used to come to school sometimes with pizza for lunch to surprise you.
- She has some crazy life experiences.
- She is a #bosslady!
- She taught you to hope for the best, plan for the worst, and live each day wild and free!
- She taught you that looks aren’t everything. Everyone is beautiful and different.
- She let you know that you don’t need everyone’s acceptance to be happy.
- She breaks into song every now and then. It just makes you happy.
- If anyone tries to hurt you, they’ll have to go through her first!
- She’s so fiercely independent!
- She believes in you even when it doesn’t make sense to you.
- She has a million nicknames for you!
- She helped you figure out your career path.
- When you are sick, she drops everything to be by your side.
- She gives and loves unconditionally, never expecting anything in return.
- She went through grueling hours of labor and still calls you the best thing in her life.
- She always knows where the other sock is!
- She knows you better than you know yourself.
- Whether you’re on good terms or not, mom would walk through fire for you.
- She’s your own personal Wonder Woman!
Lorelai Gilmore, Molly Weasley, Lily Potter, and Leigh Anne Tuohy – they all remind us of our own moms. So, here are some famous quotes about moms to give you more inspiration!
Famous Quotes About Moms From TV And Film
- “I need her to make me some cocoa and tell me that everything that is going badly in my life will sort itself.” – Kathleen Kelly, You’ve Got Mail
The scene of a young Kathleen spinning with her mom in their bookstore is just flawless. It pulls on all your heartstrings, making you remember every time your mom made things feel like they’d turn out alright.
- “Not my daughter, you b$%#*!” – Molly Weasley, Harry Potter, and the Deathly Hallows
No one would dare mess with Molly or Ginny Weasley! Moms are so very protective of their kids.
- “You threaten my son, you threaten me.” – Leigh Anne Tuohy, The Blind Side
The Blind Side is a movie that shows you that some mother-children relationships go beyond blood. What makes it even better is that it’s based on a true story.
- “Being a mom is not a job. There are no nights off. We don’t punch in and punch out.” – Meredith Grey, Grey’s Anatomy
From having a dysfunctional relationship with her own mom to becoming an independent and successful single mother – Meredith Grey has come a long way.
- “How do I explain her? She is as respected as Mother Teresa, as powerful as Stalin, and as beautiful as Margaret Thatcher.” – Leslie Knope, Parks, And Recreation
Glossing over the Stalin reference, Leslie Knope reminds us that our moms are as good, if not better, than world leaders! They deserve that credit!
- “I need you, I need you here, I need you now. I cannot do this alone. I need my Mommy, and dammit, I don’t care who knows it.” — Rory Gilmore, Gilmore Girls
Haven’t we all felt like this at some point? Lorelai Gilmore is her daughter’s best friend and confidante, much like most of our moms.
- “My mother used to say: the older you get, the better you get. Unless you’re a banana.” – Rose, Golden Girls
In a world where women are told that growing old is wrong, moms always shed light on the truth!
- “You know every story, every wound, every memory. Their whole life’s happiness is wrapped up in you… every single second.” – Isabel Kelly, Stepmom
Has a mother-child relationship ever been more beautifully described? Our mothers know everything about us and give us their all!
- “Do you want to know what really happened thirteen years ago? Shall I divulge how I truly lost my powers? It was love. You see, when dear sweet Lily Potter gave her life for her only son, it provided him with the ultimate protection, I could not touch him. It was old magic, something I should have foreseen.” Lord Voldemort, Harry Potter and the Goblet Of Fire
You know your mom’s a badass if Voldemort couldn’t touch you because of her. This dialogue showed us that a mother’s love goes beyond the powers of evil!
- “My momma always said, ‘Life was like a box of chocolates. You never know what you’re gonna get.’” – Forrest Gump, Forrest Gump
This list would be incomplete without talking about this famous line. Mrs. Gump tells Forrest that while life is unexpected, it is as delightful as a box of chocolates. Moms prepare us for the future.
While we never really need a reason to tell your mom you love her, giving them 101 reasons will certainly make their day! If you plan to use these as an inspiration for a card, remember to add your own touch to it. Write down a memory that sticks the most with you about your mom. Moms love beyond comparison, without ever needing a reason. So go hug your mother, and tell her how much you love and admire her! It’ll make her day.
- 101 Reasons Why I Love You To The Moon And Back
- 101 Valentine’s Day Wishes For Family
- 22 Best Meaningful Mother Daughter Tattoos and Ideas
Latest posts by Anjali (see all)
- 101 Reasons To Say “I Love You, Mom” - April 16, 2021
- Can You Use Witch Hazel On Your Face? - March 24, 2021
- Macadamia Oil For Hair – Benefits And How To Use - December 18, 2020
- 13 Best Hair Care Products For African American Hair - June 23, 2020
- 7 Simple Ways To Cut Your Hair At Home - May 6, 2020