As much as it’s fun to style out your own hair, styling the hair of a little girl is way more fun – it’s like playing hairstyle with a live doll!
So whether you have a little sister at home, a cute niece or your little girl – here are a few Hairstyles for kids with short hair that you can work around and add some more fun! Enjoy.
1. Bunched Up Knot:
Adorable isn’t it? The adorable bangs and the knot on the little girl’s hair are absolutely cute!
- The idea here is to keep the front bangs short and let the hair part at the side.
- The other side should have bangs that are longer and reach till the chin.
- Part the front part of the hair.
- Let the remaining hair go at the back.
- Hold all of it up in your hands and bunch up at the top towards one side.
- Now knot this up and secure with a hair elastic. And voila, it’s done!
[ Read: Easy Wedding Hairstyles For Little Girls ]
2. Princess Braid:
A befitting look for any little princess. I absolutely adore the way the hair is braided up and then merges into the entire look.
- First comb out the little one’s hair completely to remove any knots and tangles
- Works best if there is a front bang – not too long, till about the middle of the forehead will do
- Using a fine comb, part hair in various sections, keeping enough width to be able to braid each section
- You can either braid each section into regular or French braids, or even do a twist braid
- As you finish braiding each section, secure it at the top back of the head with an elastic
- Once all the sections are done, bunch them up together at the top and tie in a short ponytail
- If hair is longer, tie it into a bun.
- Add a cute ribbon bow to highlight
3. Twisted Ponytails:
This is preferably one of the easiest short hairstyles for kids that won’t take too long and can be really decked up with cute hair accessories, even ribbons!
- For this look, the little one’s hair needs to be nicely combed out till its soft and tangle-free
- Part hair on the side
- If your girl has front bangs, you can leave them free as it will be difficult to pin it in
- Using a fine-toothed comb, divide hair in multiple sections
- Start with the one at the front
- Take the section and begin twisting it inwards
- You should ideally let the twisted part come over till it is aligned to the eyes
- Now take a hair elastic and tie it up
- Repeat this with all the other parts
- Do this for hair till the crown area and leave the ones that fall behind at the back of the head
- Use cute accessories and tiny clips to highlight the hair
[ Read: Top Trending Hairstyles for Kids ]
4. Criss Cross Pigtails:
This is one super interesting and different hairstyle that would go well with short as well as medium length hair.
- Once the hair is combed out to remove all tangles, part at the middle
- From the side front, take a strand of hair and tie in a tight ponytail
- Now bring this back in a criss cross fashion towards the middle back of the head and tie with an elastic again tightly
- Repeat the same for the other side in the front
- Taking the loose end of the ponytail, bring it in slant pattern towards the back of the head at the nape and tie tightly with an elastic
- Repeat with the other pony
[ Read: Trendy Hairstyles For Kids ]
These are some of the cute Hairstyles for kids with short hair. Which is your favourite among these?
- Top 10 Trendy Hairstyles For Kids
- 7 Perfect Pixie Hairstyles For Kids
- 10 Cute Hairstyles For Cute Little Girls
- 12 Braids That Your Princess Will Love