12 Best Homemade Toners For Oily Skin That You Can Try In 2023
Shield your skin's natural moisture and leave it glowing without the pesky greasiness.
For all those who battle with oily skin every day, toning is an essential part of your daily skincare routine you probably didn’t think about. While cleansing your skin every day can get rid of all the impurities to a large extent, it is toning that can remove the remaining dirt that has built up over time and give you smooth and glowing skin in a jiffy. The good news is that you can try a few homemade toners for oily skin to get rid of the excess oil. The perfect homemade toner will help reduce the size of your pores, replenish the pH levels in your skin, add an extra layer of protection and form the perfect base for moisturizing your skin. In this article, we discuss a few natural ingredients available in your pantry you can use as a toner on a regular basis to healthy and glowing skin. Read on to know more!
In This Article
Homemade Toners For Oily Skin – The Best 12
1. Apple Cider Vinegar
- Mix 1 tablespoon of apple cider vinegar in 1 cup of water.
- Immerse a cotton pad in the solution and then wipe your face with it.
2. Mint Leaves
- Boil 6 cups of water.
- Add a couple of mint leaves to the water while it is still hot.
- Allow the solution to cool.
- Saturate a cotton pad with the solution and wipe your face with it.
3. Lemon Juice With Peppermint Tea
- Take 1 tablespoon of lemon juice, a peppermint tea bag, and 1 cup of hot water.
- Immerse the tea bag in the hot water and let it sit for a few minutes.
- Remove the tea bag from the water and add the lemon juice.
- Mix well and allow the solution to cool.
- Use a cotton pad to wipe your face with the solution.
4. Aloe Vera
- Slice an aloe vera leaf and scoop out the gel.
- Dilute 2 tablespoons of the gel with 1 cup of cool water.
- Apply the solution onto your face using a cotton pad.
- This solution also soothes sunburns and rashes.
- Take 2/3rds of a fresh cucumber and chop it up into small pieces.
- Pour a cup of water into a pan and add the chopped cucumber.
- Heat the pan for about 8 minutes until the water starts to boil.
- Blend the cucumber and water.
- Let it cool and then filter the juice out using a sieve.
- Apply this toner onto your face using a cotton pad.
6. Camphor With Rose Water
- Mix a pinch of camphor in a bottle of rose water.
- Apply this solution onto your face after every wash.
7. Ice Cold Water
- Use a cotton pad to dab some ice-cold water onto your face after you wash it.
- Optionally, you could simply rub an ice cube on your face.
8. Raw Mango Seed
- Take the seeds from a couple of raw mangoes.
- Place them in a pot with 3-4 cups of water and boil for 30 minutes.
- Let the liquid cool and then strain it.
- Use this to tone your face after every wash.
- Boil a chamomile tea bag in a cup of water for 5 minutes.
- Let it cool and store the tea in a bottle.
- Apply this onto your face with a cotton pad after every wash.
10. Lemon Juice
- Dilute 1 tablespoon of lemon with 1 cup of water.
- Apply the solution to your face using a cotton pad.
- Optionally, you can rub a lemon peel on your face and wipe off any residue with a wet cotton pad.
- This helps to remove tan and controls oiliness.
11. White Vinegar And Rose Water
- Add a tablespoon of white vinegar to a bottle of rose water.
- Use this to tone your face after every wash.
12. Green Tea
- Brew a cup of green tea and let it cool
- Use the tea as a toner after every wash
Toning is a necessary component of skincare, especially for those who have oily skin. Oily skin attracts dirt and dust, and using a toner after cleansing the face can help get rid of any remaining impurities. Natural toners for oily skin can also help balance the skin’s pH and prepare it for moisturization as part of the CTM routine. To tone your skin perfectly, you can choose from various natural ingredients, including aloe vera gel, ice cubes, lemons, chamomile, green tea, and apple cider vinegar.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is rose water good toner for oily skin?
Yes. Rose water is a good toner for acne-prone and oily skin. Homemade rose water contains rose essential oil, which has antimicrobial properties against acne-causing bacteria (3). It may help reduce acne and maintain the health of your skin.
What can I use instead of toner?
Instead of a commercial toner, you may use rose water and rice water to tone your skin. They may reduce oiliness and protect the skin from acne and breakouts.
- Homemade toners are natural and chemical-free alternatives made of aloe vera, camphor, or cucumber.
- Toners soothe sunburns, remove tan, control excess oil, and moisturize the skin.
- Apply the toner to your cleansed face with a cotton pad every day.
- Store the toners for 1-2 weeks in a cool, dark place.
Articles on StyleCraze are backed by verified information from peer-reviewed and academic research papers, reputed organizations, research institutions, and medical associations to ensure accuracy and relevance. Read our editorial policy to learn more.
- Astringency of organic acids is related to pH
- ALOE VERA: A SHORT REVIEW
- Pharmacological Effects of Rosa Damascena