Irritation is common problem, experienced by people who have sensitive eyes. This problem can make the everyday work difficult and sometimes unmanageable. For women with sensitive eyes, applying eye makeup might be a skillful task. If makeup is not applied properly, then problems, such as eye redness, irritation and itchiness might be encountered.
Best Eye Makeup Tips for Sensitive Eyes
Here, we give you a few practical tips for eye makeup for sensitive eyes to stay away from the above issues.
1. Clean Your Brushes:
One of the most important tips for sensitive eyes is that you should always keep in mind to clean your brushes regularly. Because dirt gets accumulated as you are using the brushes, so using unclean brushes might lead to eye infections. Clean the brushes using a mild soap or shampoo and leave them to dry on a clean cloth or a towel.
2. Creamy Shadows:
People with sensitive eyes always have a problem with powder eye shadows. Unlike the powder shadows, which flake, the creamy shadows are more suitable since they do not flake. You also need to stay away from the glittery or shimmery eyeshadows, because they would even more irritate your sensitive eyes.
[ Read: Makeup Tips For Brown Eyes ]
3. Avoid Lining Your Inner Eye:
Many makeup artists recommend using white kohl pencil to line the inner eye line, in order to make them appear bigger. This would look good, but unfortunately people with sensitive eyes should avoid lining the inner eye. People with sensitive eyes should always use a liner or pencil outside the lash line.
4. Choose The Best Products:
You need not worry if you have sensitive eyes, you can still apply the best eye makeup for sensitive eyes. Today a number of brands manufacture products, especially to target those with sensitive eyes. But you still need to be cautious in choosing such products. Always try some brands until you find the one which suits you the best.
5. Replace Your Products Often:
Many of us might throw the products when we haven’t used those after a few months. But doing so can really help your sensitive eyes. Even though you had kept them clean, there is always the risk of bacteria getting into your makeup products. It is always best to replace, especially your eye products frequently to reduce eye irritations.
6. Primer And Foundation:
Primers and foundation not only help in keeping your makeup in place, they also act as a shield between your sensitive skin around your eyes and makeup. There are specialist primers and foundations available for eye area, which are sheerer and smoother than the ordinary ones. But also choose the right eye makeup for sensitive skin by choosing right products and blending them gently on your skin before applying your makeup.
[ Read: Makeup Tips For Big Eyes ]
Avoid using mascaras, which are formulated to lengthen your eyelashes, since the fibers in such mascaras could cause irritation in your sensitive eyes. Some people would like to use eyelash dye kit. It is always advisable to perform a patch test before using it.
8. Gentle Touch:
Sensitive eyes should always be treated with gentle care. Along with using clean brushes, you should always clean your hands before applying eye makeup. Irritants get transferred easily to your eyes, so being hygienic would help avoid such problems. Also try avoiding rubbing your eyes when removing and applying your makeup.
9. Always Remove Makeup:
Many of us have the habit of forgetting or feeling lazy to remove our makeup often. But this should not be the case if you have sensitive eyes. You should always make it a point to remove all the makeup in your eyes using a mild cleanser or with a makeup remover. By removing the makeup you also protect your eyes from all kinds of infections or dirt getting inside it.
[ Read: Simple Gold Eye Makeup Tutorial ]
10. Choose Different Colors:
Some people find certain specific pigments would make a difference as to how your eyes react to eyeliners. So, if you have been using dark black colored eyeliner, try some lighter shade, such as light or dark browns to see if it makes a difference to your sensitive eyes.
Sensitive eyes require a lot of testing to find the best suitable product. By following these techniques, measures and cleanliness, you can still flaunt beautiful eyes.
Do you have any more tips that are missing here? Do not forget to share with us in the comment section below.
Expert’s Answers for Reader’s Questions
Which are the Best Branded Mascaras for Sensitive Eyes?
If your eyes are sensitive, you should refrain from using regular mascaras since the fiber in them could cause irritation to your eyes. Even if you are using mascara for sensitive eyes, a patch test is recommended.
- Clinique’s Lash Power Mascara is your best bet. It beautifully defines your eyelashes by separating them and keeps your sensitive eyes from itching.
- Llia Pure Mascara is a treat for sensitive eyes. It has no synthetic preservatives and makes your eyes look absolutely gorgeous.
- Also, you can opt for Shu Uemura, a natural mascara that curls your eyelashes and defines your eyes like never before.
All this, and without any itching or irritation!
What are the Best Eye Makeup Removers for Sensitive Eyes?
There are many makeup removers available in the market. But your sensitive eyes limit the choice. It’s important to pick the right eye makeup remover because the last thing you want is irritation and itching after cleaning your makeup.
- Clinique Take The Day Off Makeup Remover is your best bet. Ophthalmologist tested, it easily wipes off even waterproof mascara without stinging.
- You could also try Lakme Absolute Bi- Phased Makeup Remover.
- Another option is Loreal Lip and Eye Makeup Remover, which will wipe off your eye makeup easily with its nonirritating fragrancefree formula. It’s also perfect for those who wear contacts.
What are the Best Hypoallergenic Makeup Brands for Sensitive Eyes?
There are a number of hypoallergenic makeup brands for sensitive eyes. But it’s advisable to perform a patch test before using any of them.
- The safest makeup brand for sensitive eyes is Clinique. Their makeup formulas are meant for sensitive eyes and skin.
- Other popular hypoallergenic brands in line are Neutrogena, the perfect solution for irritated and dry eyes.
- Almay is great for contact lens wearers.
- Lancome is another Parisbased brand that is exceptionally hypoallergenic in nature and is considered perfect for sensitive eyes.
Other than these, Olay, MAC, Nivea, and Biore are some easily available brands that will suit you.
What are the Best Eyeliners for Sensitive Eyes?
Eyeliner is a defining factor of eye makeup. And when you have sensitive eyes, choosing the right eyeliner is a tough battle. Many new brands have introduced eyeliners that are formulated especially for sensitive eyes.
- Urban Decay’s 24/7 Glide On Eye Pencil is perfect for the regular matte look. It goes very dark and stays for long hours.
- Another great option for sensitive eyes is Maybelline New York Eye Studio Lasting Drama Gel Eyeliner, a great drugstore gel eyeliner that will make your eyes look stunning.
Others on the list are Stila Stay All Day Waterproof Liquid Eyeliner and Bobbi Brown Long Wear Gel Eyeliner.
Mention Any 3 Best Eyeshadows for Sensitive Eyes.
Picking the right eyeshadow for sensitive eyes is important. If your skin is prone to rashes, a regular eyeshadow might cause irritation and itching. Also, you will end up touching your eyes again and again, which could spoil the makeup.
- The best eyeshadow for sensitive eyes is Maybelline New York Eye Studio Color Tattoo 24 Hour Crème Gel Shadow. Smooth consistency, quick drying, and longlasting.
- Next is MAC Eyeshadow, highly pigmented, which lasts all day, and there’s no creasing at all!
- IT Cosmetics Naturally Pretty Eyeshadow Trio is pretty good too.
Which is the Best Waterproof Mascara for Sensitive Eyes?
Here are some of the best waterproof mascaras that will take care of your sensitive eyes and never run down. These brands will define your eyelashes, making them look long and separated.
- Maybelline New York Great Lash Waterproof Mascara is a smudgeresistant bestseller that will make your sensitive eyes look absolutely gorgeous.
- Christian Dior DiorShow Black Out Waterproof Mascara is totally waterproof and will make your eyes look bold and beautiful. It is clinically tested for sensitive eyes.
- Benefit BAD Gal Waterproof Mascara is especially formulated for sensitive eyes. It is nonirritating, easy to use, and gives a stunning look to your eyes.
- 11 Must Follow Makeup Tips For Brown Eyes
- 10 Prom Makeup Tips And Ideas To Inspire You
- 5 Helpful Makeup Tips To Make Your Pores Look Smaller
- Top 10 Makeup Tips That Will Make Your Mornings Easier
- 8 Eye Makeup Tips For Close Set Eyes
Latest posts by waafiya (see all)
- 10 Best Herbal Anti-Inflammatory Tablets And Supplements - January 31, 2015
- 10 Simple Makeup Tips For Sensitive Eyes - September 19, 2014
- Top 5 Vegetarian Restaurants In Kolkata - August 30, 2014
- 10 Best Sunscreen Powders Available In India - August 30, 2014
- 10 Serious Side Effects Of Mushrooms On Your Health - August 26, 2014