Do you find yourself often easily distracted? Wondering how you can increase your concentration levels and achieve success in your work and life? Then meditation is the key!
Increasing your concentration will yield more productivity in any task that you undertake. By using some simple techniques of meditation, you can single-handedly be responsible for your success. And such success is not only confined to your workplace, but also to your social and personal life.
Want to know more about concentration and the different meditation techniques to improve it? Then this is the post you should be reading!
What Is Concentration?
Concentration is the process of focusing your mind on a singular object, either within or outside your body, and keeping this attention steady for a period of time.
You need to understand that it is perfectly natural for your mind to wander at first, and this should not throw you off balance.
Being able to concentrate is an art that will take some practice.
Meditation And Concentration:
Meditation and concentration are the two royal roads to perfection. Only true concentration will lead to meditation. If you have a steady mind, you will see all other aspects of your life to be steady and balanced.
You can concentrate on internal aspects – your breathing, counting numbers in your mind, or your heartbeat.
Alternatively, you can concentrate on external aspects – the flame of a candle, a point on the wall or the ticking of a clock.
To be able to successfully concentrate, you will require some practice at first. Every time you feel your mind wandering, do not panic. Just clear your mind of these distractions and begin the process again.
[ Read: Simple Tips To Boost Your Concentration ]
How To Do Concentration Meditation:
The primary focus of meditation to increase your concentration is to eliminate all distractions, whether external or internal. Being able to concentrate during meditation will prove its benefits in your everyday life. The simple steps included in this procedure are:
1. Focus On Your Breathing:
Find a comfortable spot, and allow your mind to be cleared of all thoughts.
Now, just focus on your breathing as you inhale and exhale. You can count your breaths.
2. Try And Not Move:
It is understandable for you to be uncomfortable or fidgety at first, as you are not really used to sitting still for a long period of time.
Close your eyes, find a comfortable position and just calm your mind.
You will notice your body loosening up and becoming calm as well.
3. Use A Mantra:
Once you are comfortable, find a mantra of your choice.
This can be any syllable, word or phrase which will help you focus.
The most popular choice of word for meditation is “Om”.
[ Read: Yoga Exercises for Concentration ]
Techniques For Meditation:
Once you have successfully built your concentration, you can begin your meditation. Here are several techniques enlisted to be used in meditation for concentration. Read and decide which one is best for you.
1. Zazen (Breathing Concentration):
- Sit in a comfortable spot with your spine erect.
- This is one of the simplest meditation techniques for concentration.
- It just involves concentrating on your own breathing.
- This technique was used by old Buddhist monks.
- It is an effective technique that is extremely simple too.
- If you lose your concentration, do not panic.
- Just begin your counting from the start again and proceed.
2. Vipassana (Concentration To Sensations):
- This technique of meditation for concentration involves focusing your attention on the physical sensations of your body.
- This is the most enlightening and effective method of meditation for concentration.
- The goal of this technique is to purify your mind and to see things for what they really are.
- This technique is said to help you attain true wisdom and clarity of thought.
[ Read: Simple Concentration Exercises ]
3. Tratak (Concentration To A Candle Flame):
- Tratak involves you to concentrate on the flame of a candle.
- This exercise would be more effective if practiced in a dark room so you can concentrate on the flame easily.
- This meditation for concentration technique helps in enhancing your memory and attention or focus.
- The method is effective to block your distracting thoughts.
- After looking at the flame for some time, close your eyes and try to imagine the position of the flame in your mind.
Meditation for concentration is an extremely old and effective method used for hundreds of years. Concentration is important on an overall basis. Eliminating distractions and improper thoughts is the beginning to make logical decisions.
Use these simple methods of concentration meditation and watch how it benefits you. Hope you have enjoyed reading this article and it has encouraged you enough to practice these techniques regularly! Do not forget to share your valuable feedback in the comments section below!
- 12 Yoga Exercises for Concentration That Work Wonders
- 16 Simple Concentration Exercises You Should Try
- 10 Simple Tips To Boost Your Concentration
- Is Meditation Helpful For Relaxation?
- 9 Amazing Benefits Of Meditation For Leading A Healthy Life
Latest posts by Akruti (see all)
- 10 Best Selsun Shampoos You Can Try Today - February 25, 2015
- 3 Simple Meditation Techniques To Boost Your Concentration - December 26, 2014
- 8 Easy Ways To Lose A Pounds In Just A Day - December 15, 2014
- 11 Wonderful Benefits Of Rice Milk Soap For Your Skin - October 22, 2014
- 4 Simple Ways To Use Honey And Warm Water For Weight Loss - October 17, 2014