If white hair is peeping through your eyebrows and you are desperate to hide them, we have got you covered. The following simple steps to color eyebrows for white hair will help you eliminate this annoying problem and get fashion forward eyebrows that are in style. White or gray eyebrow hair can make you look awkward with your cosmetics and end up ruining your makeup looks. Dyes and colors serve as the best and safest solution. Swipe up to explore the different tips and tricks to cover white hair.
- Choose The Right Shade: Choose The Right Shade Choose a shade that matches your hair color or is slightly lighter than it.
- Prep Your Skin: Choose The Right Shade Make sure your eyebrows are free of makeup or oil, and cleanse them using a gentle cleanser or micellar water before coloring.
- Don’t Overdo It: Choose The Right Shade Apply color sparingly and build it up gradually, as adding more color is easier than removing excess color.
- Test For Allergies: Choose The Right Shade Before applying any new product, do a patch test to check for allergies and sensitivities.
In This Article
Different Methods To Color Eyebrow White Hair:
When it comes to coloring eyebrows for hiding the white hairs, there are 2 different choices for you. Let us tell you about them in detail:
1. Applying A Temporary Dye:
The sub-heading itself is enough to give us an idea about the procedure. It revolves around the application of a ‘root dye’ that offers temporary coverage to the white or grey hairs in eyebrows. You can avail these dyes in simple mascara-like containers. You can use them anytime and anywhere to give the roots of your brow-hairs a nice touch-up.
Pros And Cons Of Using Temporary Dye:
- Simple, easy and fast to use. All you need is to brush it on the white hairs carefully. There is no possibility of messing up.
- Gives a beautiful natural look, while making the color slightly fuller in appearance.
- Offers short-term results that can last for maximum 24 hours, i.e., one whole day.
- Gets washed off by water as it is not a waterproof version. So, reapplication may be needed if the brows come in contact with water.
- Not that expensive.
2. Applying A Regular Hair Dye:
Coloring the grey or white hair in eyebrows with a regular hair dye is known to be the most popular method for this purpose. You can either get your brows dyed by a hairstylist at a salon or simply do it by your own in your home.
Pros And Cons Of Using Regular Dye:
- The application is slightly tricky. One needs to be very careful while applying it.
- Can get messed up, if proper method is not followed and you may end up staining your skin.
- Needs more time than the previous technique.
- Gives a look that enhances your natural beauty.
- Offers long-lasting results, which can range from a few weeks to a couple of months.
- A bit costlier.
How To Color Eyebrows At Home To Hide White Hair
Though you can ask your hairstylist to color the white hair in your brows while coloring your gorgeous locks, it is always better to go for the DIY method. This can save both your time and money. So, just take the plunge and do it on your own. Here is a step-by-step guide on how to dye eyebrows at home:
Start with thoroughly cleansing and grooming your eyebrows. There is no need to apply a facial wash. Rather, do it by using a simple cotton pad and lukewarm water. Once you are done with it, pat dry the brows and the surrounding skin gently.
Apply petroleum jelly (Vaseline is absolutely the perfect choice) liberally to the skin around both of your eyebrows. This is important so that you do no end up staining your skin during the procedure. However, make sure that you do not apply it on your brows. Otherwise, they would not be able to hold on the color.
Wear a pair of disposable plastic gloves before starting the application. It will prevent the tint from staining your hands.
Go through the manufacturer’s instructions that come with the coloring kit. Usually, it contains two specific solutions – one is ‘color’ and the other is ‘developer’. They need to get mixed properly in order to activate the dye.
Now, apply it to your eyebrows (focusing on the white hairs, of course) with the help of a disposable mascara wand. You may lift the hairs up a little by using a toothpick and move the tips of the mascara wand along their roots for the best results.
Wait for some time (as mentioned in the instructions) so that the pigment can take hold of the brow hairs nicely. After that, rinse it off with a mild facial cleanser and lukewarm water. The best thing about coloring the white hair in eyebrows at home is that it needs less than 10 minutes. Also, you can save your bucks. Moreover, you get a wonderful natural look that lasts for long.
Infographic: 6 Easy Steps To Color Your Gray Eyebrows At Home
Dyeing your gray eyebrows is the simplest way to cover the grays for at least 3-4 weeks. It’s less expensive and hassle-free. The infographic below gives a brief overview of the 6 simple and safe steps to dye and hide those eyebrow grays at home. Check it out!
With this article on steps to color eyebrows for white hair, your days of worrying about your brow hair care are finally over. Now you can flaunt some naturally beautiful eyebrows following the tips listed above. You can either apply a temporary dye on your brows or a regular hair dye –whatever suits your purpose. But make sure to read the pros and cons of these methods before trying out the process. Have your bases sorted, so you do have to be disappointed later. Now, go and rock your brows!
Frequently Asked Questions
What color eyebrow pencil should you use with white hair?
If you want your eyebrows to match your hair, pick an eyebrow pencil close to your hair shade. If you want to color your eyebrows in a different color, you can pick the shade you desire best. But remember to choose a color that matches your skin tone and undertone.
What does white eyebrow hair indicate?
Premature white eyebrows may indicate an underlying medical issue. However, white eyebrows can be a sign of aging. It is normal for your eyebrow hairs to turn gray as you age.
Should eyebrows match hair color?
No. Eyebrow color is naturally a shade darker than the hair shade. The eyebrow should be two shades darker for lighter hair shades (dyed or natural). However, you may also match your eyebrow color with your hair color or try other eyebrow color trends.
- There are two ways to color eyebrows: you can use either a temporary dye or a regular hair dye.
- Temporary dyes are easy to use and give a natural look but offer short-term results as they can be washed off with water easily. While regular dyes are a bit thicker in consistency and can turn messy, they give longer-lasting results.
- To color your eyebrows at home, start by cleaning the eyebrows, then apply petroleum jelly to the surrounding area. Wear disposable gloves and mix the color and developer solutions.
- You can apply dye to eyebrows with a disposable mascara wand. Wait for the color to absorb and set in before rinsing it.
- Getting your eyebrows colored at home is quick, cost-effective, and gives a natural look that lasts for a long time.
Learn how to color your white eyebrows in 6 simple steps from the video below. Get tips and tricks to make your eyebrows look natural and beautiful. Check it out!