Tummo is an ancient meditation technique used by Buddhist monks. It is a kind of tantric yoga, and was originated in the Himalayas thousands of years ago. This meditation is known to burn all kinds of thoughts that are sinful and encourage wrong doing! It will redirect the thoughts in your mind, and help you think right. You could do this practice by using 3 wet clothes. Keep the wet clothes on your naked body in temperatures that are cold and freezing.
Usually, staunch followers of Buddhism practice Tummo meditation. There are six kinds of meditation found in this faith, and Tummo happens to be quite a popular one. It is the meditation which heals your inner heart from sinful thoughts, and helps you control your body from committing wrong doings. If you ever visit a Buddhist monastery, you will certainly going to learn a lot about Tummo Meditation. For now, let us focus on what this practice really is; its techniques; and health benefits.
[ Read: Benefits Of Eckhart Tolle Meditation ]
How To Practice Tummo Meditation?
Tummo Meditation is a simple and basic technique that teaches you how to breathe. To do it the right way, use the following steps:
1. Get seated on a mat. Now cross your legs and place them one over the other. Your hands could be placed on the knees.
2. Keep your eyes closed now. Try and focus on yourself by removing all wrong thoughts. Thoughts emerge from different directions and tend to spoil your mind. This is what you should avoid. Your mind should be peaceful. All dirty and sinful thoughts should be removed.
3. When you breathe, there are noticeable movements that happen in the bowel. It keeps going up and gently coming down.
4. Now you can continue to focus on the bowel and its movement during those inhaling and exhaling periods.
5. Gently begin to come upwards and continue to concentrate on the nasal area. Keep your focus on the breath as it inhales and exhales.
6. When you have reached that position where you can concentrate without having any wrong thoughts, you can picture your body as a hollow one in your mind.
7. Now think that a hot lamp has been kept right in the middle of a hollow balloon. All heat will be discharged.
8. Watch as your body gently begins to heat up.
Health Benefits Of Tummo Meditation:
The health benefits of Tummo meditation are multiple.
- It gives you the power to fight in ways you have never imagined. This is the battle of the mind.
- It improves your concentration power.
- It boosts your memory power.
- You become much more calm and composed.
- It cleanses your heart, and keeps your body healthy.
- It will also improve the breathing techniques and the health of your lungs.
Surprising Example Of Tummo Meditation:
There has been a bold and valiant person named Wim Hof who was called the ‘Iceman’ because of his insane capacity of bearing up with the cold. He was the first one to run barefoot in the Arctic, and has at the moment set his target towards the Antarctica! Imagine that! He holds more than 15 world records, and all of them are because of his ability to bear up with the ice. He stayed immersed in an ice bath for seventy three minutes in total. He is someone who enjoys challenging his body to extreme levels, especially keeping up with cold weather. He even made an attempt to climb the Mount Everest, dressed only in shorts. Isn’t that crazy?
Want to learn Tummo meditation? Leave us a comment below.
- How To Awaken Your 7 Chakras
- 5 Amazing Benefits Of Eckhart Tolle Meditation
- Mahamudra Meditation – What Is It And What Are Its Benefits?
Latest posts by Naomi (see all)
- 3 Best Exercises For Hiatal Hernia - August 6, 2015
- 3 Amazing Benefits And 2 Side Effects Of Tartaric Acid - July 31, 2015
- 7 Amazing Benefits Of Hot Oil Manicure - July 24, 2015
- 6 Amazing Health Benefits Of Ballerina Tea - July 6, 2015
- Glutathione For Skin Whitening : Does It Really Work? - July 3, 2015