If you want naturally long, lush eyelashes without reaching for your mascara each time, there exists a humble ingredient that will grant you this wish. Castor oil, the miracle hair growth ingredient, is found to be especially effective when it comes to achieving unbelievably thick and long lashes (and bolder brows!). It is also known to prevent breakage and stimulate faster and healthier eyelash growth. I decided to incorporate castor oil into my hair care routine about a year ago, and the results have made me stick with it for good. My lashes are now significantly longer, fuller, and oh-so-healthy.
In this article, we have discussed a few insanely simple methods to incorporate castor oil into your beauty regimen to achieve the lashes of your dreams. You won’t have to shell out your savings on exorbitantly priced lash growth serums once you start using these DIY methods.
But first, let’s begin with the fundamentals.
|Sky Organics Organic Castor Oil||Check Price|
|Rejuve Naturals 100% Pure Certified Organic Castor Oil||Check Price|
How Does Castor Oil Benefit Hair Growth?
Besides its antifungal and antibacterial properties, castor oil is packed with beneficial nutrients like proteins, minerals, and fatty acids, such as oleic, linoleic, stearic, and palmitic ricinoleic acids. It also contains natural compounds that promote hair growth.
- Castor Oil Contains Vitamin E
Vitamin E works as a powerful antioxidant that conditions your lashes and keeps them from falling out. It also helps repair damage to hair follicles, which then promotes hair growth.
- Castor Oil Is Rich In Ricinoleic Acid
Castor oil also contains naturally high levels of ricinoleic acid, an omega-9 essential fatty acid that thickens your lashes and stimulates lash growth.
Wondering if it is safe? Check out the next section!
Castor Oil For Eyelashes – Is It Safe?
As opposed to the wide range of eyelash growth products in the market, which may or may not have side effects, castor oil is a natural ingredient. Much like an all-natural conditioner and at a moderate dosage, it works fine without any side effects.
Even if a little bit gets into your eye, it does not cause any damage. It only blurs your vision if you apply an excess amount (in which case, you can wash it off). The trick to keeping it from getting in your eyes is simple – apply it with precision and in small amounts. If you want to know more about how to use it the correct way, keep scrolling.
How To Use Castor Oil For Eyelashes
There is more than just one way you can use castor oil on your lashes and brows. Below are five of the most effective ways that you can combine castor oil with other wholesome ingredients to make a DIY lash serum right at home.
The best time to apply it is at night as this allows more time for the oil to saturate your lashes, and you will wake up with healthier lashes in the morning.
DIY Methods For Natural Eyelash Growth
This is the easiest method to nourish your lashes with nothing but castor oil.
- Cleanse your face and make sure you remove all traces of makeup from your eyes.
- Get hold of a clean mascara wand or a clean eyeliner brush.
- Dip it into the castor oil and carefully apply it on your upper and lower lashline, coating each lash thoroughly.
- Leave it on overnight.
- Remove it the next morning with a makeup wipe or some rose water.
Create your own natural eyelash serum with the help of two ingredients that you can easily find in your kitchen cabinet. Glycerin is popular for its moisturizing properties, and egg whites are known for their high protein content.
- Pour some castor oil into a tiny bottle or container.
- Add two drops of glycerin to the oil.
- Add two drops of egg white to this mixture.
- Using a clean mascara wand, gently apply this homemade serum to your upper and lower lashes.
- You can leave it on overnight or for a couple of hours before washing it off.
3. Castor Oil And Olive Oil Combo
Olive oil is a rich source of vitamins A and E, and it is also packed with tons of antioxidants. Combining castor oil and olive oil is highly beneficial as your lashes soak up the benefits of both of these wonderful oils.
- Start with an empty container or bottle to store this mixture for several uses.
- Pour two tablespoons of olive oil and two tablespoons of castor oil into the bottle.
- Make sure the oils have blended completely.
- Use a clean mascara wand or an eyeliner brush to apply this mixture to your upper and lower lashlines.
- Leave it on overnight and remove it with a makeup wipe the next morning.
4. Castor Oil And Sweet Almond Oil Combo
Sweet almond oil is a rich source of vitamin E, essential fats, magnesium, and calcium. When you use it over a period, it adds a significant shine and luster to your lashes, making them thicker, stronger, and longer. Combining almond oil and castor oil is a surefire way to help your lashes achieve quicker results.
Pro Tip: Create a miracle lash serum by adding a few drops of lavender or rosemary essential oil to this solution.
- Start by looking for a tiny glass bottle or container to store the mixture for several uses.
- Pour two tablespoons of castor oil and two spoons of sweet almond oil into the container.
- Once the oils have blended, use a clean mascara wand or an eyeliner brush to apply one coat of this mixture to your lashes.
- For best results, leave it on overnight.
5. Vaseline, Coconut Oil, And Castor Oil Serum
Petroleum jelly is an incredible conditioning and moisturizing agent for dry and brittle lashes. Coconut oil is rich in nutrients that will help make your lashes dark, soft, and shiny.
- Take a clean, tiny container or jar to make this serum.
- Add two parts Vaseline, one part coconut oil, and one part castor oil into it.
- Blend the ingredients.
- With an eyeliner brush or a clean mascara wand, apply one coat of this mixture to your upper and lower lashes.
- Leave it on overnight and wipe it off in the morning using makeup removing wipes.
How Long Does It Take For Eyelashes To Grow Back With Castor Oil?
The only way to achieve effective results with castor oil is to use it every night religiously. To give you an average estimate, it takes about 3-6 months for eyelashes to grow back and for you to notice a significant change in their thickness, length, and overall appearance.
To know more about which castor oil is the best for eyelash growth, check out the next section.
Best Castor Oil For Eyelash Growth
You should ideally use cold-pressed castor oil for eyelashes and brows. It is made by pressing organic castor seeds with zero heat involved. The lack of heat means that there is a lower risk of degrading the oil’s natural healing properties and nutrients.
Below are a few options you can choose from:
This castor oil from Sky Organics is 100% natural and produced with the highest quality standards, using real castor oil sourced directly from organic, artisanal farmers in India. Its nutrients get absorbed into your lashes and leave them looking thicker, longer, and stronger with regular use.
- Suitable for all hair and skin types
- Value for money
|1|| ||Castor Oil USDA Organic Cold-Pressed 100% Pure, Hexane-Free Castor Oil - Moisturizing & Healing, For...||8,957 Reviews||$17.95||Buy on Amazon|
|2|| ||Organic Castor Oil Eyelash Serum by Sky Organics (1 oz) USDA Organic Cold-Pressed 100% Pure Castor...||579 Reviews||$12.95||Buy on Amazon|
|3|| ||Castor Oil (2oz) USDA Certified Organic, 100% Pure, Cold Pressed, Hexane Free by Kate Blanc....||8,071 Reviews||$8.99||Buy on Amazon|
Rejuve Naturals’ 100% pure castor oil is your ticket to dramatically fuller and more voluminous lashes and brows. This oil comes with five mascara and eyeliner brushes for easy application.
- Comes with brushes
- Can be used on hair and skin
|1|| ||Organic Castor Oil - Boost Hair Growth for Hair, Eyelashes & Eyebrows. USDA Certified Organic, 100%...||672 Reviews||$13.95||Buy on Amazon|
|2|| ||Organic Castor Oil (16oz Glass Bottle) USDA Certified Organic, 100% Pure, Cold Pressed, Hexane Free....||267 Reviews||$24.79||Buy on Amazon|
|3|| ||Castor Oil USDA Organic Cold-Pressed 100% Pure, Hexane-Free Castor Oil - Moisturizing & Healing, For...||8,957 Reviews||$17.95||Buy on Amazon|
Castor Oil Eyelash Growth Results: Before & After
Works like a charm!
However, there are some precautions that you need to take to while using castor oil. Check them out below!
Side Effects Of Castor Oil For Eyelashes
Castor oil is not known to cause any severe side effects when used in moderate amounts on your eyelashes. However, it may cause blurry vision and irritation if it seeps into your eyes. The best way to prevent this is to apply it with care and precision to avoid getting it into your eye.
If you haven’t tried castor oil yet, it’s time you go out and get yourself a bottle. Besides the fact that you will save a whole lot of money, it is a guaranteed way to achieve beautiful eyelashes efficiently. Start your castor oil beauty regimen today, and you will have great looking lashes in no time.
Do you have any more questions about this natural beauty remedy? Leave them in the comments section below, and we will get back to you!
- 6 Amazing Benefits Of Castor Oil For Your Eyes
- Is Castor Oil Effective For Solving Scalp Problems?
- Does Castor Oil Help You Lose Weight?
- Is Castor Oil Effective For Eyebrow Growth?
- Aroma Magic Castor Oil Uses & Ingredients
Latest posts by Esha Saxena (see all)
- 52 Most Beautiful Women in the World - September 14, 2020
- 11 Best Drugstore Primers For Oily Skin - September 10, 2020
- 8 Best Vitamin C-Enriched Face Creams - September 9, 2020
- 9 Of The Best Green Concealers To Cancel Out Redness - October 10, 2019
- The 9 Differences Between Loving Someone And Being In Love - October 9, 2019