You would have very well known how beneficial a vegetable beetroot is! But have you ever thought that it can also be used as a face pack? Well, if you didn’t, then you must know it now! Because a beetroot face pack can do a lot good to your skin!
Beetroots have many health benefits. Scientific studies have confirmed that raw beetroots combat dementia, prevent heart disease, hypertension and even regulate blood sugar levels. Raw beetroots act as a brilliant exercise supplement. They stimulate muscle oxygenation, helping you endure high-intensity exercises. Beetroots contain strong antioxidants, anti-inflammatory and fungicidal characteristics. They have been known to treat gout and gall bladder. They also contain homocysteine, a compound that enhances stomach acid regeneration and reduces cholesterol. (1)
Beetroot is extremely effective for good hair and skin. It’s been widely used as a face pack by many cultures. It lends a pinkish hue to your skin. Although the results are more visible on fair people, regular use of this beetroot mask for face can help give you flawless skin by reducing pores and dark spots. So, after reading all this, you really are unable to wait to get started with a beetroot face pack, right? Then read on!
How To Make Beetroot Face Pack At Home?
Follow any of these 2 methods to prepare Beetroot face pack at home.
1. Beetroot Face Pack With Warm Water:
What You Will Need?
- Beetroot Juice (5-6 tsp)
- Warm water
- Cotton balls
- Washcloth or Napkin
- Cotton towel
How To Make Beetroot Face Pack With Warm Water?
- Splash warm water all over the face and allow it to dry. This helps remove grime and dust that would interfere with the beetroot juice.
- Grate some beetroot juice in a bowl and soak a cotton ball in the juice.
- Proceed to dab the cotton ball onto your face. Be careful to avoid the eyes and the mouth, unless you don’t mind pink teeth. Be careful to use enough to wet the skin, but don’t let it slide down your face.
- Allow the juice to settle for a couple of minutes before reapplying a fresh layer with a new cotton ball. The second layer ensures that your face is covered with beetroot juice.
- Allow it to dry for 15-20 minutes. Don’t touch your face as you may remove the juice and even stain your hands. Remember to remove it after 20 minutes as it may leave stains.
- Immerse a washcloth or a napkin in warm water. Proceed to wipe the beetroot juice in circular motions.
- Pat your face dry with a towel.
- You will notice an instantaneous pinkish glow. Use this face pack twice in a month to get beautiful skin. (2)
2. Beetroot Face Pack With Yogurt And Lime Juice:
What You Will Need?
- Beetroot Juice (2 tsp)
- Yogurt (1 tsp)
- Lime juice (1 tsp
- Fullers earth / Gram flour (2 tsp)
How to Prepare Beetroot Face Pack With Yogurt And Lime Juice?
- Once you have squeezed the juice from the grated beetroots, collect it in a small bowl.
- Add two tablespoons of fuller’s earth / gram flour and add the yogurt, lime juice to the bowl of beetroot juice.
- Mix the contents into a smooth paste.
- Proceed to spread it evenly over the face and leave it on for 15 minutes.
- Rinse it off with lukewarm water.
- Pat your face dry. You will notice an immediate pink glow and radiant skin. Use this face pack 5-7 times to get that flawless skin you wanted. (3)
Doesn’t this make you want to try these amazing face packs today? Like and share the article among your friends and loved ones. For any suggestions, or if you have your own homemade beetroot face mask recipes, share them with us in the comments section!
- 8 Homemade Collagen Face Packs You Can Try Today
- 5 Natural Homemade Face Packs For Instant Glow
- 3 Effective Homemade Face Packs For Clear Skin
- 5 Effective Homemade Face Packs To Treat Dark Spots
- 10 Effective Homemade Protein-Rich Hair Packs
Latest posts by Ameya C (see all)
- 8 Facts About Washing Hands That You Don’t Want To Ignore - February 23, 2016
- 5 Amazing Benefits Of Castor Oil Bath - June 12, 2015
- Top 9 Foam Rollers For Runners - June 8, 2015
- 6 Amazing Benefits Of Elemi Essential Oil - May 6, 2015
- What Is Reverse Prayer Yoga And What Are Its Benefits? - May 5, 2015