Beetroot is not just beneficial for your digestive system and heart, but it is also a wonderful ingredient for your skin. Beetroot face packs can do magic to your skin and help you achieve flawless and bright skin. Did you know that? Well, if you didn’t, this article is for you.
Usually, beetroots are known for their health benefits, and researchers have claimed this vegetable may help manage and prevent dementiai XA term used to refer to a group of symptoms severe enough to seriously impair memory, reasoning, and social functions. , hypertensioni XA condition in which blood vessels have a chronically elevated pressure. It is also known as high blood pressure. , heart diseases, and high blood sugar levels. If you are a fitness enthusiast, beetroot is one of the most important vegetables you need to add to your diet. It helps you endure high-intensity workouts as it stimulates muscle oxygenationi XThe amount and pace at which oxygen is supplied to a functioning muscle tissue, improving anaerobic (without oxygen) muscular performance. . Due to its fungicidali XAn agent or substance capable of eradicating fungi and their spores or preventing them from growing. , antioxidant, and anti-inflammatory properties, it helps manage gallbladder and gouti XA type of arthritis caused by excess uric acid in the blood, characterized by severe pain, swelling and stiffness in the joints. issues as well as inflammation. In addition, the presence of homocysteine in beetroots improves stomach acid degeneration and helps it control cholesterol (1).
When used as a face pack, it gives a pinkish hue to your face. Using a beetroot face pack will help you achieve flawless skin and reduce dark spots and pores. Keep reading this article to know the simple ways to prepare DIY beetroot face packs at home.
In This Article
How To Make A Beetroot Face Pack At Home?
Dr. Nadir Qazi, a board-certified physician, says, “It is not the best idea to rub beetroot directly on the face often. It can stain the skin pink for several days. In addition, direct contact with the beet surface may cause skin irritation and inflammation.”
He adds, “Using beetroot directly will stain the skin. It is best to mix a small amount of beet juice with a large amount of a face mask base. Yogurt makes an excellent base for a face mask, the lactic acid being a humectant, emollient, and effective exfoliant.” Follow any of these 3 methods to prepare a beetroot face pack at home.
1. Beetroot Face Pack With Warm Water
What Will You Need?
- Beetroot Juice (5-6 tsp)
- Warm water
- Cotton balls
- Washcloth or Napkin
- Cotton towel
How To Make A Beetroot Face Pack With Warm Water?
- Splash warm water all over the face and allow it to dry. This helps remove grime and dust that would interfere with the beetroot juice.
- Grate some beetroot juice in a bowl and soak a cotton ball in the juice.
- Proceed to dab the cotton ball onto your face. Be careful to avoid the eyes and the mouth, unless you don’t mind pink teeth. Be careful to use enough to wet the skin, but don’t let it slide down your face.
- Allow the juice to settle for a couple of minutes before reapplying a fresh layer with a new cotton ball. The second layer ensures that your face is covered with beetroot juice.
- Allow it to dry for 15-20 minutes. Don’t touch your face as you may remove the juice and even stain your hands. Remember to remove it after 20 minutes as it may leave stains.
- Immerse a washcloth or a napkin in warm water. Proceed to wipe the beetroot juice in circular motions to improve skin texture and blood circulation.
- Pat your face dry with a towel.
- You will notice an instantaneous pinkish glow. Use this face pack twice in a month to get beautiful skin. (2)
2. Beetroot Face Pack With Yogurt And Lime Juice
What Will You Need?
- Beetroot Juice (2 tsp)
- Yogurt (1 tsp)
- Lime juice (1 tsp
- Fullers earth / Gram flour (2 tsp)
How To Prepare A Beetroot Face Pack With Yogurt And Lime Juice?
- Once you have squeezed the juice from the grated beetroots, collect it in a small bowl.
- Add two tablespoons of fuller’s earth / gram flour and add the yogurt, lime juice to the bowl of beetroot juice.
- Mix the contents into a smooth paste.
- Proceed to spread it evenly over the face and leave it on for 15 minutes.
- Rinse it off with lukewarm water.
- Pat your face dry. You will notice an immediate pink glow and radiant skin. Use this face pack 5-7 times to get that flawless skin you wanted. (3)
3. Beetroot Face Pack With Orange Peel
What Will You Need?
- 2 teaspoons of orange peel powder
- 1 teaspoon of beetroot juice
How To Make A Beetroot Face Pack With Orange Peel?
- Grate half a beetroot and put it in a small bowl.
- Squeeze the juice from the grated beetroot.
- Add the orange peel powder to the bowl.
- Mix it well until it forms a paste-like consistency.
- Spread it evenly over your face and gently massage it into the skin.
- Leave it on for about 10 to 20 minutes.
- Rinse it off with lukewarm or cold water.
- Pat your face dry and follow it up with a gentle moisturizer.
- Repeat these steps on alternate days to see the best results.
Zainab Iye, a beauty content creator, shared her experience of using a beetroot and milk face mask for her skin in her video. She said, “My skin looks amazing, and it feels so soft and smooth. My skin is looking radiant and glowing (i).”
Infographic: How To Make And Apply A DIY Beetroot Face Pack
Beetroot is a great addition to any skincare routine and can provide your skin with radiance, softness, and suppleness while improving its complexion. In fact, using beetroot as a face pack is simple. Check out the infographic below to learn how you can make and apply a beetroot face pack for glowing skin.
Beetroot offers an array of health benefits when consumed regularly. It can promote your overall health. You can also include it in your skin care regimen to get flawless skin. Using beetroot face packs is a great way to boost your skin health. It also adds a pinkish hue to your skin. Dark spots, blemishes, and open pores can be managed well with these face packs. Beetroot can be used on its own or mixed with yogurt, lime juice, or Fuller’s earth to make these face packs. Try using these face packs at least once or twice a week to reap their wonderful benefits.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can we apply the beetroot face pack daily?
Yes. You can apply a beetroot face pack daily on the face as it is rich in vitamins and other nutrients (1).
Does beetroot darken skin?
No. Beetroot contains vitamin C (ascorbic acid), which may help reduce skin pigmentation (1). Dr. Qazi says, “Beetroot does not increase melanin. Rather, it disrupts normal melanin formation in the body. Due to the presence of vitamins and polyphenol antioxidants, beetroot may be able to reduce some of the side effects of sun damage due to UV radiation, like hyperpigmentation or dark spots on the skin.”
Can we apply beetroot juice on the face overnight?
Yes. You may apply beetroot juice on the face overnight for glowing, tan-free skin. However, do a patch test to avoid allergic reactions.
How long does it take for beetroot juice to work?
Applying beetroot juice may help you achieve radiant skin in around two weeks. However, the results may vary from person to person.
Can beetroot remove blackheads?
According to Dr. Qazi, “Beetroot has natural anti-inflammatory properties and may help reduce swelling and redness caused by acne and blackheads. Removing small blackheads may be done at home with chemical exfoliants like salicylic acid or lower concentrations of glycolic acid. Larger or deeper blackheads should be removed professionally, often by chemical peels, microdermabrasion, or blackhead extraction.”
Which is better: carrot or beetroot?
Dr. Qazi says, “Beets and carrots are both high in vitamins. However, for face masks, neither is better nor worse for the skin. As with anything skin related, it depends on the individual’s skin care desires and current skin conditions.”
- Beetroot not only benefits your digestive system but also helps in nourishing and rejuvenating your skin as it is rich in antioxidants.
- Beetroot can be incorporated in face packs to get clear, bright skin as it has skin lightening properties.
- Simple beetroot face packs can be made by mixing beetroot juice with honey, lemon juice, or yogurt, according to your skin type.
Learn how to make 3 easy DIY recipes with beetroot to achieve glowing and super soft skin. These include a face scrub, gel, and pack – all made with natural ingredients. Watch this video and get ready for beautiful, glowing skin!
Personal Experience: Source
i. BEETROOT FACE MASK FOR FAIR AND SPOTLESS SKIN 😍 | Look 10 Years Younger And Get Pinkish Glow; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Puq7gL831Gg
Articles on StyleCraze are backed by verified information from peer-reviewed and academic research papers, reputed organizations, research institutions, and medical associations to ensure accuracy and relevance. Read our editorial policy to learn more.