While standing in a group, tall people usually become the centre of attraction, if you have ever noticed. What is it that taller people have that we don’t? Obviously without any argument, it is the height factor. Shorter people always get lost in the crowd. This can be quite depressing for many.
Height gain after some time is very difficult and is unlike weight gain. We often wonder that when it is possible for the body to expand or shrink, then why is it not possible to grow vertically? This is a very valid question and the answer is, it is possible to grow taller if we do the right things. We can make small changes to our body by doing some exercises like skipping rope. However, keep in mind that you will not become a Michael Jordan overnight, but you can break even by adding a couple of inches. The biggest question is will skipping increase height? And here we answer it!
But before that lets get some background on the factors that go into height gain.
What Are The Factors That Influence Height Growth?
Before we aim at how skipping increases height, we should educate ourselves on the factors that affect our height growth. There are actually plenty of them, but these are the main ones:
- Our hereditary aspects
- Lifestyle and the environment
- Other health conditions
- There are some positive factors that can increase our height growth:
- A healthy diet
- Proper exercise
- Good body posture
How Does Skipping Increase Height?
- Skipping is a heart pumping exercise. When you skip, you are alternating your legs by keeping it on and away from the ground. It is also a high speed activity. While skipping the entire muscles and ligaments in your body are stretching and contracting. This causes them to be elastic and eventually they stretch.
- When you are skipping your body is completely erect stretching the spine and the back muscles too. The constant bending of the knee while skipping causes the calf muscles to expand vertically.
- Skipping also adds to bone mass by making them longer. That is why skipping can help in gaining a few inches.
- Another effect of skipping is that it makes our entire body slimmer. When you have a slimmer body, you look taller.
How Much Skipping Should I Do Every Day?
If you have never skipped before, then start on a low key. 50 skips a day for the first couple of days is a good start up exercise. As you progress you can increase the number of skips to 75 and then 100. Once you are comfortable with the heart rate and think you can handle it, and then start skipping 300 times a day at least. Consistent skipping for about 3 to 6 months will start showing height increase in your body. However it is very important to keep your heart rate steady while skipping. The moment you feel out of breath, you should immediately stop the exercise. It is also very important to drink more water while skipping. You can get dehydrated very soon while skipping. Keep in mind not to drink water right after or through the process skipping. It is very dangerous.
What Should I Do To Skip?
First of all get a good rope that suits the length of your body, not all skipping ropes are same. The skipping rope should not be too long, you don’t want to trip and fall. It should not be too short because you will still trip and fall. The length of the rope should match your body length from head to toe. That is why try skipping a couple of times before you even buy the rope.
Invest in a rope that is made of soft material like foam or elastic rope, for example. While skipping, the rope will touch your body at times and it is easy to get hurt.
So safe skipping and happy growing!
Latest posts by Maanasi Radhakrishnan (see all)
- How To Remove Hair Color With Baking Soda? - July 20, 2017
- 33 Marvelous Benefits Of Jaggery For Skin And Health - August 31, 2015
- Is Prune Juice Effective For Weight Loss? - August 10, 2015
- 8 Amazing Health Benefits Of Semolina Flour - August 7, 2015
- 6 Best Vipassana Centers In Hyderabad - August 6, 2015