There are a number of old wives’ tales that seem too good to be true (and crazy, of course!). They don’t make any logical sense, but somehow they still work!
And this post is going to talk about something similar – trust me, people do swear by it!
So let me present to you the onion and sock tale! Wondering how it can even be beneficial to you? Then go ahead and read this post!
Were you aware of the fact that the bottom areas of your feet have direct access points to all the internal organs in your body? As per Chinese medicine terminology, these access points are known as meridians, and they form the pathways to each organ in the body.
There has been an age old controversy regarding the existence of meridians, but those who are well versed with the Chinese medicine know that the meridian system is very closely related to our body’s nervous system.
Experts say that there are about 7,000 meridians at the bottom of our feet that directly link to different organs! Can you believe that?
The image below clearly represents the meridians and their connection points with the organs and systems within the body.
These meridians act as powerful electric circuits within the body, but are often dormant as we mostly cover our feet with footwear. Stimulating these meridians is very important for our body to function healthily.
To stimulate the bottom of our feet and to ground ourselves with the earth’s negative ion field, it is always recommended to walk barefoot wherever and whenever you can!
One of the coolest ways to stimulate these meridians is to put an onion slice inside your socks (at the bottom of your feet) and wear them to bed.
Here’s How You Can Do It:
- Take an onion (red or white) and cut it into thin and flat slices (make sure it’s an organic onion to avoid any side effects of pesticides like fungal infections).
- Place the onion slice in your socks (under your foot, like a platform), and sleep as you usually do.
As you sleep, the healing properties of the onions will be absorbed by the feet, and this will help in stimulating the meridians.
Onions are considered a natural remedy for various illnesses, and are known for their magical healing power. They are also known as natural air purifiers, and when applied directly to the skin, they tend to remove the bacteria and kill the germs. The phosphoric acid (the substance that irritates our eyes while chopping onions) present in onions helps in purifying the blood as it enters the blood vessels.
You have nothing to lose by giving this onion and sock therapy a try! It comes with a number of benefits. They are:
- Blood purification.
- Removal of germs and bacteria.
- Elimination of toxins and chemicals from the feet and making them smell better (believe it or not, it works!)
- Alleviating symptoms of fever like cold and flu.
However, reusing the same onion slice is not at all recommended. So, be careful about that.
Who knew that something so simple and inexpensive can turn out to be so beneficial for our health?
What do you think? Is it something that you should try, or do you think it’s crazy? And if you tried this before, did it work for you? Share your experience with us in the comments box below! We would love to hear from you.
- Best Moisturizing Socks For Soft, Supple, And Beautiful Looking Feet
- 10 Best Humidifiers Of 2019 For A Healthier Home And Healthier You
- The 10 Best Diabetic Socks
- 10 Best Air Purifiers For Better Indoor Air Quality
Latest posts by Jyotsana Rao (see all)
- Should Women Shave Their Face? Here’s Why Some Beauty Experts Vote Yes - September 17, 2019
- 4 Amazing Beauty Benefits Of Tomatoes! It Treats Acne Too. - April 6, 2017
- It Empties Your Bowels And Makes You Lose A Lot Of Weight Too! - March 30, 2017
- Milk Wax – Never Heard Of This Before, But My Sister Is Using It Since Last Year And Now, Her Skin Is Just Like Milk - March 28, 2017
- She Begins Rubbing Turmeric Onto Her Cheeks. When She Rubs It Off, The Results Are Unbelievable! - March 21, 2017