New Year is over. Months ago. Is your New Year’s resolution to eat healthy on a rocky terrain now? Then, you’ve got to do more than just look away from the fried chicken your colleague just ordered. Or pluck the petals of a perfect red rose to know whether you should order an ice cream or not (which you would, ultimately!).
Get your inspiration back. Checkmate the unhealthy food cravings with these 20 healthy food quotes. Paste them on your fridge, kitchen cabinets, and workstation. These work like magic! Take a look.
Top 20 Healthy Food Quotes To Inspire You
1. “You are what you eat, so don’t be fast, cheap, easy, or fake.” – Unknown
It’s true – you are what you eat. Foods that contain unnatural ingredients are surprisingly quick to prepare and cheap. But you will pay a heavy price later. So, be mindful about the food choices you make now.
2. “If you keep good food in your fridge, you will eat good food.” – Errick McAdams
One of the best pieces of advice I’ve ever got! Kitchen makeover (includes your fridge and pantry) is essential if you want to eat healthily. No matter how much self-control you have, if you have unhealthy food stashed in your fridge or kitchen cabinets, you will end up eating it. So, toss out the unhealthy foods and re-stock with healthy foods.
3. “By choosing healthy over skinny you are choosing self-love over self-judgement.” – Steve Maraboli
Healthy doesn’t mean skinny. We all have different genes, different body types, and different shapes. Eat healthy, stay active, and take less stress. Skinny or not, you will be in better shape than when you were eating unhealthy and not working out.
4. “Your diet is a bank account. Good food choices are good investments.” – Bethenny Frankel
Think about it! Money is not the only type of investment. You invest in yourself as well. You learn new skills and also pay for your food. Why not pay for food that’s healthy and gives a return in terms of good health and a fit body and mind?
5. “Eat breakfast like a king, lunch like a prince, and dinner like a pauper.” – Adelle Davis
Never miss breakfast! Have a light lunch and a lighter dinner. Yes, just the opposite of what you’ve been doing!
6. “Healthy eating is a way of life, so it’s important to establish routines that are simple, realistically, and ultimately livable.” – Horace
I am sure you have heard of thousands of diets. Most people fail to continue being on “a diet” because that’s not their lifestyle. Choose a diet that goes best with your food habits, make it a habit and part of your lifestyle over a period instead of a stint for three days. If you are used to eating rice, nothing wrong with it. Make sure you practice portion control and consume a source of protein and lots of veggies with it.
7. “Let food be thy medicine, thy medicine shall be thy food.” – Hippocrates
Food is medicine. Fruits, veggies, whole grains, healthy fats, lean proteins, seeds, and nuts are loaded with vitamins, minerals, and other nutrients that have antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties. Consuming organic, whole foods will help you protect from various diseases.
8. “A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.” – Lao Tzu
Take that step now. You might be craving for unhealthy food and going back and forth deciding whether or not to have it. Don’t! Stop yourself now, and you will not feel the same kind of craving tomorrow.
9. “Take care of your body. It’s the only place you have to live.” – Jim Rohn
Isn’t that true? It’s not the four walls, but your body is where you live. So, keep it clean, keep it healthy. Choose foods that are good for you.
10. “The greatest wealth is Health.” – Unknown
Money cannot buy happiness or health. It sure can buy a little bit of time. But why settle for “a little bit” when you can LIVE a long and fulfilling life?
11. “If you can’t pronounce it, don’t eat it.” – Common Sense
As simple as that! Check the ingredients list at the back of packaged/canned/bottled foods. If you see more than five ingredients, and you take some time to pronounce them, keep it back on the rack.
12. “You don’t have to eat less, you just have to eat right.” – Unknown
Eating less is not going to make you healthy. It sure can make you skinny fat, which is not healthy either. Eat. But choose nutritious foods and practice portion control.
13. “An apple a day keeps the doctor away” – Proverb
Apples and other fruits have a lot of health benefits. Include at least two fruits in your diet. Your health will improve, and so will your nails, skin, and hair.
14. “Health is a relationship between you and your body.” – Terri Guillemets
The middleman is food. Depending on the type of food you consume, your health will either improve or deteriorate.
15. “The food you eat can be either the safest and most powerful form of medicine or the slowest form of poison.” – Ann Wigmore
Think fresh fruits, vegetables, nuts, seeds, healthy fats, and plant and animal lean proteins. Compare with frozen food, deep fried food, ready-to-eat foods, and fast foods. Which do you think will slowly poison you?
16. “A healthy outside starts from the inside.” – Robert Urich
If your skin and/or hair looks dull and lifeless, you must take a look at what you are consuming. Consume healthy, and you will look healthy.
17. “What you eat in private you wear in public.” – Unknown
What do you eat when no one’s looking? If you think no one will know, you are wrong. It will show on your body if you make it a habit of cheating every day. By the way, aren’t you cheating yourself?
18. “Moderation. Small helpings. Sample a little bit of everything. These are the secrets of happiness and good health.” – Julia Child
Eating healthy doesn’t mean you have to deprive yourself of the various, delicious food options. There’s no harm in tasting a little bit of everything. Once again, portion control is the key.
19. “Any food that requires enhancing by the use of chemical substances should in no way be considered a food.” – John H. Tobe
Artificial flavoring, taste enhancers, artificial sweeteners, and preservatives are essentially chemicals. If your food predominantly contains these, it can cause a lot of harm to your health. Switch to whole, organic foods.
20. “Success is the sum of small efforts—repeated day-in and day-out.” – Robert Collier
You are trying to build a new lifestyle and a healthier future. And it won’t happen in a day. You have to keep at it. Make it a habit, and you will see results.
There you go – 20 quotes that you can write or print and paste on sticky notes in places where you generally store food. Remember, Rome was not built in a day. It will take time to build a healthier and better YOU. Keep yourself inspired with these quotes, and you will certainly attain your health goals.