Eating healthy is a difficult task as it is not easy to say ‘no’ to junk food. So, maybe repeating some “healthy eating” quotes to yourself will help you resist junk food. New year’s resolutions have to be backed by a concrete plan too. But, sometimes, plans may not help you fight the urge to eat unhealthily.
With these 20 healthy food quotations, you can put an end to your unhealthy food desires. Place them on your refrigerator, kitchen cabinets, and desk. These are just amazing! Scroll down to check them out.
In This Article
Top 20 Healthy Food Quotes To Inspire You
1. “You are what you eat, so don’t be fast, cheap, easy, or fake.” – Unknown
It’s true – you are what you eat. Foods that contain unnatural ingredients are surprisingly quick to prepare and cheap. But you will pay a heavy price later. So, be mindful about the food choices you make now.
2. “If you keep good food in your fridge, you will eat good food.” – Errick McAdams
One of the best pieces of advice I’ve ever got! Kitchen makeover (includes your fridge and pantry) is essential if you want to eat healthily. No matter how much self-control you have, if you have unhealthy food stashed in your fridge or kitchen cabinets, you will end up eating it. So, toss out the unhealthy foods and re-stock with healthy foods.
3. “By choosing healthy over skinny you are choosing self-love over self-judgement.” – Steve Maraboli
Healthy doesn’t mean skinny. We all have different genes, different body types, and different shapes. Eat healthy, stay active, and take less stress. Skinny or not, you will be in better shape than when you were eating unhealthy and not working out.
4. “Your diet is a bank account. Good food choices are good investments.” – Bethenny Frankel
Think about it! Money is not the only type of investment. You invest in yourself as well. You learn new skills and also pay for your food. Why not pay for food that’s healthy and gives a return in terms of good health and a fit body and mind?
5. “Eat breakfast like a king, lunch like a prince, and dinner like a pauper.” – Adelle Davis
Never miss breakfast! Have a light lunch and a lighter dinner. Yes, just the opposite of what you’ve been doing!
6. “Healthy eating is a way of life, so it’s important to establish routines that are simple, realistically, and ultimately livable.” – Horace
I am sure you have heard of thousands of diets. Most people fail to continue being on “a diet” because that’s not their lifestyle. Choose a diet that goes best with your food habits, make it a habit and part of your lifestyle over a period instead of a stint for three days. If you are used to eating rice, nothing wrong with it. Make sure you practice portion control and consume a source of protein and lots of veggies with it.
7. “Let food be thy medicine, thy medicine shall be thy food.” – Hippocrates
Food is medicine. Fruits, veggies, whole grains, healthy fats, lean proteins, seeds, and nuts are loaded with vitamins, minerals, and other nutrients that have antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties. Consuming organic, whole foods will help you protect from various diseases.
8. “A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.” – Lao Tzu
Take that step now. You might be craving for unhealthy food and going back and forth deciding whether or not to have it. Don’t! Stop yourself now, and you will not feel the same kind of craving tomorrow.
9. “Take care of your body. It’s the only place you have to live.” – Jim Rohn
Isn’t that true? It’s not the four walls, but your body is where you live. So, keep it clean, keep it healthy. Choose foods that are good for you.
10. “The greatest wealth is Health.” – Unknown
Money cannot buy happiness or health. It sure can buy a little bit of time. But why settle for “a little bit” when you can LIVE a long and fulfilling life?
11. “If you can’t pronounce it, don’t eat it.” – Common Sense
As simple as that! Check the ingredients list at the back of packaged/canned/bottled foods. If you see more than five ingredients, and you take some time to pronounce them, keep it back on the rack.
12. “You don’t have to eat less, you just have to eat right.” – Unknown
Eating less is not going to make you healthy. It sure can make you skinny fat, which is not healthy either. Eat. But choose nutritious foods and practice portion control.
13. “An apple a day keeps the doctor away” – Proverb
Apples and other fruits have a lot of health benefits. Include at least two fruits in your diet. Your health will improve, and so will your nails, skin, and hair.
14. “Health is a relationship between you and your body.” – Terri Guillemets
The middleman is food. Depending on the type of food you consume, your health will either improve or deteriorate.
15. “The food you eat can be either the safest and most powerful form of medicine or the slowest form of poison.” – Ann Wigmore
Think fresh fruits, vegetables, nuts, seeds, healthy fats, and plant and animal lean proteins. Compare with frozen food, deep fried food, ready-to-eat foods, and fast foods. Which do you think will slowly poison you?
16. “A healthy outside starts from the inside.” – Robert Urich
If your skin and/or hair looks dull and lifeless, you must take a look at what you are consuming. Consume healthy, and you will look healthy.
17. “What you eat in private you wear in public.” – Unknown
What do you eat when no one’s looking? If you think no one will know, you are wrong. It will show on your body if you make it a habit of cheating every day. By the way, aren’t you cheating yourself?
18. “Moderation. Small helpings. Sample a little bit of everything. These are the secrets of happiness and good health.” – Julia Child
Eating healthy doesn’t mean you have to deprive yourself of the various, delicious food options. There’s no harm in tasting a little bit of everything. Once again, portion control is the key.
19. “Any food that requires enhancing by the use of chemical substances should in no way be considered a food.” – John H. Tobe
Artificial flavoring, taste enhancers, artificial sweeteners, and preservatives are essentially chemicals. If your food predominantly contains these, it can cause a lot of harm to your health. Switch to whole, organic foods.
20. “Success is the sum of small efforts—repeated day-in and day-out.” – Robert Collier
You are trying to build a new lifestyle and a healthier future. And it won’t happen in a day. You have to keep at it. Make it a habit, and you will see results.
Infographic: 7 Powerful Quotes To Inspire Healthy And Mindful Food Choices
Your body runs on energy and nutrients and the only source of these is the food you eat. Consuming too many calories without getting enough nutrients can adversely impact your physical and mental health. Therefore, it is necessary to make healthy food choices for overall health and well-being or mini goals such as weight loss and fitness. Check out the infographic for some of the most inspiring and frame-worthy quotes on healthy eating to help you get started on the journey to a healthier and happier you.
To enjoy a fit and healthy lifestyle, we need to follow good eating habits, a balanced diet, and a disciplined exercise routine. While this might seem easy, one may lose motivation when it comes to putting things into practice. It is also easy to slip up and cheat on your diet and goals. This is where healthy eating quotes can help. They can offer you the right dose of motivation and keep you going. There’s something for everyone here – so find those that resonate with you and get started on your healthy eating journey.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do you encourage someone to eat healthy?
Discuss the advantages of consuming healthy and a balanced diet and how it may improve their overall wellbeing. Do not be judgmental and talk to them with empathy. Also, help them to make healthy dietary choices.
How do you appreciate food?
Take more than a moment with every bite of the food, indulge in food traditions, and also take the time to smell and taste the food. You can also appreciate food by taking images.
What do you caption a food picture?
You may use captions like “Bliss on a plate,” “Food is my soulmate,” or take hints from our list of food quotes in the article.
What is healthy food?
Healthy foods provide the body with essential nutrition and help improve overall health. All food items that contain vitamins, minerals, and other nutrients are considered healthy.