Soul ties are an intense emotional and spiritual bond that two individuals feel. They are so emotionally intertwined that they cannot stand any separation and always want to be together. However, with people becoming more and more individualistic, finding a soul tie is hard these days. You must consider yourself very lucky if you could find yours. But how exactly do soul ties work? They are so magical that either of the partners knows well what the other partner likes and what they are interested in. To sum up, both partners are on the same page in many aspects.
This connection goes a long way in making your relationship free-flowing and healthy. In this article, we will look into some unexplored areas of soul ties, their types, how a soul tie differs from a soulmate, and 10 signs that point to an unhealthy soul tie. Keep reading to know them.
In This Article
What Is A Soul Tie?
A soul tie is a connection between souls formed through shared experiences, emotions, or actions. Soul ties create an energetic connection between people, places, or things that can affect them even if they are unaware of the tie. They are unique because they affect not only your soul and mind but also how you see the world.
But are soul ties real? Once you experience a soul tie, you know the connection is authentic, which is why they are also called ties of the heart or soul bonds. Soul ties can begin with any level of emotional intensity, ranging from feelings of lust and pain to anger and hatred. All that matters is whether you are actively involved in the energy that is feeding the tie.
Soul ties are not necessarily good or bad. If you are experiencing soul ties, that doesn’t mean you should run for the hills, or your life will be full of drama. There are various types of soul ties that affect people in different ways. Here are the kinds of soul ties you can have.
Types Of Soul Ties
- Bonding Soul Tie: This soul tie can begin with intense feelings of lust to pain, anger, or hatred. A bonding soul tie is typically between people who are meeting and can be broken by talking about the connection in detail to each other.
- Protective Soul Tie: This occurs when someone in an intense moment in their life is rescued by someone else. The bond is stronger than a bonding tie and may require more time to heal if broken.
- Binding Soul Tie: This soul bond happens when someone provides the other person energy to keep going with life and its troubles. These types of ties will not break or fade no matter how far apart they are from each other. The connections of a soulmate are thought to be binding soul ties.
- Permanent Soul Tie: Such ties occur when two souls merge, often without the agreement of each other. However, they are aware of it and do it on a more conscious level.
- Sexual Soul Ties: Sexual soul ties form when we become physically involved with someone. They create not only physical connections but also energetic ones that are difficult to forget. Soul ties after sex do not always happen, but sex makes a connection on all levels of your being. Your emotional, mental, and spiritual bodies get activated during sexual union.
It is often difficult to understand the difference between a soul tie and a soulmate. So, how to know if you have a soul tie with someone or they are your soulmate? Some key differences can help you identify one from the other.
Soul Tie Vs. Soulmate
A soulmate connection is based on mutuality. You both have to desire the soulmate connection for it to work. On the contrary, a soul tie is not based on mutuality. You don’t have to want the soul tie for it to happen, and you can even be unconscious of it happening.
A soulmate connection makes for a great, long-lasting relationship, but a soul tie can make for a very intense one. A healthy relationship might show good rapport and communion. With a soulmate, you have to work to keep the connection going. However, you don’t have to put in additional effort to make the relationship work with a soul tie.
Closeness, fusion, and affinity can be wonderful in a relationship, but it can get unhealthy in certain instances, such as in case of bondage. Here are a few instances of what a soul tie looks like when it has gone south.
Dangers Of A Soul Tie Connection
- Extreme Obsession: In severe cases, an imbalanced emotional bond results in disturbing pursuits such as stalking.
- Emotional Dependency: You feel emotionally dependent on that person. And often take on their feelings towards others, which may hinder your relationship with others. You end up relying on them too much for support and cannot function without them.
- Toxic Connections: Having an emotional bond with a damaging or oppressive individual can harm your psychological well-being.
- Behavioral Manipulation: Unhealthy emotional connections can intentionally manipulate you, causing feelings of inferiority or sorrow.
- Repressed True Feelings: You may not be able to share your true feelings with them because they may disagree with you.
- HIndered Personal Development: Instead of you growing, you want to take on their personality and do things they like which may incapacitate your individual progress.
A soul tie relationship can distort your perception of a healthy relationship and hinder your other connections. Here are a few signs that you are part of an unhealthy soul tie.
10 Signs Of An Unhealthy Soul Tie
- You are unable to break away from thinking about the person.
- You feel used when you are around them, even though it is not always apparent.
- You can’t be yourself or express your true feelings, even if they are your good friend.
- You have a desire to stay in the relationship, even if it doesn’t serve you.
- The connection brings up negative feelings between you and your partner, such as anger or jealousy.
- You find yourself thinking about them constantly and more focused on making things work out rather than realizing whether it is healthy for you.
- You begin to fantasize about the person or relationship, even if they are not someone you would be generally attracted to.
- You start losing yourself or feeling lost in the relationship. You may also start neglecting your friends or personal interests for this person.
- You are going against your values or desires when you are around them.
- You often feel like you are never enough for them.
An unhealthy soul tie indicates something is wrong from an energy standpoint and may lead to entanglement. The interdependence of two individuals in a relationship can create an interrelationship that may become toxic, leading to the formation of an unhealthy soul tie. The easiest way to fix this is through positive affirmations or discussing the experience with someone who can help. However, if your soul-tie partner brings up negative emotions, you may need to give a second thought and break all ties with them. It might be draining to have someone else’s needs and desires feeding into your own and creating an imbalance. Here are a few ideas on how you can break the tie and restore your soul.
How To Break Soul Ties
- Practice meditation to understand your emotions and what is happening inside you at mental, physical, spiritual, and emotional levels.
- Practice active detachment without reacting or responding to your emotions. When intense energy overwhelms you, let the feeling be there without saying “I am angry” or whatever you might be going through. Just let the emotion come up and go away like a wave.
- Become aware of what your partner is doing and how it is affecting you. Affirm that you will detach from them and practice not allowing yourself to feel their energy.
- Speak with an experienced spiritual counselor to help release any soul tie energies, especially someone trained in soul clearing and has experience with soul ties. This can help if you are struggling to release the energy on your own.
Ciku, a blogger, narrates how she had a strong soul tie with a friend whom she believed to be her soulmate. She believed that it was a friendship to last, but it had come to an end. She shares her experience of how she took certain steps to break the soul ties and move on in life. She adds, “I have gone as far as ceasing communication with the people I have had a soul tie with, I have prayed for them, accepted forgiveness from God, and forgave them and let go (i).”
If none of the tips mentioned above work, try to meditate on, “I now sever all ties with this person.” You should also work on being your own best friend and confidant. It can be easy to get into the habit of looking for love outside yourself, but that isn’t always healthy or sustainable. You are always available inside yourself, so it is essential to know how to access that source of love.
Infographic: How Soul Ties Affect Men Vs. Women
Soul ties affect each of us differently. Most men find it easier to get over a soul tie compared to women. But that might be the case as men have been conditioned not to be emotional.
Scroll down to read how a soul tie may affect men differently than women. Understanding how each person is affected can help you navigate your soul tie better.
Check out the infographic below now!
Soul ties are bonds that link two people who feel a strong interconnection deep in their souls. Different forms of soul ties can impact your life differently, ranging from positive to negative effects that can last a lifetime. Soul ties or bonds may be invisible to you, yet they are present. While it is always wonderful to connect with people you have positive ties with, you should be wary of toxic associations and identify and let go of them. It may be challenging to do so, but begin by understanding what causes them to manifest in your life and, with the appropriate actions, finally break free from those constraining forces.
Frequently Asked Questions
Do soul ties affect men?
Yes. Soul ties may affect men more than women because of certain gender-related aspects of a woman’s sexuality. If a man has had multiple sexual partners, he may develop an attachment to a specific individual because of the shared experiences. This attachment can come in various forms, such as physical attraction, emotional connection, or spiritual intimacy.
Can soul ties be one-sided?
Yes, soul ties can be one-sided without the other person doing anything at all.
What is a toxic soul tie?
A soul tie is a positive connection. However, it can also be toxic if you cannot express your true feelings, even if they are your very good friends. In addition, this type of connection may lead to jealousy or anger.
Are a soul tie and twin flame the same?
Though they seem similar, both these relationships are not the same. A twin flame can be a best friend or sibling, while soul ties begin with any level of emotional intensity between people, places, or things.
- A soul tie is an intense emotional and spiritual bond that two people feel in which they are always on the same page.
- Bonding, protective, binding, permanent, and sexual soul ties are the different types of soul ties.
- A soul tie is easier and more free-flowing than a soulmate bond, which requires effort to work.
- Sometimes, your soul tie may become unhealthy if you start feeling like you are not enough for your partner or lose yourself in the relationship.
Learn how to break soul ties and understand what they are in this informative video. Discover the power of prayer and how to use it to free yourself from unhealthy connections.
Personal Experience: Source
(i) Living in Him and For Him