I don’t think there’s a single woman in existence who has not imagined chopping off all her hair and getting a layered bob haircut at least once in her life. Bob cuts have been the quintessential hairstyle for the modern women since the 90s and continue to be experimented with even today. The latest twist that has been given to this classic look is the addition of layers. Depending on their length and positioning, layers highlight the natural texture of your hair. They can also be used to fulfill two very contrary needs – to increase the volume of your hair or decrease it. But, by far, the best part of having a layered bob is the ridiculously less amount of time it takes to style it. It’s low maintenance, it’s chic, and it’s the new hairstyle of your dreams!
But before we jump into all the wonderful ways that you can style it, let’s first look at what kind of layered bob will suit your face shape.
20 Lovely Styling Ideas For Layered Bob Hair
- Razor Cut Layered Bob And Bangs
- Electric Blue Stacked Bob
- Feathered Layers Bob
- Angled Layers Bob With Swooped Bangs
- Autumnal Texturized Layered Bob
- Ash Blonde Layered Bob
- Root Melt Layered Bob
- Granite Gray Layered Bob
- Shaggy Layered Long Bob
- Full Bodied Layered Bob
- Messy Angled Bob
- Pink Mermaid Layered Bob
- Smokey Layered Long Bob
- Dented Curls Layered Bob
- Layered Bob And Straight Cut Bangs
- Neon Peach Layered Bob
- Magenta Balayage Layered Bob
- Bright Peach Layered Bob
- Steel Blue Layered Bob
- Blonde Ombre Layered Bob
Layered Bobs For Different Face Shapes
- Round Face Shape: An A-line bob that has shorter layers at the back and longer layers in the front is the perfect style to make a round face look slimmer. You could even add some side swept bangs to achieve a more mature look.
- Triangle Face Shape: A long bob with dramatic layers can be a good way to strike a balance between the wide jawline and narrow forehead of this face shape. Some straight cut bangs and curly styling can also do wonders to accentuate a triangular face shape.
- Heart Face Shape: People with this face shape should consider getting a bob that ends just below the chin to highlight the pretty angles of their face. As for layers, you can ask the stylist to pile them on as they will look marvelous with your gorgeously pointed chin.
- Square Face Shape: Ladies with square shaped face are better off steering clear from sleek and angled bobs. Since you need to create softness in your hair look to offset the sharp angles of your face, ask your stylist to give you graduated layers cut with the help of a razored tool. This will work wonders to give you a softer vibe and add dimension to your hair.
- Oblong/Oval Face Shapes: Both these face shapes are characterized by the fact that they are longer than they are wide. The easiest way to style these face shapes is with a bob that ends right at the chin and has subtly cut layers right at the ends.
- Rectangle Face Shape: A mid-length bob with some feathered out layers is all you need to work with the sharply angular structure of your face.
Now that you have a fair idea about what kind of layered bob suits your particular face shape, let’s look at our rundown of the ways to style this haircut!
20 Marvelous Styling Ideas For Your Layered Bob Hair
1. Razor Cut Layered Bob And Bangs
Biker chic gets a whole new meaning with this super edgy layered bob style. The razor cut layers of this short bob add a ton of dimension to this style. The wispy bangs and the subtle dark edges on blonde hair only add to the chic factor of this look.
2. Electric Blue Stacked Bob
It’s great to play with textures when styling your layered bob. The tattered look of this stacked bob, for instance, gives some gorgeous movement to her hair. No doubt a razor was used to create this effect. The electric blue coloring adds a funky vibe to this hair look.
3. Feathered Layers Bob
Now, this is a style that will work perfectly for a lady who operates in a professional work environment. Feathered back layers on a mid length bob add a youthful vibe to this otherwise mature hair look. But it all lies in carefully styling it with a round brush and a blow dryer.
4. Angled Layers Bob With Swooped Bangs
Hoo boy! Now, here’s a bold hairstyle if there ever was one! The long tapered edges in the front and the short stacked layers at the back set up a great foundation for this killer hair look. This is elevated by the dramatic swooped bangs in the front that take this style to a whole new level of badassery.
5. Autumnal Texturized Layered Bob
The great thing about autumn inspired hair colors (like this ginger shade) is that you can sport them throughout the year. This dark ginger and peach highlighted long bob has been done up in shallow cut layers at the ends and styled in curls to create a flirty and feminine hair look.
6. Ash Blonde Layered Bob
Cool toned hair colors have a unique beauty of their own that you need to experience yourself. An ashy blonde shade with brown lowlights and honey blonde highlights looks stunning when cut in a short bob with subtle layers. Style this look in some soft curls to look elegant and put together.
7. Root Melt Layered Bob
Now, here’s a beautiful hair look that will make you look like a blonde bombshell! This mid length bob done up in shaggy layers looks great all by itself. But pair it with a warm light blonde shade with a rich brown root melt at the top and you have nothing less than a masterpiece on your hands (well, technically, your head).
8. Granite Gray Layered Bob
Gray hair is all the rage right now, so of course, it had to be paired with a layered bob. This gorgeous color palette of dark gray with ash blonde highlights looks super trendy when cut in a long bob with blunt layers. Now all you need is to style it in barrel curls to finish off the look.
9. Shaggy Layered Long Bob
Jet black hair is one of those classic colors that look simple while still adding an air of mystery to your look. A long layered bob parted on one side looks best with this stunning hair color. The shaggy layers of this look are perfect for people with thick hair who want to reduce some volume and add some movement to their hair.
10. Full Bodied Layered Bob
I can’t help but exclaim “mamma mia!” every time I see this breathtaking hair look. This full bodied long bob is a lesson in how to cut layers in your hair while still retaining all its gorgeous volume. The delicately lined light brown highlights and the blowdried waves work to add some stunning dimension to this hair look.
11. Messy Angled Bob
Messy and shaggy layers have been around for a while now and look mesmerizing when paired with a bob cut. An angled bob looks especially great in this situation. To really up the oomph factor of this look, style it in denim blue and blonde highlights, shaggy waves, and a messy half bun.
12. Pink Mermaid Layered Bob
I’m sure you’ll need a moment to collect yourself the way I did right after I saw this otherworldly hair creation for the first time. The dramatic layers of this short bob have been expertly hand-painted in shades of magenta, pale pink, and pastel green shades in an ombre style to create the perfect mermaid hair look. The pushed back curls add some stunning movement by drawing the eye sideways, painting a picture of a unicorn in mid flight motion.
13. Smokey Layered Long Bob
This is the perfect hair look for people who love to play on subtleties when it comes to their hair look. And that’s exactly what this bob style does by leaving the top half of her hair untouched and concentrating layers only at the ends. A dark smokey purple has been used to create an ombre and finish off this look.
14. Dented Curls Layered Bob
A great way to add a touch of brightness to your dark hair is by daintily highlighting it with a golden brown shade. This minimal color job works brilliantly with a layered long bob to create a hair look that is the epitome of sophistication and class. Style this look in some big dented curls to add some softness to it.
15. Layered Bob And Straight Cut Bangs
It’s tough to style your hair in a way that’s equal parts cute and sexy. But this layered bob style does it perfectly. While the subtly flicked out layers add a bit of edginess to her style, the straight cut bangs create the perfect girl-next-door look. The peachy brown shade adds a touch of color without making it the center of attention.
16. Neon Peach Layered Bob
The term ‘neon pastel’ may sound like an oxymoron but this color palette has taken the world by storm in the past few years. Paired with rounded layered bob, this color creates the perfect hair look for someone who is dying to escape their comfort zone. The long wispy bangs top off this marvelous style perfectly.
17. Magenta Balayage Layered Bob
If a dramatic hair makeover is what your heart desires, then that’s exactly what you’ll get when you go for this magenta hair look. This bright pink balayage is accentuated with the help of the graduated layers of this long bob cut. All you need now is to style it in beachy waves to finish off this hair look that’s perfect for the summer.
18. Bright Peach Layered Bob
Now, here’s a bright hair look that looks like it is straight out of an early 2000s anime! The shaggy layers of this peach toned bob add tons of texture and volume to her hair. And the subtle pink highlights make the bright peach stand out and look even brighter in contrast.
19. Steel Blue Layered Bob
Queen Elsa and the White Witch of Narnia would probably eat their hearts out if they ever saw you sporting this masterpiece of a hair look. This super texturized stacked bob colored in a silvery steel blue shade is the perfect look that you can go for during the winter months.
20. Blonde Ombre Layered Bob
A well done blonde ombre never fails to create a hair look that tells the world that you’ve got your whole life together. Pair it with a long bob cut in long layers and you’ll end up with a chic hair look that’s practically tailor-made for the modern woman. Just use a curling wand to create some pretty curls to finish off the look.
And that’s that! Our rundown of the top ways to style your layered bob! Don’t forget to comment below to let us know which styles you absolutely fell in love with!
Latest posts by Arshiya Syeda (see all)
- 25 Signs That Your Relationship Is Over - August 9, 2019
- 25 Ways To Forget Your Ex - August 2, 2019
- SkinKraft Personalised Beauty Care – Review - June 14, 2018
- 15 Best At-Home Laser Hair Removal Products – 2019 - March 26, 2018
- How To Air Dry Hair – Best Ways To Air Dry Hair Of All Types - March 23, 2018