5 Amazing Face Packs For Dry Skin During Summers
Simple DIY recipes to keep your skin from feeling parched when the temperature soars.
If there is one thing that will do justice to your hot-weather skin care routine, it is the face packs for dry skin in summer. Even though the heat usually brings sweat and is not that harsh on dry skin — like the winters — it can still cause issues to sensitive skin and develop cracks and fine lines.
Dryness combined with UV sun rays and dirt and pollutants in the air can lead to flaky skin, making your face look dull and irritable. Sunscreens work as protection, but some prior prep before stepping out will ensure your skin maintains its glow throughout.
Face packs with high hydrating properties and moisture content can be a good option to have a calming and soothing effect on your skin in the summer and eliminate all the redness. Scroll down to find some amazing homemade face packs for your dry skin in summer!
In This Article
Homemade Face Packs For Dry Skin In Summer
The mantra to keep you fresh and glowing is to diligently apply sunscreen and take the help of some homemade packs. Here are few face packs for you to try out this summer.
1. Papaya Face Pack
Papaya is rich in vitamins A and C (antioxidants), which may help maintain overall skin health. The antioxidant properties of papaya also prevent premature aging signs like wrinkles (1), (2), (3). The best part is that it is a single ingredient mask which is very effective. So, no more excuses.
How To Make Papaya Face Pack?
- Mash a few pieces of papaya to form a smooth paste.
- Apply the paste on your face evenly. Take big pieces of cotton and place over the pack to prevent the paste from dripping.
- Relax for 15 minutes. Wash off with plain water.
- Mix mashed 1/4 cup freshly mashed raw papaya and 1 teaspoon fresh, raw pineapple juice for a mask that reduces pore size.
- For an exfoliating mask – Blend papaya with warmed honey and oatmeal, leave on 10 -15 mins.
- To lighten skin – Mash papaya and mix with honey, yogurt, andlemon juice.
2. Yogurt Face Pack
Yogurt retains the moisture in the skin and revives dull skin (4). It also acts as natural bleach. Honey moisturizes and softens skin naturally (5).
Things Needed For Yogurt Face Pack:
How To Prepare Yogurt Face Pack?
- Mix 2 teaspoons of yogurt with 1 teaspoon of honey.
- Apply it to your face and allow it to dry completely.
- Wash off with normal water.
- Mix 2 very ripe strawberries, 1 tsp raw honey and 1 rsp yogurt for a skin brightening mask.
- Mix 1 tsp yogurt, 1 tsp olive oiland ¼ avocado for a moisturizing and hydrating mask.
3. Sandalwood Face Pack
Sandalwood and rose water have anti-inflammatory properties (6),(7). This is an age old Indian face pack and both the items are easily available. This is the best face pack for dry skin in summer.
Things Needed For Sandalwood Face Pack
- Sandalwood powder
- Rose water
How To Make Sandalwood Face Pack?
- Mix 3 teaspoons of sandalwood powder with some rose water.
- Apply the paste evenly on your face.
- Wash off after 15 minutes.
- Reducing Acne/Blackheads – Mix 2 tsps each of turmeric powder and sandalwood powder with warm water .Make a paste and apply on the blackhead prone areas and let it dry. Rinse off.
4. Oats And Cucumber Face Mask
Oats soothe and heal dry skin (8). Cucumber is a natural toner with cooling/soothing properties (9).
Things Needed For Oats And Cucumber Face Mask
- Cucumber juice
How To Make Oats And Cucumber Face Mask?
- Mix 3 teaspoons of oats, 1 teaspoon of cucumber juice and 1 teaspoon of yogurt together.
- Apply the paste to your face and allow it to drycompletely.
- Wash off with normal water.
- Blend yogurt and cucumber. Add honey and oats to make a thick paste. Apply and rinse off with warm water in 20 minutes. This is good for black spots and puffiness.
5. Almonds And Rose Water Face Mask
This royal face pack works wonders for dry skin. Almonds have natural vitamin E oil that may prevent dryness (10),(11).
Things Needed For Almond And Rose Water Face Mask
- Rose water
How To Prepare Almonds And Rose Water Face Mask?
- Soak 10 almonds overnight and grind them into a smooth paste.
- Add some rose water to this.
- Apply it on your face.
- Wash off with normal water.
- For a fresh and glowing complexion use this mask. Mix together 2 teaspoons of rose water, 2 tablespoons of honey, 2 tablespoons of almond oil and 3 drops of Vitamin E oil. Apply and leave it on for 20 minutes. Rinse off with warm water and pat dry
Dry skin leads to dehydration and a damaged skin barrier. This leaves your skin vulnerable to pollution and UV rays during summers, leading to skin irritation and premature skin aging. Making your own face packs for dry skin in summer with natural ingredients can hydrate and repair your skin. You can always opt for simple ingredients such as papaya, yogurt, or cucumber which remove dead cells and retain the moisture in your skin. You can also opt for a traditional sandalwood face mask which may cool the skin during the sweltering summers. All you need to do is apply the face mask of your choice for 20 minutes and see the results over time.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is Multani mitti good for dry skin in summer?
Yes, you can use Multani mitti to manage dry skin in summers. Multani mitti absorbs dirt and may soothe dry skin.
How can I moisturize my face in summer?
You can make homemade face packs with ingredients to hydrate the skin. Additionally, apply a moisturizer, use a night cream, and drink plenty of water to keep your skin hydrated.
Is turmeric good for dry skin?
Yes. Turmeric may help moisturize the skin and prevent flakiness (12). You can mix it with yogurt or honey to give you nourished and radiant skin.
Is besan good for skin in summer?
Yes. Besan may help remove dirt and toxins and manage dryness. You can mix it with milk and apply the mixture to your skin to cleanse it without drying.
- UV rays and pollutants can cause dry and dull skin during summer.
- The vitamins A and C present in papayas can help slow down signs of aging.
- You can use yogurt to hydrate and revive dull skin.
- Using an almond and rosewater face pack can help prevent dry skin.
Articles on StyleCraze are backed by verified information from peer-reviewed and academic research papers, reputed organizations, research institutions, and medical associations to ensure accuracy and relevance. Read our editorial policy to learn more.
- Papayas raw
- Bioactive Compounds for Skin Health: A Review
- Benefits of Papaya Fruit and its leaves to Treat Malaria or Dengue and Various Other Uses for Human Health Meesha Deshpande (Guide)
- Clinical efficacy of facial masks containing yoghurt and Opuntia humifusa Raf. (F-YOP)
- Medicinal and cosmetic uses of Bee’s Honey – A review
- Re-discovering Sandalwood: Beyond Beauty and Fragrance
- Assessment of Rose Water and Evaluation of Antioxidant and Anti-inflammatory Properties of a Rose Water Based Cream Formulation
- Oatmeal in dermatology: A brief review
- Phytochemical and therapeutic potential of cucumber
- Almonds (Prunus Dulcis Mill. D. A. Webb): A Source of Nutrients and Health-Promoting Compounds
- Combination of Amniotic Membrane Stem Cell Metabolite Product (AMSC-MP) and Vitamin E for Photoaging
- Turmeric, the Golden Spice