Marijuana tea benefits are many and it is used as a complementary medicine to treat several medical conditions. Rich in various minerals, vitamins, and antioxidants, marijuana tea can be the perfect addition to your diet. In this article, we take a deeper look at the benefits of marijuana tea and how to make it at home. Scroll down to keep reading.
In This Article
Making Marijuana(Cannabis) Tea At Home
Making marijuana tea at home is pretty simple.
- 1 gram of cannabis
- 1 liter of water
- Sieve or tea strainer
- Pan that has a lid
- Liquid or powder coffee creamer
How to Prepare Marijuana Tea Step By Step:
- To make the tea, the first thing you need to do is bring the water to a boil.
- Then, add marijuana directly to the water.
- Let it simmer for about 15 minutes. You will have to remove the marijuana leaves with the sieve.
- If you are using a strainer, just remove that.
- Now you can pour the tea into a sterilized and sealed container.
- To make sure the active compounds of the marijuana stay in the solution, add a spoon of the creamer.
- The tea’s potency will also remain constant during the storage period.
You can store marijuana tea for up to 5 days by refrigerating it. Depending on your preference, you can drink it cold or reheat it before you do. This tea has a taste that is a little peculiar, and you might take some time to get used to it. However, the good news is that you can improve the taste by adding honey, sugar, mint, etc.
Here is another recipe that you can use to make marijuana tea at home.
- 4 cups of water
- 1 cup of marijuana leaves
- 2 tea bags
- Milk/Rice milk/Soy milk
How to Prepare Marijuana Tea Step By Step:
- All you need to do is boil the water and add the leaves.
- Let it simmer for 15 minutes or so.
- Add the 2 teabags as well as the honey and milk.
- Let the mixture boil for another 5 to 10 minutes.
- While adding the milk, make sure that you pour it in slowly to prevent it from curdling.
- You can also heat up the milk a little so that it is warm as you pour it in.
There are many things that you can do to your homemade marijuana tea. Some add mint-flavored teabags while others like a little alcohol and sugar in it to give it a kick. You can also use 10% cream as an alternative to whole milk. You can even add unsalted butter to the water while it boils so that you have delicious butter-flavored marijuana tea.
Experimenting with marijuana tea is fun, and you could end up with a delicious version that is all your own!
Benefits Of Marijuana Tea
Marijuana tea has medicinal properties that give you quite a few benefits. These benefits include:
1. Decreases Chronic Pain:
Cannabinoids, the active component present in cannabis may help decrease pain (1). Those who suffer from multiple sclerosis, cancer, AIDS, etc. drink this tea to relieve pain. Apart from relieving physical pain, it also relieves the mental anxiety that accompanies continual body pain.
2. Lowers Nausea:
One of the side-effects of medication and treatment of diseases, including chemotherapy, is nausea. Animal studies suggest that cannabinoids, components present in cannabis, may provide relief from this problem (2). Drinking it in the form of tea is a much healthier option than smoking it. It also helps in boosting appetite.
3. May Help In Autoimmune Disease Treatment:
According to experts, marijuana tea may help in the treatment of diseases such as irritable bowel syndrome, multiple sclerosis, rheumatoid arthritis, etc (3). However, more research needs to be conducted to find out if cannabis or its tea can be used to treat these autoimmune diseases.
4. Lowers Anxiety:
As mentioned earlier, anxiety comes with chronic pain. Patients of cancer, AIDS, etc. experience mental anxiety when they are receiving treatment. The active component, cannabinoids, may play a role in reducing anxiety and also provide feelings of well-being for such patients (4).
Eva De Angelis, a dietitian nutritionist, says, “Medicinal marijuana tea can sometimes help with the symptoms of chronic illnesses and has a neuroprotective effect on our brains. Marijuana may slow or even prevent the buildup of beta-amyloid protein, which is linked to neurodegenerative diseases like dementia and Alzheimer’s disease. Moreover, marijuana tea may aid in mood stabilization and the reduction of emotional symptoms common in people suffering from depression and anxiety.”
She adds, “One of marijuana’s potential benefits is that it may be an effective sleep aid for people who have chronic diseases. Yet, there is insufficient evidence to recommend marijuana tea as a treatment for sleep apnea.”
How to Use Marijuana Tea?
In countries like Jamaica and India, marijuana tea is commonly used for a number of different reasons. Let us take a brief look at some of the uses of this tea in different cultures:
- In India, marijuana tea is known as Bhang and is a drink used mainly in ceremonies. In older times, a common tradition was to serve the best Bhang to guests.
- It is used as an offering to the deities as well.
- It is used as a way to enforce the spirit to keep diseases away.
- In Jamaica, marijuana tea is used to strengthen the body and make it less susceptible to health problems.
- It is used as a natural treatment for fever and cold.
- It is used as a remedy for stress (5)
- It is also used to relieve morning sickness during pregnancy.
Marijuana tea is a healthier alternative to smoked cannabis. It also provides a therapeutic experience that is different from smoking. The active ingredients of the plant are absorbed through the digestive tract. It is due to this that the start of the tea’s action is delayed, and the effects last much longer. The tea takes effect 30 to 90 minutes after it is ingested, and the effects can last 4 to 8 hours.
Eva De Angelis, a dietitian nutritionist, says, “While smoking marijuana can be harmful to the lung tissue and increase the risk of bronchitis and coughing, marijuana tea may be beneficial.”
Infographic: Top Benefits Of Marijuana Tea
Marijuana tea is a cannabis-infused drink. It is rich in a wide variety of vitamins and minerals. In addition, the presence of active components and plant compounds in cannabis may offer several health benefits. Click on the infographic below to learn about the top benefits of marijuana tea.
The benefits of marijuana tea go beyond its delicious taste. It is replete with beneficial nutrients, vitamins, and minerals that promote overall health. The health benefits of marijuana tea are attributed to its high cannabinoid content. It may help relieve chronic pain and anxiety. Marijuana tea can help boost appetite and provide relief from nausea too. It may also help soothe autoimmune disorders such as IBS and arthritis. However, excess intake can cause problems. If you experience any adverse effects, limit its use and seek medical advice.
Also, tell us how this post has helped you! Comment in the box below!
Articles on StyleCraze are backed by verified information from peer-reviewed and academic research papers, reputed organizations, research institutions, and medical associations to ensure accuracy and relevance. Read our editorial policy to learn more.
- Cannabinoids and Pain: New Insights From Old Molecules
- Regulation of nausea and vomiting by cannabinoids
- Cannabis and Autoimmunity: Possible Mechanisms of Action
- Cannabidiol in Anxiety and Sleep: A Large Case Series
- Social media surveillance for perceived therapeutic effects of cannabidiol (CBD) products