We have heard this repeatedly over the years – opposites attract. But does that mean that they are meant to be happy together? Well, if you are into astrology, we have got the answers for you! If you are wondering if Taurus and Scorpio are compatible, you are on the right page.
When the scorpion and bull meet for the first time, sparks fly. Scorpios are highly intrigued because they have met their match – the bull can meet their intense stare without backing down. On the other hand, Taurus is intensely attracted to the water sign’s sensual appeal. But after the initial attraction dies down, what remains is two infamously stubborn fixed sun signs who may be too rigid and different to make a love relationship last. However, despite their differences, they are quite similar when it comes to loyalty and honesty, and if determined, can be part of a very happy relationship.
In this article, we have covered details about Taurus and Scorpio compatibility and the pros and cons of their relationship. Keep reading!
In This Article
About The Signs
- Taureans are controlled by Venus, the planet of beauty and love. They are known to be patient and grounded, and these traits are evident in their relationships.
- The zodiac sign of Taurus is the bull, which is logical since determination (or more accurately, commitment) is their dominant trait. The bull is also a symbol of patience and strength.
- This fixed sign is calm, steady, and patient. They prefer waiting for things to blossom naturally.
- As a sign of the earth, Taureans are stable and hardworking. They love to stick to a schedule. They are materialistic since they desire to live in a comfortable, preferably luxurious way.
Personality Characteristics Of Taurus
- Patient and understanding
- Stubborn, determined, and committed
- Possessive, particularly of materialistic things
- Generous, nurturing, and kind
- Easy-going type and don’t like being forced out of their comfort zone
- Scared of change.
Male Taurus Personality
- Strong, yet soft-natured
- Loyal and expects loyalty in return
- Displays his emotions when he feels he can trust the person
- Sexually not adventurous and prefers to be a routine person
- Will stick to familiar things and people
Female Taurus Personality
- Values the finest items in the world
- Accepts only slow, naturally developing relationships
- More at ease with the Venus ruling than the typical Taurus man
- Would like to be adventurous in the bedroom
- Scorpios are controlled by Pluto (ruler of energy psychic) and Mars (ruler in self-expression). The Scorpio symbol is depicted as a scorpion that symbolizes intimacy and power.
- This fixed sign is incredibly stable and determined. They are characterized by having a “my way or the highway” attitude towards things.
- As a water sign, they will be attuned to their feelings. They will only talk to someone if they are confident.
Personality Characteristics Of Scorpio
- Emotional and passionate, even if they try to hide it at times
- Hates not being in control
- Affirmative and determined
- Most likely to be jealous
- Obsessive and holds grudges
- No stranger to mood changes
Male Scorpio Personality
- Strong, passionate, and energetic
- Can tell right away if someone is playing games with him
- Can be difficult to read at times
- Prefers long-term relationships over casual flings
Female Scorpio Personality
- Emotional but hides it
- Possessive and demanding
- Confident and flirty, but will hide her true feelings
If you are wondering how a marriage between the two would turn out, scroll down to the next section.
Are Taurus And Scorpio Compatible In Marriage?
Taurus and Scorpio are on the opposite sides in the zodiac chart but perfect for each other in theory. The Taurus and Scorpio marriage is often highly successful because of the intense attraction and honest personalities these people have. They may not have too many things in common, but their marriages work well in most cases. They just need to find a common ground.
Once these signs commit to each other, they are true to their word. They seldom cheat, separate, break up, or divorce. They both yearn for deep-rooted, serious relationships. Their marriage blossoms when they realize that their partner is there for the long haul and won’t create conflict.
They also make excellent parents and provide a stable, loving, and supportive home life.
Let’s delve into the dynamics when these zodiacs are in love.
How Compatible Are Taurus And Scorpio In Love?
These are two fundamentally different sun signs, but they feel an innate sense of attraction from the very first sight. Scorpio seeks a sense of security in their relationships and Taurus provides that. The bull is deeply loyal and committed to his or her lover. In fact, Taureans cannot stand disloyalty of any kind in a relationship. They love mystery, and the Scorpio’s personality attracts them like a moth to a flame.
Both sexual and sensual, these two signs form an exciting and erotic relationship. Taurus men and women can be flirty but quickly settle in a relationship once they feel happy and committed. They do well when partnered with patient and nurturing sun signs like Scorpio.
Scorpios love challenges, so they are intensely drawn to the bull’s determined, headstrong energy. On the other hand, Taurus soothes Scorpio’s possessive and obsessive behaviors. In return, Scorpio controls and combats the bull’s need to own and possess.
Taurus Man And Scorpio Woman Compatibility
A Taurus man and Scorpio woman have a stable and dynamic connection. While he is attracted to her seductive and sensual nature, she finds his steadfast personality and gentle nature irresistible. The Taurus man’s demands for loyalty perfectly complement the Scorpio woman’s affectionate and doting nature.
The Taurus man adds humor, laughter, and sparkle to the Scorpio woman’s eyes. On the other hand, the Scorpio woman displays intense passion that brings out the Taurus’ romantic side. They are extremely devoted to each other and explore all shades of emotions with each other.
Scorpio Man And Taurus Woman Compatibility
When the sensual Taurus woman meets the magnetic Scorpio man, sparks are bound to fly. While she might initially resist his advances due to his unpredictable nature, his seductive charm will eventually win her over.
The jealous and suspicious nature of Scorpio vanishes in the wake of the loyalty and devotion presented by Taurus, while the stubbornness of the Taurus melts away in the passionate love shown by Scorpio. The deep love they feel for each other leaves no scope for any differences between them, making it a beautiful union between two loving hearts.
Does this also hold for a platonic relationship between the two zodiac signs? Head to the next section to know more about how they fare in the friendship spectrum.
Taurus and Scorpio: Friendship Compatibility
When it comes to friendship, there is often an emotional bond between these two signs. Both the sun signs are determined, obstinate, possessive, and driven, which can either be a very good thing, or a very, very bad thing. They often share the same outlook on life and have the desire to run after the things they want. Both Taurus and Scorpio look for stability in life. They can form a solid friendship as long as they are willing to compromise and discuss their problems.
However, they have some differences in their character traits, which could cause issues. Bluntly put, they are both insolent. They are set in their ways and often fail to compromise. They are convinced that they are always right and loathe the idea of adjusting or changing. This can result in frequent conflicts.
Read on to know how the relationship shapes up when Taurus and Scorpio are moon signs.
Taurus Moon And Scorpio Moon Compatibility
Both the signs are inflexible and obstinate, and cannot be easily convinced once they have made up their mind. Reason and logic don’t seem to work on either of them! When the two signs lock horns, it’s simply a matter of who wears down whom first!
However, it is generally the Taurus who is the more practical of the two. They aim for a loving, stable home. They are creatures of comfort and seek peaceful relationships. They also have a much simpler emotional spectrum than Scorpios and are easily contented.
On the other hand, Scorpio’s feelings run true and deep. They love intensely but hate even more tremendously. They are capable of extreme animosity and hostility if they are hurt or betrayed. They are private people and often hide their feelings to protect themselves.
That being said, there is a strong, almost magnetic attraction between the two signs, and they can be extremely close. Read on to know how they are placed on the intimacy scale.
Taurus And Scorpio: Sexual And Intimacy Compatibility
To put it bluntly, Taurus and Scorpio make for a powerful force in bed. Their sexual compatibility is insane. Their sexual alliance can be explosive as the two sun signs are opposite each other on the zodiac chart. In fact, Scorpio is the best sexual partner for a Taurus. A Scorpio’s pure and raw magnetic aura will pull the Taurus in, and then – fireworks!
Taurus people are ruled by pleasure, and intimacy comes naturally to them. A Scorpio successfully uses his or her intuitive skills to tap into their bull’s libido, drawing out his or her passions. However, both have a desire to dominate, and this can cause issues.
Can the sweet, light-hearted Taurus really get along with the deep, intense Scorpio? The answer seems to be a big yes! Here are the pros of a Taurus and Scorpio relationship.
Pros Of Taurus-Scorpio Relationship
- Both Taurus and Scorpio have many commonalities. They both are mysterious, independent, and secretive. This may help them have a better understanding of each other’s needs.
- Both have slow and steady natures. This helps them build a deep bond. They also have a respectful level of trust between them.
- Both the signs are cautious. They think carefully before getting involved in emotional investments. However, their bond is forever once they make a commitment.
- They both love spending time outdoors, doing things like trekking, hiking, and camping. Taureans like to go for adventurous themes, while Scorpios generally opt for mysterious and scary stuff. Both love Sci-Fi.
Every relationship has downsides. Sadly, these two aren’t immune. Here are the challenges that Taurus and Scorpio face in a relationship.
Cons Of Taurus-Scorpio Relationship
- Both signs have a fixed nature, which often results in continuous conflict and strains the relationship.
- Both are extremely obstinate. This could cause emotional distancing between the duo since none of them will budge during their fights.
- When in a relationship, Taurus demands transparency while Scorpio wants to remain shrouded. This often causes conflicts.
- No one is as jealous in a relationship as these two. They are extremely possessive as a couple.
In A Nutshell
Taurus and Scorpio sense each other as a missing piece of their life. When they meet, they often feel that they have been searching for the other one their entire life. They love each other’s company, and with time, their bond only gets deeper. If they are open and talk their issues out, there are high chances that this union will result in a happy ending.
- Are Gemini And Scorpio Compatible?
- Are Aries And Scorpio Signs Compatible?
- Are Taurus And Capricorn Signs Compatible?
- Are Leo And Scorpio Compatible?