Playing football can give one a great feeling. It even gets better when you know you are safe during the play. But not taking enough precautions during the game can leave you injured. The most common (and serious) form of football injury is a concussion. A football helmet is often recommended to prevent one.
A football helmet protects you from serious injuries. The helmets come with various technologies. Here, we have compiled a list of the six best football helmets that will help you perform well while keeping your head safe from any injury. Take a look!
Table Of Contents
6 Best Football Helmets
The Rid dell NFL Full Size Replica Speed Helmet is great for all NFL fans. The helmet is designed to replicate the exterior appearanceof the helmets worn on the field. The helmet’s shell is constructed from ABS painted plastic. It has a polyvinyl-coated face mask and molded jaw pads. The helmet has a four part chin straps. It includes the official team colors and decals. However, this helmet is not meant for competitive play.
- Weight – 3 pounds
- Size – 12 x 14 x 11 inches
- Safety Rating – Not meant for competitive play
- Helmet shell constructed from ABS painted plastic
- Includes molded jaw pads
- Contains four-part chin straps
- Comes in various official colors and decals
- Not for competitive play
The Schutt Vengeance Adult Football Helmet uses single layer TPU to cut down on its weight. This increases the impact absorption from all types of hits. The helmet has a comfortable sure-fit airliner and a TPU outer skin that offers a soft, pillow-like feel. While all the colors of this helmet include a black face mask, the white and matte white helmets include an unattached white face mask. The helmet also contains four hard cup chinstraps.
- Weight – 4 pounds
- Size – 12 x 12 x 12 inches
- Safety Rating – 5 stars
- Increases impact absorption from all types of hits
- Includes comfortable airliner
- TPU outer skin gives a soft, pillow-like feel
- Comes with four hard cup chinstraps
The Schutt YTH Recruit Hybrid Football Helmet features a powerful combination of TPU cushioning and patented D30 technology. This makes the helmet an advanced impact absorption system. The helmet’s TPU cushioning protects the front and crown of the head. The D30 technology protects the back and the sides. The helmet has a non-inflatable comfort liner that provides support and performance. It also has a soft and comfortable front pad that offers the ideal fit. The helmet includes a carbon steel face mask and a soft cup chin strap.
- Weight –3 pounds
- Size – 13 x 11 x 13 inches
- Safety Rating – 2 stars
- Features advanced impact absorption system
- TPU cushioning protects front and crown
- D30 technology protects back and sides
- Non-inflatable comfort liner provides support and performance
The Rawlings Momentum Plus Youth Football Helmet provides youth athletes with a shell design that is similar to their favorite pro players. The helmet is coupled with the Rawlings heat exchange technology. It also comes with a customizable fit liner. The helmet has a rear inflation port that helps it adjust to any head size.
- Weight – 8 pounds
- Size – Not mentioned
- Safety Rating – Not mentioned
- Similar shell design to pro players
- Includes customizable fit liner for added comfort
- Rear inflation port helps adjust to any head size
The Schutt Sports Youth AiR Standard V Football Helmet includes an expanded polypropylene foam padding. This lightweight engineered foam provides excellent impact absorption. It also makes the helmet durable. It has a liner system that combines the comfort of EVA foam and the breathability of air channels. The helmet also includes vinyl-covered jaw pads that provide premium protection. The helmet comes with a soft cup chin strap.
- Weight – 6 pounds
- Size – 12 x 8 x 6 inches
- Safety Rating – 5 stars
- Lightweight engineered foam for better impact absorption
- Has the comfort of EVA foam
- Features breathable air channels
- Vinyl-covered jaw pads provide premium protection
- Easy to fit
The Riddell NCAA Revolution Speed Pro Line Helmet has an aggressive and distinctive shell design. It is often used by many premier athletes for its speed. The helmet uses a special order face mask that offers ultimate protection. The helmet’s internal padding is a replica of the classic speed design. It also has a four-point chinstrap.
- Weight – 3 pounds
- Size – 12 x 14 x 11 inches
- Safety Rating – 1 stars
- Aggressive and distinctive shell design
- Special order face mask for extra protection
These are the best football helmets available online. The following section will tell you what you need to look for in a football helmet before making a purchase.
How To Choose The Safest Football Helmet – A Buying Guide
- Fit – A football helmet that fits your head perfectly will be the safest to use. A helmet that is too loose or too tight may not provide the needed protection on the field.
- Weight – A lightweight helmet could be ideal as it won’t feel heavy on your head or restrict your movement while playing.
- Durability – Though lightweight, a football helmet must be durable. It must be strong enough to absorb any impact and offer you unmatched protection.
- TPU Cushioning – A TPU Cushioning system will make your helmet virtually indestructible. It also will work as an anti-bacterial and anti-fungal cushion.
- Helmet Stabilization System – A helmet stabilizing system greatly improves the helmet fit – whether it is over your head or around your jawline. This offers more comfort and stability to your game play.
- Airliner –An airliner further helps the helmet fit perfectly. More importantly, it makes the helmet safer to use.
- Facemask –Helmet facemasks provide safety to your face.
Safety is of the utmost importance. Football is a fun sport, but it could carry its own risks. A concussion can inflict serious damage to your head. Having the right football helmet handy can prevent any unforeseen events. Pick your favorite helmet from the list. We are sure it will make your game a lot more fun and safe.
Expert’s Answers for Readers Questions
What are the various types of football helmets?
Football helmets are primarily available in two types:
Youth helmet – These helmets are made of relatively lighter materials such that they can be carried around easily by youngsters.
Adult helmet – These helmets are made from sturdier materials. They also could be lightweight. But they are more durable than youth helmets.
How to clean football helmets?
Constant use of helmets can soil them with sweat and dirt. Hence, regular cleaning is important. Cleaning these helmets with a soft fabric can help. A soft fabric also ensures the helmet is not stripped off its coating.
- 10 Best Football Visors For Men And Women + Buying Guide
- 8 Best Golf Winter Gloves
- The 10 Best Golf Rain Gloves
- Best Football Tattoo Designs – Our Top 10
Latest posts by Sucharita Mishra (see all)
- High Porosity Hair: Characteristics And Tips To Care - January 14, 2021
- How Often Should You Cut Your Hair? - January 13, 2021
- What Does Chlorine Do To Your Hair? - January 8, 2021
- Pumpkin Seed Oil For Hair: Can It Increase Hair Growth? - January 8, 2021
- Female Pattern Baldness: Causes, Treatment, And Prevention - January 4, 2021