Talking to someone you like is intimidating. You may have a thousand things that you want to say to them, but when the moment comes, you just cannot remember a thing!
Do not stress, though, as this is quite common. To makes things easy for you, we have compiled a list of the things to talk about with a girl you like. These conversation cues are a perfect way to establish a greater connection with the woman you admire!
In This Article
50 Interesting Things To Talk About With A Girl
If you don’t know what to say to a girl you like, here are 50 topics to get you started!
- Hobbies: Discussing how you spend your free time and the skills you both love to develop is a great way to understand each other. Also, in case you do share a common hobby, you will always have a running conversation on it!
- Favorite Childhood Memories: This is something that will bring a smile to both of your faces as you are engulfed in nostalgia. Besides, it adds a layer of meaning to your conversation and makes it memorable.
- Life Goals: An important way to connect with her is to know her plans for the future and what she expects of it. From this, you also learn what she is passionate about and her priorities.
- Places You Both Have Traveled: Bonding over a love for travel will have you sharing several stories. Through this, you both let each other know about adventures, friends, and things you dislike and appreciate about the world.
- Music: From your most loved songs to ones that you absolutely cannot stand, share with her all and ask her about her list. This also leads the way to further conversations in the form of sharing playlists.
- Vacation Bucket List: Every person has dream destinations that they would love to visit. Ask her about hers and what she would love to do on these vacations.
- People You Admire: Discussing the people that inspire you both is a simple way of knowing the qualities she admires in people and hopes to inculcate in herself.
- Your Week: This is a straightforward topic that unravels on its own as you both share details about your days. Make sure to give her all the scoop, from office drama to the secret hiking spot you came across.
- Movies You Have Just Seen: Here’s another topic where you never really run out of things to speak about. Sharing reviews about movies lets you see the world from each other’s perspectives.
- Current Affairs: There is no end to all that happens around, so ask her about news stories that intrigue her and share your thoughts as well. A lot of it can pave the way to healthy debates.
- Something You Are Passionate About: Share what you love and ask about her passions as well – whether it is video games or photography. People love to talk about things they are passionate about.
- Food: Be it a new dish you saw on the internet or just discussing cuisines you love – conversations around food are always acceptable. Plus, you get to know where to plan a date!
- A Running Social Media Trend: Whether you hate them or love them, trends can be quite entertaining. You can discuss clever ads that brands have put up or show each other some of the funniest social media challenges you have seen.
- A Challenge You Overcame: Opening up about yourself will make her feel more comfortable with you. In sharing stories about your struggles, you may also find a similar strength in each other.
- Ask About Her Family: Ask if she has siblings, which parent she adores more, what it is like at home, and how close she is to her family. These questions help you know more about how she bonds with people.
- A City Attraction: You can share a fun anecdote, urban legend, or even your own experience about visiting a tourist attraction in your city.
- A New Restaurant: You can discuss new places that have opened up in your city. If you both love the concept of a certain new restaurant in town, you could always make plans to visit it together!
- Art That You Admire: Art has a deep connection with emotions, so ask her about works that speak to her.
- Your Favorite Book: Discussing books is a lot like movies: you can discuss plots, analyze characters, and even exchange the ones you love!
- Ask Her What School Was Like For Her: Subjects liked and disliked, how you both studied, and all the stories within – school years are filled with good humor and fond memories.
- What Her Favorite Scent Is: This one gives you another peek into the world from her perspective.
- Fitness Fads: If you are big on health and nutrition, bring it up with her and get talking about what motivates you!
- Philosophy: This is one of the best things to talk about with a girl, as each person has their own perspective on life that can be enlightening. Philosophy also breaks the barrier of small talk, making conversations feel deeper.
- Animals: If you adore animals, ask her about them so that you know where she stands on this topic. If she is not into animals or pets, ask her what her spirit animal is or what animal she identifies with. It could give you her view on animals and how she understands them.
- Documentaries: Unlike movies, these are rooted in real life and may have a stronger effect on people. A discussion on the ones you admire will be great and interesting!
- Work: From horrible bosses and projects you loved working on to entertaining office events, let her know all about them and ask her about hers.
- Celebrity Gossip: Tabloids are filled with drama that can be exciting to discuss sometimes. Let loose on this one.
- Her Most Embarrassing Memory: Say what you will about awkward moments, but they make for really funny stories! You also get an idea about how she learns to cope with embarrassment.
- The Worst Pick Up Lines She’s Heard: If you have some, run them by her as well! Together, you can mock cheesy lines in shared laughter.
- What She Does To Comfort Herself: This topic can make you both share things that upset you and the cure to them! It can range from eating comfort food, music, meditation, or anything else. Moreover, in case you see her feeling down, you’ll know how to cheer her up!
- Pet Peeves: Knowing what irks her is a must! Share your pet peeves as well. It would also be a heads up about what to be more mindful about in the future.
- One Thing That People Always Incorrectly Assume About Her: You get to understand how others perceive her, along with something personal about her!
- Would-You-Rathers: Here’s a fun game that can go on forever! Give her some fun would-you-rathers and get to know her better.
- What Her Dream House Would Look Like: Discuss furniture, design concepts, and just about anything that relates to both your visions of dream homes!
- A Fact That Scares Or Fascinates You: It can be something mind-blowing or an overlooked realization that you found down a Reddit rabbit hole. Share them with her and ask her the same.
- A Superpower She Would Love To Have: This is an easy one that gives endless options and leads to funny banter.
- Your Definitions Of Fulfilment: Fulfillment is a deep topic to talk about with a girl, as it can transcend materialistic needs and focus more on emotional well-being.
- What Self-Care Means To Her: Know what helps her unwind after a hard day. You might even want to try a few of her hacks or share some of your own.
- Celestial Events That Excite You: Super moons, eclipses, or meteor showers – in case you share a common love for them, you could plan to watch the next one together.
- Guilty Pleasures: Funny and embarrassing, guilty pleasures are a light way to get to know someone on a more personal level.
- A Time Period You Would Love To Visit: If you are a history buff, this one is for you! It is sure to lead to funny debates and interesting discoveries.
- An Adventure Sport That You Want To Try: Asking about adventure sports and activities is an easy way to gauge her thirst for thrills.
- Advice Or Quote That Impacted You: This would make for another deep topic to talk about with a girl. It is something that can make you both feel more connected.
- Her Views On Religion: Religion may influence one’s upbringing, so it is important to know each other’s views. This topic is a little controversial, though, so remember to tread with caution.
- Games You Used To Play As Children: Filled with nostalgia, this topic might even have you both playing one of them!
- Collectibles: These may include paintings, stamps, wine, teas, or even scented candles. Ask if she has such a collection and get to know more about it!
- Dating History: This one is applicable only if you know each other well. Knowing more about this will help you understand her stance on dating and the opinions she has developed from her past.
- Concerts Or Plays: Saw an artist you adore? Or interested in watching a play? Bring this up with her – she may have stories of her own to share or might be interested in attending one with you.
- Her Go-To Person: They say a person can be defined by those they surround themselves with. So getting to know more about her closest companion will also give you an understanding of who she is and what she values.
- The Most Bizarre Thing That Has Happened To Her: A fun conversation cue that opens doors to larger conversations. Be it a supernatural experience or a hilarious coincidence, share your stories with her.
Things To Talk About With A Girl Over Text
Conversations over text can be more abrupt and harder to decipher, leading to more stress on how to navigate them. Here are a few ideas to keep the conversation going in a fun way:
- Memes: The internet world’s favorite pastime, memes are now called a love language! Share one that you feel she might love. If you aren’t sure about her sense of humor, send a few different types of memes to gauge her reactions.
- Interesting Articles: Found something that piques your interest? Share it with her and ask what she thinks. This lets you know if you appreciate the same things.
- Songs That You Listen To: Did you just find a song that you are in love with? Send her a link! In case you both have similar tastes in music, you can start a collaborative playlist. This way, you both can share songs with each other.
- Daily Routine: Ask her about her day and let her know about yours. Enquire what a regular day is like for her – from this, you will also know the best time to text her.
- A TV Show/Movie You Want To Watch: You can suggest her or even send her the link to a trailer. Then, in case she is also interested in it, you could propose watching it together through an online watch party session!
- Inside Jokes: If you have inside jokes, be sure to text her about anything related to them. This way, you will let her know that you are listening when she speaks and appreciate your connection.
- Share Something Interesting About Your Day: Saw a funny ad or an outrageous email? Share a picture with her! Little things like this can keep the conversation fun when talking to a girl on text.
- Pop Culture: There will always be a new release or something beautiful in the making. Be it an iconic music video, a cast announcement, or even relevant stickers – share all with her!
- Holiday Destinations: Discussing dream holiday destinations on text is so much more fun as you can share references and related articles. The next time you find a beautiful destination when scrolling through your social media feed, share it with her!
- Cartoons/Movies You Watched As Kids: Nothing says nostalgia like the things you watched in your childhood! Some are gems that you will always cherish and have precious memories associated with. If you both are quite caught up in this wave of nostalgia, suggest a rewatch marathon of some of your absolute favorites.
When texting, remember to not take yourself too seriously and match the energy of your texter. Most importantly, be your authentic self!
There are endless things to talk about with a girl you like. While the above-listed ideas are some of the most fun and engaging ones, try to add in your personal touch with topics that intrigue you. Be sure not to force the conversation or try to hurry it up – let it take its own pace. A true connection can develop in the blink of an eye or may blossom over time; do not worry and let things take their course!
- 121 Questions To Ask Your Girlfriend That Will Help You Connect Better
- How To Show A Girl You Love Her
- Top 20 Rules To Regulate A Strong Relationship
- 21 Signs A Shy Girl Likes You