There is a saying – ‘Well begun is half done.’ That’s true for your baby’s skin too. From the time babies are born, if you take proper care of their skin, it’s as good as giving them a lifelong gift of great skin. Want to know about some great tips to make your baby’s skin glow? Read on.
How To Make Your Baby’s Skin Glow – Our Top 10 Tips
- Go For A Hot Oil Massage
- Try A Homemade Mild Body Pack
- Use Optimal Water Temperature For Bathing
- Don’t Use Soap
- Try Fruits
- Use A Mild Moisturizer
- Ensure That Your Baby Is Hydrated
- Opt For A Mild Sunbath
- Try A Body Scrub
- Get Baby Wipes
1. Go For A Hot Oil Massage
Hot oil massages with olive oil or almond oil are excellent for your baby’s skin. Warm the oil slightly and rub it into your munchkin’s skin gently. These oils are known to deeply moisturize, protect, and enhance your baby’s skin.
Coconut oil too is a great option to try as a massaging oil. It dramatically improves the skin tone of your baby and makes it glow.
2. Try A Homemade Mild Body Pack
Body masks are perfect for improving your baby’s skin health and protecting it from infections. One such ideal body pack for babies is sandalwood, turmeric, and saffron paste.
Apply the paste to your child’s skin and leave it on for 10 minutes. Then, gently wipe it off with a moist cotton cloth.
This body pack brightens your baby’s skin tone and removes dirt effectively.
3. Use Water At Optimal Temperature For Bathing
The temperature of the water you use to bathe your baby plays a crucial role in the condition of your his/her skin. Make sure that the water is not too cold or hot. Maintain a comfortable, warm temperature that wouldn’t cause discomfort to the baby. Extreme temperatures can cause dryness and dullness and can damage the texture of your baby’s delicate skin.
4. Don’t Use Soap
Never use commercially available soap on your little one’s skin. They are harsh and can dry it out.
Instead, opt for natural skin cleansers like gram flour, which enhance the skin texture. Soaps are harsh and full of chemicals that make your baby’s skin dry and dull.
5. Try Fruits
Nothing like feeding your baby fresh fruits (consult your doctor first). Fruits are full of nutrients and fiber, and help cleanse your baby’s body from within. This helps in the overall improvement of his/her skin.
6. Use A Mild Moisturizer
Using a moisturizer is essential. It locks the moisture into your baby’s skin and prevents it from drying out.
Choose a moisturizer that is gentle on the skin and designed to use on babies. It is recommended to apply moisturizer on your baby every 4 hours for best results.
7. Ensure Your Baby Is Hydrated
Drinking water helps to flush out toxins, and so is the case with your baby. However, check with your doctor for what the right amount is for him/her.
8. Opt For A Mild Sunbath
Sunlight is a source of life energy. Letting your child soak in the early morning sun is great for his/her skin. Your baby will get a good dose of vitamin D, which will enrich his/her skin and protect it from infections and disease.
9. Try A Body Scrub
Gentle body scrubbing works wonderfully. Doing this at least once a week can help facilitate healthy and smooth skin. Make a fine paste of chickpea and rose water and scrub your baby’s skin gently.
This helps in enhancing blood circulation and also removes tiny hair strands from your baby’s body. Your baby will look squeaky clean after the scrubbing and his/her skin will glow.
10. Get Baby Wipes
Babies tend to play with everything, whether it is their food or dirt. Cleansing their skin is something that you need to do often, and using soft and natural baby wipes is a good idea.
Also, baby wipes come handy during travel and help keep your baby’s skin clean and rash-free. Baby wipes that are rich in glycerin are a good option.
The tips mentioned above are quite simple, aren’t they? If you follow them diligently, they will give you amazing results and your baby’s skin will start to glow. Now, let’s take a look at some precautions to keep in mind while taking care of your little one’s skin.
Precautions To Keep In Mind
- Always, always handle your munchkin’s skin gently. Do not rub too quickly or scrub too hard.
- Do not leave his/her skin wet. Dry it up using a clean, soft towel.
- Never use products meant for adults on your baby’s skin.
- Always conduct a patch test of any scrub or pack that you wish to use on your little one’s skin.
- Keep in mind the weather conditions and adjust your baby’s skin care regimen accordingly.
- Dress your baby in clean, comfortable, and breathable clothing to avoid skin irritations.
Good skin is a reflection of one’s health. Do your baby a favor and follow the tips mentioned above to make sure he/she has great skin now and forever.
Expert’s Answers For Readers’ Questions
When do I begin to start a skincare regime for my baby?
Take the advice of your doctor and do accordingly.
Is it better to use natural homemade products or market-bought ones for my baby’s skin?
Whatever is convenient for you and whatever works well for your baby’s skin is the better option. The advantage of using homemade products is that you know what goes into them.
- 6 Best Ways To Use Olive Oil For Your Baby
- Top 10 Baby Sunscreens For Kids In India
- How To Protect Your Fair Skin From Sun Damage?
Latest posts by Ramya Achanta (see all)
- How To Grow Thick Hair – 10 Easy Tips - April 5, 2018
- How To Balance The pH Level Of Your Hair For A Healthy Look? - February 28, 2018
- What Is The Difference Between Dandruff And Dry Scalp? - February 28, 2018
- The Amazing Benefits Of Coconut Oil For Hair - February 28, 2018
- 7 Best Patanjali Hair Oils – 2019 - February 19, 2018