Did you miss your salon appointment for hair removal? Wanted to wax before a date, and the salon was closed? These scenarios are common. The good news is you do not have to depend on salons for such emergencies when you have at-home wax strips. These are easy to use and do not take much time. Though they are more painful than razors, wax strips give you long-lasting results. At-home waxing is not a nightmare at all if you follow the right technique. In this article, we have compiled a list of the 10 best wax strips you can use at home and tips to use them properly. Take a look.
Table Of Contents
Top 10 Wax Strips For Easy Waxing At Home
This is a salon-quality, easy-to-use wax strip. It can be used on your back, shoulder, arms, legs, armpits, stomach, and for Brazilian waxing. The kit contains 24 body wax strips, out of which 12 are double-sided and four post-wax calming oil wipes. The wax on the strip is formulated with beeswax and is suitable for all skin types.
- Dermatologically tested
- Suitable for all skin types
- May need multiple strips for coarse hair.
This is a set of wax strips and wax sticks. These are not pre-waxed and suitable for at-home cold waxing. The wax sticks are made of good quality wood that does not hurt your skin. The wax strips are made of non-woven, thick, and durable material and are suitable for sensitive skin. The strips can remove coarse and stubborn hair easily. You can also cut the strips and use them. The set includes 100 small wax strips, 100 large wax strips, and 200 wax applicator sticks in two sizes for convenient use.
- Multiple size options
- Non-woven durable strips
Suitable for full body waxing
- Do not stick well to the wax.
This waxing kit contains 40 pieces of wax strips, 20 of them double-sided, and four colored and fragrant strips. It also includes six finish wipes. The ingredients of the wax strips include beeswax, glycerin, olive, and jojoba oils. They are incredibly gentle on your skin and are meant for areas like the armpits, arms, bikini line, and legs. The strips contain natural ingredients and are also suitable for sensitive skin.
- No animal testing
The Vassoul Hair Removal Strips can be used for waxing the entire body. It is made of 100% natural ingredients like jojoba oil and beeswax essence and is suitable for all skin types. It contains 40 pieces of extra-large wax strips that can be cut as per your requirements. Out of the 40 wax strips, 20 are double-sided, and the kit comes along with three fresh wipes for wiping the residue and calming your skin post waxing.
- 100% natural ingredients
- Extra-large strips
- Easy to use
- Gentle on the skin
These wax strips can be warmed up easily by rubbing them between your hands, and they claim to remove hair in 3 seconds. The pack has 40 double-sided cold wax strips that can be cut and adjusted as per your convenience. Each wax strip is made of beeswax, jojoba oil, rosin, vitamin E, and mineral oil and claims to keep the skin moisturized. It can be used on the armpits, legs, and body. It is gentle and suitable for all skin types.
- Dermatologically tested
The Reejoys Hair Removal Pack contains 60 large cold wax strips that can be cut to match the body area. Out of 60, 30 are double-sided strips, and the pack comes with six finishing wipes. These wax strips work for the body, legs, arms, and underarm hair removal. They contain beeswax essence and jojoba oil and is gentle on sensitive body parts.
- Double-sided strips
- Natural formula
- Low-quality wipes
- The wax may not stick to fine hairs.
These wax strips are designed especially for facial and bikini hair removal. You do not need to warm them up by rubbing – peel and use them directly. They claim to remove short hair in a mess-free manner and promise results that will last for eight weeks. The pack includes post-wax wipes to clean and soothe the waxed area.
- Dermatologist tested
- Easy to use
- No need to warm up by rubbing
- Leaves residue.
The Veet Wax Strips are developed with Gelwax Technology that removes 95% of the body hair at first application without damaging the skin. They are enriched with shea butter and have acai berry fragrance. They claim to give you results that will last for two days. They are suitable for sensitive skin and can be used on the arms, legs, bikini area, and underarms. The pack contains 40 wax strips and four post-wax wipes.
- Quick hair removal
- Pleasant fragrance
- Dermatologically tested
- Messy application
These salon-quality waxing strips give you smooth arms and legs in just a few minutes. They are made of all-natural ingredients like beeswax, vegetable oils, resin, and plant extracts. The kit contains 40 double-sided strips that can be used multiple times. It comes with photo-instructions and an aftercare oil to prevent irritation and ingrown hair. These strips can be used on the legs and body and are suitable for quick touch-ups.
- Includes image-instructions
- Includes aftercare oil
- Ethically sourced natural ingredients
- Cruelty-free (Leaping Bunny certified)
- Sustainable packaging
These high-quality waxing strips come in a pack of 200. They are not pre-waxed, non-woven, and tear-free. These professional-grade wax strips come in two sizes – 100 small and 100 large – and can be used on the entire body, including the face and any other sensitive area.
Waxing at home is easy when you follow the right procedure. You also need to take care of your skin post-waxing. Below, we have shared information on how to use wax strips properly and what you can do to care for your skin post waxing.
Everything You Need To Know About Using Wax Strips
How To Wax Properly Using A Waxing Strip
1. Prepare Your Skin Before Waxing
Before using wax strips on your body, always exfoliate with a scrubber. This removes the dead skin cells. Otherwise, they might block the hair follicles, resulting in ingrown hair. Also, do not apply lotion or cream before using a wax strip. You can apply powder or cornstarch to remove the excess oil.
Avoid waxing if you have used skin care products with retinol, accutane, differin, or other topical medication because they make the skin very sensitive.
2. Read The Instructions
Each waxing strip comes with instructions from the manufacturer. Read them carefully – following the instructions properly will ensure less irritation and pain.
3. Work On A Small Area
Always work on one area at a time. Some parts of the body are more sensitive than the others. For instance, the skin on the underarms is more sensitive than that on your hands. Start from the outside and wax your way to the sensitive areas.
Apply the strip gently and remove it as per the instructions. Remove the strip in one go, quickly. If peeled slowly, it will not remove the hair properly and might be painful.
If you are using cold wax (not the pre-waxed strips):
- Spread the wax with a spatula in the direction of hair growth.
- Cover the area with a wax strip or cloth and press lightly for sticking.
- Pull the strip in the opposite direction.
- Always warm the wax strip. Rub it between the palms before using it.
- Never cut a pre-waxed strip. You will get strips of different sizes for different body parts.
- Check for ingredients like vitamin E, chamomile, aloe vera, honey, and oils like sweet almond, argan, and jojoba oils.
- Exfoliate 24 hours before waxing, not immediately before waxing.
- You can use one strip multiple times until it no longer sticks to the skin. Reuse the strip for stray hair.
Waxing At Home: Aftercare Tips
- Apply a post-depilatory lotion to remove wax residue, soothe the skin, and prevent ingrown hair and red bumps.
- Use a cold compress to calm the skin post-waxing. This controls irritation, inflammation, and redness to a great extent.
- Apply cooling ingredients like aloe vera gel or tea tree oil. It soothes the freshly waxed skin.
- Wear comfortable and loose clothing to avoid friction and irritation.
- Exfoliate 2-3 days post waxing and always follow up with a moisturizer to keep your skin healthy.
- Avoid touching and scratching freshly waxed skin.
- Avoid using skin care products right after waxing. Do not use thick moisturizers, sprays, lotions, deodorants, body washes, petroleum jelly, and soaps immediately after waxing.
- Avoid picking ingrown hair. Leave it for 48 hours and then exfoliate the area and apply antiseptic cream.
- Avoid immediate sun exposure – wait for at least 4 hours after waxing, else it might cause sunburns.
- Avoid swimming in the pool or beach right after waxing. It can sensitize your skin and cause red bumps.
- Avoid using any chemical peel after waxing (especially your face) as this can sensitize the skin further. Wait for at least 72 hours.
Waxing strips are convenient when you do not have time for a salon visit. These strips are affordable, easy to store and use. If you follow the instructions and a proper aftercare routine, waxing strips are the best way to get smooth and healthy skin. Go grab your favorite product from the above list, and try it today.
Expert’s Answers for Readers Questions
Can I shave missed hair after waxing?
Do not shave right after waxing. This sensitizes the skin and may cause irritation.
Will hair grow back thicker after waxing?
No. Instead, after continuous waxing, the hair often grows back finer and lighter.
Yes, as waxing removes the entire hair from the roots.
- Top 15 Hair Waxing Kits For 2020
- 10 Best Home Facial Waxing Kits for Hair Removal – 2020
- 5 Best Veet Products You Need to Try Out in 2020
- Best Hair Removal Sprays – Our Top 10 Picks for 2020
- Veet Instant Waxing Kit Review
Latest posts by Ramona Sinha (see all)
- The Japanese Skin Care Routine: A Step-By-Step Guide - April 17, 2021
- Reasons Your Skin Gets Itchy At Night: Remedies And Prevention - April 15, 2021
- 16 Best Face Serums For Anti-Aging And Glowing Skin 2021 - April 12, 2021
- Transitioning To Natural Hair: 10 Easy Tips - April 11, 2021
- Hair Weaves: Everything You Need To Know - April 7, 2021