Losing weight is a long process. Having a nutritious diet rich in fresh vegetables, fruits, whole grains, and protein is of the utmost importance when trying to lose weight. Working out regularly is also very important and should include a balance of strength training and cardio. Although marketed for quick weight loss, waist belts will NOT help you lose weight – burning more calories than you eat is needed to lose body fat.
A vibrating belt wraps around your waist and stimulates your abdominals with electrical contractions. But it does just that – stimulate your abs. It will not melt fat or burn calories. Eating right and exercising to burn more calories than you eat are key for weight loss.
In This Article
How Do Tummy Vibrating Belts Work?
These are the electronic belts that work on the theory of Electric Muscle Stimulation (EMS). They jiggle your belly for 10 – 15 minutes to stimulate the muscles of the stomach. Some manufacturers also claim that these belts reduce the volume of your tummy to restrict your food intake considerably. This gradually leads to weight loss. Tummy vibrating belts also produce heat that makes you sweat and lose excess body water, but not excess body fat
How To Use A Tummy Vibrating Belt For Weight Loss?
You can wear vibrating belts on any desired area, be it your belly, thighs, or hips. They offer speeds of up to 5500 rotations in a minute. Some tummy vibrating belts have timer adjustments as well. You can set the timer for the desired period of vibration. The belt will automatically switch off after the set time.
Given below are the steps you need to follow while using a tummy vibration belt:
- This belt is worn directly on the skin. So remove the clothes from your stomach or before you wear it.
- You can tie the belt to your waist, with its soft side in contact with your skin. Bring both of its sides to the front of the belly button. Then use Velcro to secure it tightly over that area.
- Switch on the power button and adjust the vibration speed according to your suitability.
- You can carry on with your workout routine at the same time.
- Keep your tummy belt on for 15-20 minutes, and then remove it.
Types Of Tummy Vibrating Belts
Before you choose to buy the belts, it is better to know about the various types of belts available in the market. There are different types of belts with unique and special features. They are:
1. Slimming Belts With Speed Variation: You can adjust the speed limit in this type of belts.
2. Exercising Slimming Belts: They are used while exercising to increase your perspiration, which just increases water loss.
3. Supporting Vibrating Belts: They support the back to help you brace your core.
4. Slimming Belts With Sauna Action: They work by increasing the temperature around the area where they are tied.
How Tummy Vibrating Belts Aid Weight Loss?
Tummy vibrating belts do not aid weight loss. They only offer electrical stimulation to your abdominals. Losing weight requires burning more calories than you consume. If you want to target fat around your abdomen, avoid fried foods, white carbs, and added sugars, walk daily, and lift challenging weights at least 3-4 times a week.
Following are the ways how tummy vibrating belts aid weight loss:
1. Augmenting Blood Circulation
Vibrating belts with heating pads are excellent for this. By inducing body heat, they increase your body temperature and blood flow to the abdomen. That can help digestion and reduce lower back pain
2. Controlling Your Hunger
Belts place pressure on your abdomen and cause it to squeeze in, which can reduce hunger. That can lead you to consuming fewer calories.
3. Leading To Muscle Contraction
These vibrating belts with controlled speeds and vibration send small impulses to your stomach muscles. These currents excite the nerves and help to contract the muscles.
Cautions To Be Taken While Wearing Tummy Vibrating Belts:
You need to be mindful of a few things while using tummy vibrating belts. They are listed below:
- Individuals with pacemakers should avoid wearing these belts. This gadget passes electric currents that may intercept the signals of
- These belts may cause an itching or tingling sensationon the skin. They may be caused by the electrical impulses of the belt. These sensations stop when you switch off the power.
- Avoid close contact with water and make sure your hands aren’t wetwhile operating these belts. Water may cause an electric shock or even severe burn injuries.
- To avoid dehydration, drink lots of water after using sauna vibrating belts as they may lead to excessive loss of body water.
- Check the warranty details and return policies of the seller of your belt. This will keep you on the safe side if you feel dissatisfied with the product.
Always consult your physician before you use any tummy vibrating belts; especially if you have serious heart diseases or blood pressure problems. These belts work by passing electric impulses, and hence individuals who have such health problems should exercise caution.
Vibrating belts can bring stimulation to your abdominal muscles and physically contract your waist in, but they are not a magic tool for weight loss. Improving your nutrition and increasing exercise to burn more calories than you eat is the real key to losing weight.
Frequently Asked Questions
How long should I use the Vibro shape belt?
Use the Vibro shape belt for 10-15 minutes a day. It will allow your muscles to contract 30-50 times per second.
Can whole body vibration be harmful?
No. Several whole body vibration machines are considered safe. However, they can be harmful in some situations. Hence, check with your doctor before using them.
How many calories does a vibration plate burn in 10 minutes?
You may burn up to 190 calories on a vibration plate in 10 minutes.
Who should not use vibration plates?
People with heart disease or those with a pacemaker, or who have been diagnosed with blood clotting disorders should avoid using vibration plates.
Articles on StyleCraze are backed by verified information from peer-reviewed and academic research papers, reputed organizations, research institutions, and medical associations to ensure accuracy and relevance. Read our editorial policy to learn more.
- Change in Waist Circumference With Continuous Use of a Smart Belt: An Observational Study
- Whole-body vibration training in obese subjects: A systematic review