Do you believe that certain individuals are destined to cross your path? If you have ever had a strong feeling of attraction toward someone, there’s probably a good reason.
Lovers or partners you encounter in your life usually fit into two categories – twin flame and soulmate. Twin flames are meant to cross your path temporarily, lasting only a few weeks or months. On the other hand, soulmates are likely to be part of your life for long term and not temporary acquaintances.
Both the relationships are equally valid. However, understanding their differences can help you determine how to approach your relationships when it comes to matters of the heart. So, let’s dive in and learn more about soulmates and twin flames. Keep reading.
In This Article
What Is A Twin Flame?
If you believe destiny is a guiding force, a twin flame is someone who represents an opportunity to know yourself better. Twin flames are mirror images of each other, meeting somewhere in the middle rather than opposite ends. The energy between twins can be intense since it is often fueled by a deep understanding that goes beyond the physical.
Twin flames tend to:
- Be drawn to each other like magnets initially, but eventually feel immense frustration and indifference.
- Have many shared interests and enjoy spending time together.
- Push each other to grow and take their lives to a new level.
- Get involved with people who demand the best from them.
They are comfortable with confrontation since the relationship is based on challenges and mutual understanding.
A soulmate is quite different from what most people commonly believe. You will have a deep, natural affinity towards your soulmate, but not in a needy or dependent way.
What Is A Soulmate?
A soulmate isn’t someone who seems like your other half. Instead, it is a strong platonic connection that helps you grow in ways that aren’t possible on your own. A relationship with a soulmate is all about self-discovery. If you feel this connection to someone, you are not as much in love with their looks or personality as you are fascinated by who they are and what they represent. You may find it hard to put into words why you love them so much.
Soulmates nurture us to grow and expand into our best selves. A soulmate is like an energy-charged magnet that keeps two people together long enough for each person to bring out the best in the other.
Soulmate relationships may not always be perfect, but they carry an intense connection. Soulmates tend to:
- Have a strong friendship before there’s attraction.
- Not connect right away; there are usually many starts and stops before seeing past their differences. Once they do, however, the connection is unstoppable.
- Have a “rags to riches” story, where they overcome great obstacles together, or one helps the other grow.
- Share similar challenges and usually emerge stronger.
Both twin flames and soulmates will feel like home and are a part of your destiny. However, you need to understand the differences and similarities between them to pursue the relationship uniquely.
Twin Flame And Soulmate: Similarities
- Both are likely to be interested in similar things, such as good food, adventure, or spirituality.
- They want to grow and expand their lives together.
- They usually feel very comfortable with their other halves and can be themselves around them.
- They tend to spend time with their partners and care about what’s going on in their life.
Twin Flame Vs. Soulmate: Differences
- Soulmates usually become best friends before starting a romantic relationship, while twin flames typically fall in love quickly and easily.
- Twin flames may go through many cycles of connecting and disconnecting with each other, whereas soulmates tend to become more committed if they follow through on their promises.
- Twin flames often feel like the relationship is happening to them, while soulmates feel like the relationship has happened for
- Twin flames may get deeply hurt by each other, while soulmates usually build up confidence and see their partner’s greatness.
- Soulmate relationships are about compatibility and honoring your past, whereas twin flames fight for the relationship until both are ready to let go.
- The relationship usually grows and fizzles out very quickly for twin flames, while it slowly and strongly develops for soulmates.
The major distinction between a twin flame and a soulmate is that twin flames are two halves of the same soul, whereas soulmates are two separate souls linked extraordinarily. You may feel very close and connected to your soulmate, but you aren’t the same soul. Soulmates are contracted to be together, and they don’t always mean romantic love.
How Do You Know If Someone Is Your Soulmate Or Twin Flame?
Soulmate and twin flame relationships are very similar. Both involve strong connections between partners, personal growth and development, and time and effort to maintain the relationship. However, the difference lies in how people within these relationships feel about each other.
Soulmates connect from an inner knowing and respect for each other, making them compatible in several ways. In contrast, twin flames usually meet in a whirlwind of energy that can intimidate both partners. They are volatile with extreme highs and lows that can be challenging to maintain over time.
If you have a soulmate, don’t worry about finding your twin flame. The way you feel about each other will bring out the best and allow you both to grow. You will go through many challenges as a couple, but your experience of each other will bring you closer and give you the tools to face whatever life brings.
However, if you have a twin flame relationship, be aware that you and your partners are on very different paths. Unfortunately, twins don’t always realize that they are not on the same page. Therefore, you must be prepared to make sacrifices because you might get hurt and feel betrayed by your twin. However, if both partners are willing to work on their relationship with devotion and commitment, they can establish a beautiful, long-lasting bond.
If you are looking for a soulmate, it is crucial to remember that your twin flame can also fit the criteria. However, if you already have a twin flame relationship, there may not always be an easy answer to whether or not you should pursue the relationship further. So, it is best to consider how each person makes you feel. This way, you will understand what type of bond you share and who your soulmate or twin flame is.
Expert’s Answers For Readers’ Questions
Is your twin flame your true love?
Your twin flame can turn out to be your true love if the connection feels easy and comfortable with very little need to influence or change each other. You don’t have to work hard to win or convince your twin that you are a good match for them – it just feels natural and easy.
Do you end up with your soulmate or twin flame?
If you have a soulmate, the two of you usually end up together. But with a twin flame, your relationship can be harder to maintain. However, if both of you follow through what you want out of the relationship, it can be long-lasting.
- What Is A Karmic Soulmate? 13 Signs That You Both Are Karmic Soulmates
- Twin Flame Separation: Towards Understanding This Connection Better
- What Is A Platonic Soulmate?
- What Happens When You Meet Your Soulmate?