Girls with 4C curls, we know how much you love adding definition to your beautiful curly natural hair. And one of the best ways to do this is to twist out the hair. Whether you have short or long hair, a twist out helps detangle the hair, keeps the curls defined, prevents the hair from accumulating dirt, and makes it bouncy and happy!
If you are looking for an easy, simple, and quick way to learn how to get the perfect twist outs on curly and kinky hair, this post is for you. Read on for a quick tutorial and know about the products to use and mistakes to avoid. Swipe up!
Table Of Contents
How To Twist Out 4C Hair Easily On All Hair Lengths
Here’s a step by step tutorial with pictures to help you twist out your 4C natural hair easily:
Step 1: Section your hair after washing.
Step 2: Clamp the rest of the hair.
Step 3: Apply a hair moisturizer to the sectioned hair. Focus on the ends.
Step 4: Comb your hair, starting at the end, and work your way up.
Step 5: Apply shea butter or coconut oil. Make sure each strand is moisturized.
Step 6: Comb your hair.
Step 7: Section the hair into two.
Step 8: Clamp one half. Apply whipped butter or a styling cream or a leave-in conditioner to the hair.
Step 9: Divide this portion of the hair into two and start twisting them together.
Step 10: When you get to the end, twist the hair around your fingers and leave it.
Step 11: Repeat the process.
Step 12: Well, keep going! Listen to good music – it’ll help.
Step 13: Leave the two-strand twist on overnight or for 30 hours.
Step 14: Pour a few drops of almond oil on your palms and rub them together.
Step 15: Start untwisting the hair by twisting it in the opposite direction.
Step 16: Separate the twists. Just be patient, and you’ll love the end result.
Step 17: Pick the roots just a little if you want the twists to last.
Final Result: Look at those beautiful curls!
Defining the twists needs a lot of patience, especially if you have 4C, kinky, or high porosity hair. The following section has a list of products you should keep handy whenever you decide to twist your 4C curls. These products can help moisturize, hydrate, nourish, and add a slip to the hair so that twisting it becomes easy.
Products To Use To Twist Out 4C Hair
- Coconut Oil – If your hair is tangled, nothing works better than virgin coconut oil. Apply it to the sections of your hair and comb your way up from the ends to the roots to easily detangle your hair.
- Olive Oil Gel – Olive oil gel is great for reducing frizz. If your hair is not gel-friendly, you can use olive oil to tame flyaways and frizz. Apply it before and after twisting your hair.
- Shea Butter Souffle Or Cream – The mother of moisturization, shea butter souffle or hair cream is a product that your hair is going to love. Apply it while twisting your hair so that each strand is moisturized and nourished.
- Twist Locking Gel – It locks the twists by providing a strong hold.
- Almond Oil – Use almond oil as a serum every 24 hours to add shine, hydrate the twists, and reduce frizz.
If you are new to twisting your hair all by yourself, here’s a list of common mistakes to avoid.
Must Read: Twist Out Mistakes To Avoid
- Twisting your hair without washing it. A terrible thing to do! Always wash your hair before you twist it.
- Not letting your hair dry completely before you start twisting it. Let your hair dry out completely. Wet hair may weaken the roots and cause itchy scalp, odor, and frizz. The twists will also lack definition.
- Not letting your hair cool down. If you use a blow dryer to dry your hair, allow it to cool down completely to reduce frizz.
- Not detangling before twisting. This is just going to make the process harder for you. Use coconut oil and a comb to detangle your hair.
- Not using the right products. Your hair texture, thickness, and type (dry, damaged, etc.) are different from everyone else’s. Hence, use products that suit your hair the best and add definition to your curls.
- Using too much product. Guess what happens! Your twists are not as bouncy and voluminous as you want them to be. Use the right amount of product to keep the twists alive.
Take a look at these gorgeous before and after pictures of women with twists on 4c curls.
Twist Out Before And After Pictures
There you have it – the perfect twist out for your 4c natural hair. Whether you want fluffy twists, curly flat twists, or springy twists, they are fun, add volume and bounce, and make you look effortlessly stylish. So, what’s stopping you? Show off your gorgeous mane with the best-defined twists ever!
Expert’s Answers for Readers Questions
Do twist outs help hair grow?
No, twists do not help your hair grow. They help define the curls, add volume, and prevent your hair from getting knotted.
How long does a twist out last?
Twist outs may last for about a day or two if you leave the twists on overnight before untwisting them. However, if you leave the twists on for 2 days or more, twists outs will last for about 4-5 days.
- 30 Edgy Flat Twist Hairstyles You Need To Check Out In 2020
- 5 Best Leave-in Conditioners For 4c Hair
- What Are Finger Coils? How Get Finger Coils Easily
- 20 Amazing Hairstyles For Curly Hair For Girls
Latest posts by Charushila B (see all)
- How To Use Coconut Milk For The Hair: Recipes And Benefits - January 14, 2021
- Perfect Wash And Go Hair In Easy Steps - January 4, 2021
- How To Get Rid Of Dandruff In Winter Naturally - December 30, 2020
- Is Seborrheic Dermatitis A Type Of Dandruff? - December 29, 2020
- 12 Best Protein Powders For Indian Women - December 22, 2020