When it comes to drawing a snatched winged eye or any eyeliner look, the types of eyeliner brushes you use matter the most. It feels good to enjoy the privilege of free makeup brushes with your kit, but investing in good quality brushes is crucial to ensure that the bristles are sturdy and neat that do not turn brittle over time. For example, your regular straight strokes require a square-shaped brush, but an asymmetric brush usually does the job to achieve wings. So, take your pick below and get yours asap!
- Dot The Eyeliner: Dot The Eyeliner Make small dots using eyeliner very close to the lash line, then gently connect the dots to get that clean, perfectly winged look.
- Prevent Eyeliner Smudging: Dot The Eyeliner After applying the eyeliner, pick an eyeshadow in a similar shade to dust over the eyeliner using an eyeliner brush.
- Multipurpose: Dot The Eyeliner You can also use an angled bent eyeliner brush to outline your lips.
In This Article
Eyeliner Brush Types
1. Eyeliner Brush
Eyeliner Brush is a slim, and sparse tipped brush which is useful to draw fine lines. It is tapered with a pointed tip. It is not useful to fill in or draw a thick line unless it is for layering lines above lines. One cannot draw winged or curved line with this type of eyeliner brush.
2. Dome Shaped Semi Flat Brush
This domed shaped semi flat brush is usually provided with Gel eyeliners which makes it easy for the user to take the desired product on the brush. The Brush is moderately dense, which makes it easy to make a moderately thick line or even help fill in the desired wings and angles.
3. Angled Bent Eyeliner Brush
The Angled Bent Eyeliner Brush is used to draw a precisely thin line without a smudge that almost looks like No -Eyeliner look. The Angled Brush makes it perfect for winged eyeliner, since the bent side makes it possible to draw a curved line and wing.
4. Flat Angled Tip Brush
Flat Angled Tip Brush has angled shaped packed hair which is useful to draw slant lines or even tight lines. These Brushes come with a variety of Angles: Small Angled, Medium Angled and Large Angled Brushes.
It makes it the easiest Cat eyeliner brush, adding the Drama with dense lines.
5. Flat Tip Brush
The Brush is a flat and densely packed which makes it easy to hold the product and draw a finely accurate straight line. It is mostly used to apply eye shadow on the eyelid making a straight line, for softer and natural looking eyeliner.
A Simple Guideline For Selecting The Brush Types
Simple Eye Defining Line: Eyeliner Brush Flat Tip Brush and Angled Bent Eyeliner Brush.
Cat Eye liner: Dome Shaped Semi Flat Brush, Angled Tip Brush and Angled Bent Eyeliner Brush.
Winged Eyeliner: Angled Tip Brush and Angled Bent Eyeliner Brush.
If you do not have any of these Brushes, you can simple outline your desired shape and then fill in with the same brush.
Benefits Of Using Eyeliner Brush
1. Eyeliner Brush helps draw a fine, chain free line. The Precision depends on the density of the brush.
2. It helps to pick up the desired content of the product and helps in avoiding wastage.
3. With an Eyeliner Brush, one can achieve desired eye liner shape.
4. It also avoids contamination of Eyeliners that come with a brush inserted at the top of the tube.
The type of eyeliner brush you use plays a very important part in how your overall eye makeup turns out. So does the quality. Cheap brushes do not have a good texture, and some even leave bristles sticking to your eyelids. Investing in good makeup brushes will save you time and patience. Follow this guide on different types of eyeliner brushes to learn more about the ones that will help you with your desired look. Do not forget to share these details with your friends.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I apply liquid eyeliner with a brush?
Yes. Many liquid eyeliners come with brush tip wands. If you are worried about contamination, you may use your own eyeliner brush. However, using a brush for eyeliner needs some practice. If you are a beginner, starting with felt-tip eyeliner pens would be better.
Which eyeliner brushes are best for daily use?
Felt-tip eyeliner brushes are good for daily use.
Can I use an eyebrow brush to apply eyeliner?
Yes. Certain eye-makeup looks that require a smudged eyeliner effect can be done using eyebrow brushes.
- Eyeliner brushes help create specific shapes or perfect lines, which enhance the contours of your eyes.
- Angles bent, flat angled tip, dome-shaped, and flat tip brushes are some popular eyeliner brush types.
- A dome-shaped semi-flat brush helps you achieve a cat eye, while an angled-tip brush helps you get a winged shape.
- The use of eyeliner brushes prevents wastage of the product and helps one operate only with the required amount.
The perfect eyeliner brush doesn’t exist…but wait till you watch the following video! Find out the best one for achiveing your desired look for the wedding and learn about the different types of eyeliner brushes, from angled to tapered!