Cellulite is basically the fat pushing against the connective tissues of your skin, resulting in ugly dimpling of the skin. While there are many treatments available that promise remarkable results, they do not really live up to the expectations. What if I tell you that you can achieve super smooth and cellulite-free skin in no time by using coconut oil? Yes, coconut oil for cellulite!
Does coconut oil help cellulite reduction? Read this post to know more about how effective is using coconut oil for cellulite removal.
What Is Cellulite?
Cellulite is formed when fat accumulates around our thighs, hips, butt, and abdomen. This results in the dimpling of your skin (resembling cottage cheese). It looks really unattractive and makes you very conscious of what you wear. This skin condition becomes highly visible when the connective cords holding the skin and muscles underneath produce a distinct fat layer in between, making a sandwich. The dimpling is caused due to the pushing of the excess fat onto the skin.
Cellulite isn’t very uncommon. A lot of women, especially those who are in their teens and middle age, are prone to it. It might sound a bit surprising, but genetics play an important part in the formation of cellulite. And it goes without saying that overweight people are more prone to it as compared to the healthier ones.
So, what makes coconut so useful in treating cellulite? What is the relation between coconut oil and cellulite? Let’s take a look.
Ways To Use Coconut Oil For Cellulite Removal
- Consuming Coconut Oil
- Application On Cellulite-Affected Areas
- Dry Brushing With Coconut Oil
- Coconut Oil And Coffee Scrub
- Coconut Oil And Essential Oil Mix
How To Use Coconut Oil For Cellulitis
You can use coconut oil in more than one ways to reduce cellulite. Here’s how:
1. Consuming Coconut Oil
One method to use coconut oil is to consume it daily. You can either have two tablespoons of coconut oil daily before your workout or use it in your cooking.
While everyone may not be comfortable with the idea of ingesting coconut oil, it is not so difficult either. You can use coconut oil for cooking. Besides, you can also mix coconut oil with beverages and foods.
Having coconut oil will boost your body’s natural fat burning process and help burn cellulite as well. Taking two to three spoons of the oil with food should be adequate.
2. Application On Cellulite-Affected Areas
The topical application of coconut oil is the easiest way to get rid of cellulite.
Massage virgin coconut oil every day on the cellulite-affected parts of your body. This oil gets absorbed by the human skin easily, and it breaks the fatty deposits in cells.
It also nourishes the skin and makes it softer, smoother, and younger-looking.
3. Dry Brush and Coconut Oil For Cellulite
This is a very popular method to remove cellulite.
In this method, coconut oil is applied on the cellulite-affected skin areas. Then, the areas are massaged with a dry brush. For best results, choose a natural, preferably vegetable-based brush. Avoid using the ones made with artificial fibers. Applying coconut oil immediately after a hot shower and then rubbing your skin with a brush stimulates your body’s lymphatic system.
This method further helps in eliminating toxins and fats accumulated in the cells by opening up the pores. Dry brushing also helps to get rid of dry skin on the kneecaps, elbows, and ankles. This ensures tighter skin and proper blood flow to all the organs.
The Perfect Way To Dry Brush
Slather your body well with coconut oil. Now, brush your body in circular motions, starting from feet and then to legs, chest, abdomen, and arms. Make sure you brush counterclockwise on your stomach. Brush in long sweeps and totally avoid going all back and forth. Try not to scrub too hard as it may cause redness and burns.
The best time for a dry brush is just before taking a shower. This way, you can easily wash off the excess oil. You can make use of this technique twice a day.
4. Coffee and Coconut Oil For Cellulite
Another method to reduce cellulite is to make a homemade coffee and coconut oil scrub. This scrub will also make your skin soft and smooth.
Mix coconut oil with sugar and coffee beans to make a natural scrub that will help reduce cellulite. The rough and raw texture of coffee and sugar will work as an exfoliant, opening up the clogged pores while coconut oil with ensure proper hydration in the skin. This mixture also stimulates proper lymph/blood flow in the body. Using warm coconut oil to make this mix is a good idea.
What You Need
- Coffee grounds – 1/4 cup
- Normal/brown sugar – 3 tablespoons
- Hot melted coconut oil – 2-3 tablespoons
What You Need To Do
Mix the ingredients to form a paste. Store it in a glass jar, and heat it just before using. The rough and raw texture of coffee and sugar will work as an exfoliant, opening up the clogged pores, while the coconut oil will ensure proper hydration of the skin. The smell of coffee also has an invigorating effect.
Massage this scrub effectively on the affected areas applying firm pressure. Wash it off after 15 minutes. You can use this scrub two to three times in a week for best results. You will be able to witness positive results within one or two weeks.
5. Coconut And Essential Oil Mix
We all know the concept of carrier oils and essential oils, but did you know that mixing them can help us get rid of cellulite?
Well, that’s true. You may mix pure coconut oil with essential oils like lavender or citrus oils. Apply it on the cellulite-affected skin parts. This works wonders and helps dissolve excess fat stored under the skin layers.
So, what are you are waiting for? Try one of these natural ways to bid farewell to stubborn cellulite.
Ways To Augment Cellulite Removal
Consuming and applying coconut oil topically will help reduce cellulite to an extent. However, you should not think that these methods alone will suffice in removing it entirely. It is important that you undertake measures to get rid of cellulite and prevent its recurrence. There are various ways to do that. Take a look.
- Go Alkaline – Include alkaline foods like green leafy vegetables and fresh fruits in your diet. These foods help prevent the formation of acidic atmosphere in the body that paves way for cellulite formation.
- Fluids Are The Best – Drink plenty of water and fresh fruit juices. This helps discard toxins from the body cells. You also need to stop the intake of caffeine-laced drinks and OTC energy drinks.
- Sweat Your Fat Out – Working out is very important if you want to eradicate cellulite. If you cannot hit the gym daily, resort to biking or running. Aerobic exercises are also helpful in this regard. Try to do workouts that target your legs, abdominal muscles, and the pelvic region in particular.
- Ask Your Doctor – You may also take medical help to create a suitable diet plan that helps in cellulite removal. For people who have cellulite running in their genes, getting rid of it may require multiple approaches.
A Word Of Caution
Now that we know how to utilize coconut oil to reduce cellulite, we should also be aware of the risks involved in using this oil. Take a look.
- People with super sensitive skin need to test the oil on the underside of their wrist or feet to look for any allergic reactions. If your skin becomes red, patchy, and scaly, it is better to skip using these methods altogether.
- Having more than the desired quantity of coconut oil can lead to loose motions and high levels of cholesterol. So, don’t overdo it.
- Scrubbing too harshly can lead to a broken epidermal layer and dryness. So, be gentle with your skin even while scrubbing.
This is all about using coconut oil for cellulite reduction. How has this post helped you? Do tell us by commenting in the space provided below.
- Is Coconut Oil Safe For Tanning?
- 20 Simple Home Remedies To Remove Stretch Marks
- The 15 Best Cellulite Massage Products
- How To Get Rid Of Wrinkles Using Coconut Oil
Latest posts by Tanya Choudhary (see all)
- Brown Rice Vs. White Rice – Which One Is Better? - January 25, 2017
- 9 Unknown Side Effects Of St. John’s Wort - January 6, 2017
- 50 Latest Saree Blouse Designs From 2019 That Are Sure To Amaze You - December 1, 2016
- 7 Reasons Why You Should Save Those Potato Peels - November 30, 2016
- 29 Pictures Of Tamanna Without Makeup - April 17, 2016