If you are anything like us, you probably carry a small tub of vaseline petroleum jelly in your handbag and have one at the bottom of your makeup drawer as well. It is a versatile product that is not only meant for dry, sensitive skin and chapped lips. You can also use Vaseline as an eye makeup remover. In addition, many use it as a healing balm to treat wounds, burns, or chafed skin.
- Skin Concern: Skin Concern Vaseline may clog your pores, hence avoid using it if you have acne-prone or oily skin.
- Prep: Skin Concern Place a clean, damp cloth over your eyes before applying Vaseline to remove your makeup easily.
- Technique: Skin Concern Clean and dry your hands, then gently massage Vaseline in a small circular motion for a couple of minutes. Wipe it off with a damp cotton pad.
- Avoid: Skin Concern Avoid rubbing or tugging your eyelids vigorously as it may lead to irritation and damage the delicate skin around the eyes.
Petroleum jelly contains a mixture of various mineral oils and waxes that melt at body temperature and help restore moisture. The formula of Vaseline is enriched with cocoa butter and aloe vera for gentle care, which works wonders for your skin. There is no looking back once you add this miracle product to your makeup routine.
Vaseline has hydrating properties, and it is a go-to product even for celebrity makeup artists. You can use it as a highlighter and also as an eyeshadow brighter.
You can use petroleum jelly on your eyelashes to tame unruly eyebrows and protect your skin from dye stains. Vaseline prevents moisture loss and offers moisturizing benefits. Furthermore, it is a quick fix for all the makeup mishaps that may occur.
It has a filmy and slick consistency that makes it easy to use. The texture of petroleum jelly is slightly lubricated, allowing you to remove your eye makeup in the simplest possible ways.
Have you ever tried using Vaseline for your eye makeup removal? If not, this post is for you. In this article, we discuss Vaseline as an eye makeup remover. Read on to know all about it!
In This Article
How To Use Vaseline As An Eye Makeup Remover?
- To correct your makeup mishap, simply dab a thin layer of Vaseline on a cotton swab and wipe off your eye makeup
- To remove eye makeup completely, take a small amount of Vaseline on your finger and massage the eye area until all the makeup comes off. Clean away with a tissue or cotton and use a cleanser to wash your face.
Aleeza, a YouTube vlogger, shared her experience of removing eye makeup with Vaseline. Vaseline can remove all sorts of eye makeup from eyeshadow and primer to eyeliner and mascara. She explains, “You’re going to take your Vaseline and just apply it liberally to your eye, going to do one eye at a time just so it’s easier to follow…you’re just going to want to just massage it into your eye making sure that you really get into the lash line (i).”
Why Use Vaseline As An Eye Makeup Remover?
- Best for people who need hydration – this inexpensive jelly can help your moisturize, soften, and smoothen your eyes and even your skin.
- Prevents aging and retains moisture of your eyes and the skin.
- If applied in your eyelashes every day, Vaseline can make your eyelashes thicker.
- Will protect your eyes when a good amount of water naturally decreases from our skin
- Removes almost all eye makeup quite easily, including the waterproof variety.
- It’s very rare that any type of reaction can occur in the skin because of Vaseline, which is easily available in the market.
- Even though it’s moisture retaining product, Vaseline cannot clog pores nor open the floodgates for pimples in your skin
- Apply a small amount of Vaseline to your eyelids and notice how the petroleum jelly works magic by highlighting your eyes.
- To achieve the perfect wet eye makeup look, apply a tiny dab of Vaseline before you apply your eye primer
- To cream-ify your powder eye shadows mix your powder with a tiny amount of petroleum jelly
A Word Of Caution:
- Avoid Vaseline from entering your eyes.
- Its oil-based properties might make you see blurry for a while.
- If accidentlly gets in your eyes, wash it with warm water.
With almost no side effects and at such a low price, Vaseline is truly one of the best eye cosmetic removers you can add to your beauty routine!
Infographic: Reasons To Use Vaseline On Your Face
Vaseline is fairly inexpensive, easy to use, and helps treat several skin conditions, such as rosacea and psoriasis, by locking in moisture. It is also safe to use on almost all skin types. Check out the infographic below to find out why and how to use Vaseline on your face.
Vaseline is a life-saver. This occlusive moisturizer has emollient properties and can even act as a lubricant. Some people also use this beauty product as an ointment for itchy skin and minor skin irritations. However, there are no studies to back this use. Among all the other incredible benefits it offers us, this skin protectant also functions as a great eye makeup remover. Wow! Now, that is something. From preventing aging to hydrating and moisturizing your eyes, Vaseline is a must-have product. And now that you are aware of all its benefits, go on and get yourself this product and never let it go. You will need it for the rest of your life. So, use Vaseline as an eye makeup remover and get ready to see amazing results.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I use Vaseline as under-eye cream?
No, Vaseline cannot be used as under-eye cream as it doesn’t have any ingredient that works effectively for treating under-eye circles or puffiness. Also, Vaseline may cause eye irritation in a few.
Does petroleum jelly thicken eyelashes?
No, petroleum jelly or Vaseline cannot thicken eyelashes. However, if applied, they can make the lashes look healthy and lustrous.
Are there any alternative natural ingredients that can be used as an eye makeup remover?
Yes, you can also use baby oil, coconut oil, and jojoba oil with rose water as effective natural eye makeup removers. They are the perfect organic alternatives to Vaseline due to their emollient and humectant properties that hydrate the skin while easily removing stubborn eye makeup.
Can Vaseline be used as a long-term solution for eye makeup removal?
Yes, it is a budget-friendly option with minimal side effects and can help remove waterproof makeup easily in comparison to expensive commercial makeup removers that may cause an allergic reaction due to the presence of synthetic ingredients.
- Vaseline has gained recent popularity as an eye makeup remover that easily melts the makeup away.
- It is known for its versatility and can be used as a highlighter or an eyeshadow brightener.
- Vaseline carries nourishing properties that can moisturize the skin and curb unwanted dryness.
- Vaseline may also have the potential to increase eyelash thickness, if applied regularly.
- It does not clog pores or invite pimples and breakouts.
Tired of spending hours removing your makeup? Learn how to remove your makeup fast with Vaseline in the following video. Get ready to save time and look your best!