If you are dealing with acne, scars, pigmentation, or rosacea, you must have tried various treatments to alleviate these conditions. If none of them worked for you, don’t worry. The VBeam Perfecta laser treatment can help. This world-renowned technology uses a pulsed dye laser to improve vascular skin problems and facial redness with minimal downtime. It often produces immediate results. Read this article to find out how the VBeam Perfecta laser works, its benefits, and much more. Keep scrolling!
In This Article
What Is VBeam Perfecta Laser Treatment?
The VBeam Perfecta laser treatment is a U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) approved non-invasive skin rejuvenation procedure that uses 595 nm pulsed dye laser (PDL) to reduce skin redness, vascular lesions, and visible facial veins. It emits yellow light with a pulse of 0.45-40 ms and dilates or removes damaged blood vessels without harming the nearby tissues.
This treatment is beneficial for conditions like rosacea, erythema (redness), hyperpigmentation, and spider veins. This advanced PDL technology is developed by Candela, a leading global aesthetic device company. It is used for treating numerous skin conditions. Find out in the next section.
What Does The VBeam Perfecta System Treat?
The VBeam Perfecta system is used for managing rosacea symptoms and treating issues like pigmentation, scars, spider veins, broken capillaries, birthmarks, and newly formed stretch marks. According to a study, VBeam Perfecta may be more effective than Cynergy (another 595nm laser) in treating port-wine stains (a type of birthmark) (1).
- It can also be used to help manage and reduce:
- Cherry angioma (a type of skin growth)
- Hemangioma (red birthmark)
- Venous lakes (blue-purple bump on the skin)
- Warts (non-facial)
- Stretch marks
- Benign pigmented lesions
It is commonly used to diminish facial redness but can be used on other body parts to treat leg veins and cellulite. Let’s understand the key benefits of the treatment in the next section.
Benefits Of The VBeam Perfecta Laser Treatment
1. It Is Gentle And Safe
The VBeam Perfecta laser treatment is gentle on the skin and gives effective results. It has high patient tolerability and no adverse effects (2). Moreover, its patented technology cryogen-based Dynamic Cooling Device ensures quick and safe results.
2. Effective In Rosacea Management
The VBeam Perfecta laser treatment is highly effective in treating rosacea symptoms, including redness, visible facial blood vessels, and overall skin condition (3). Patients also prefer this treatment over Intense Pulsed Light (IPL) treatment for photodamaged skin (4).
3. It Has Low Downtime
The treatment is quick, with little to no downtime. It does not need extensive aftercare, except for sunscreen to protect the vulnerable skin. Also, it often gives instant and long-lasting results.
These are reasons people prefer VBeamPerfecta over other similar laser treatments.
However, you may need multiple sessions to see effective results. In the next section, let’s understand how it works.
How Does The VBeam Laser Work? What To Expect From A Session?
The VBeam Perfecta laser emits intense light pulses that dissolve or destroy the damaged tissues or blood vessels in the target area. This reduces skin redness, pigmentation, and marks, leaving it even-toned.
The pulses are timed, and one session takes anywhere from 15-20 minutes. First, the dermatologist will sterilize your skin and make you wear protective eye goggles. Then, they will use a pen-like laser device to target the concerned area.
This method is painless ( other than a mild stinging sensation) and does not cause post-treatment bruising and other side effects.
The VBeam Perfecta system has a patented Dynamic Cooling Device that soothes the skin with a cryogen to reduce post-treatment redness and discomfort. Watch this video to get an idea about what to expect from the VBeam laser treatment session:
You may have to take multiple sessions at the interval of 6-8 weeks or as suggested by the dermatologist. In the following sections, we have answered common doubts that you may have regarding the treatment.
Is The VBeam Laser Right for Me?
The treatment is right for you if:
- You have skin redness and other vascular skin conditions.
- You have rosacea, port-wine stains (a type of birthmark), stretch marks, and dilated facial blood vessels.
- Your skin tone is pale to medium. People with darker skin tones or tan should seek medical consultation before the treatment as lasers often cause pigmentation issues in darker skin tones.
- You do not use Accutane (retinoids) as it may make your skin sensitive to laser treatments.
- You are not pregnant or lactating.
- You do not have skin issues and active viral conditions like cold sores. In such cases, you have to treat the existing conditions and then go for laser treatment.
What Is The Recovery Time After Treatment?
The VBeam Perfecta treatment has zero to minimal downtime. Most patients resume their daily routine right away. Side effects are typically mild and temporary and may include slight swelling or skin redness for a day or two.
VBeam Perfecta laser treatment is a world-renowned technology that helps treat skin conditions like acne scars, stretch marks, psoriasis, wrinkles, rosacea, and dilated facial veins. It is non-invasive, safe, and effective. In this treatment, short pulses of yellow light are used to destroy the damaged tissues. You may have to take multiple sessions at an interval of 6-8 weeks to reap maximum benefits. Though there are no major side effects, you may experience swelling or skin redness soon after the treatment. Always consult a trusted doctor to know more about the treatment and decide if it suits you.
Frequently Asked Questions
How long after Vbeam treatment do you see results?
You will start seeing the results of your Vbeam treatment after 4 to 8 weeks.
Are Vbeam results permanent?
Vbeam results last between 6 months to 2 years. Additionally, following a healthy lifestyle can make the results last longer.
What should you not do after Vbeam?
Avoid hot showers, saunas, rubbing, scratching, exfoliation, picking, or applying products with harsh chemicals on the area. Use gentle cleansers and moisturizers to keep the area clean and hydrated.
Which is better for rosacea? IPL or Vbeam?
Yes. Vbeam needs less number of treatments and is considered a safer treatment procedure than IPL.
- The Vbeam perfecta laser treatment involves the use of yellow light with a pulse of 0.45-40 ms to remove damaged blood vessels.
- The surrounding blood vessels are not harmed while removing damaged blood vessels.
- This treatment can reduce scars, acne, psoriasis, stretch marks, and wrinkles.
- There is no pain or post-treatment bruising. The single session will take 15-20 minutes.
Articles on StyleCraze are backed by verified information from peer-reviewed and academic research papers, reputed organizations, research institutions, and medical associations to ensure accuracy and relevance. Read our editorial policy to learn more.
- Prospective comparison treatment of 595-nm pulsed-dye lasers for virgin port-wine stain
- Pulsed dye laser vs. intense pulsed light for port-wine stains: a randomized side-by-side trial with blinded response evaluation
- Treatment of rosacea using pulsed dye laser
- Long-pulsed dye laser versus intense pulsed light for photodamaged skin: A randomized split-face trial with blinded response evaluation