Creating the perfect wash and go hair is easier than you think. Whether you have wavy, curly, or kinky hair – wash and go is low maintenance. It protects your hair from damage caused by heat styling and is a superb way to define your curls without spending too much time or money. Here’s a quick tutorial on how to get wash and go hair for all curly hair types. Read on!
In This Article
What Type Of Hair Does Wash ‘N Go Suite Best?
There are four types of hair – straight, wavy, curly, and kinky.
- Straight Hair (1A, 1B, and 1C) is naturally shiny, has a smooth texture, and may not hold the curls for long.
- Wavy Hair (2A, 2B, 2C) can be fine, thick, or coarse. This hair type has a loose to well-defined wavy texture and can be curled.
- Curly Hair (3A, 3B, 3C) ranges from loose and big curls to telephone wire curls. These curls are voluminous, coarse, dense, and well-defined.
- Kinky Hair (4A, 4B, 4C) is tightly coiled and fragile. The coil pattern can be S or Z, as wide as a pen.
Wash and go hair works great on 2C to 4C hair types. However, it is best suited for curly and kinky hair types.
Here’s a list of products you need during the process.
Products You Need For Wash ‘N Go
- Shampoo – Cleanse your scalp and hair thoroughly. Use a volumizing or clarifying shampoo to eliminate dirt, dust, and excess oil. You can use a strengthening shampoo if you have damaged and dry hair. A color-protectant shampoo is best if you have colored your hair and prevent it from fading.
- Conditioner – A conditioner is essential for hydrating and softening the hair. It also adds slip to the hair, which helps detangle curly and kinky hair types. You can use the following conditioners as per your hair type:
- Moisturizing conditioner – Suitable for 2, 3, and 4 natural hair types that are dry and damaged.
- Fortifying conditioner – Best for reviving and strengthening damaged and weak hair.
- Smoothing conditioner – Helps reduce frizz in 2, 3, and 4 hair types.
- Balancing conditioner – Suitable for oily hair.
- Color-protecting conditioner – Prevents hair color from fading.
- Gel – A curl defining gel helps make your curly and kinky hair look kempt and full of life.
- Oil – A lightweight hair oil helps add shine to your curls.
Let’s now get to the step-by-step tutorial. Scroll down!
Wash ‘N Go Hair Tutorial
Step 1: Wet your hair thoroughly.
Step 2: Apply shampoo and massage your scalp.
Step 3: Rinse your hair thoroughly and apply a conditioner. You may also use a leave-in conditioner.
Step 4: Use a wide-toothed comb to detangle your hair in sections.
Step 5: Wear a shower cap and leave on the conditioner for 10 minutes.
Step 6: Wash your hair and use a scalp massager to increase blood circulation.
Step 7: Wash and towel wrap your wet hair. Apply a curl moisturizer and twist the sections.
Step 8: Unravel the twists and comb your hair.
Step 9: Apply a curl gel to each section of the hair.
Step 10: Apply a lightweight oil for extra shine. Air dry your hair and do not use a blow dryer.
Viola! You are ready to flaunt your natural hair without heat styling!
Once you get wash ‘n go hair, you can maintain it for a week. Here’s how to do so.
How To Maintain Wash ‘N Go Throughout The Week
- Moisturize Your Hair Every Day: Spritz a little water and apply a lightweight oil to your hair. This will moisturize and soften the hair, adding definition to the curls.
- Tie Your Hair While Sleeping: If you have short hair, tie it in a high ponytail. For long hair, a loose low ponytail with 3-4 bands can stretch the hair and prevent shrinkage.
- Use A Satin Scarf To Protect The Hair: Cover your hair with a satin scarf before sleeping to prevent dryness and frizz.
- Use A Curl Activator: A curl activator helps keep the curls defined without washing your hair and reapplying any hair care products.
Before we come to a close, let’s take a look at the dos and don’ts for wash and go hair.
Dos And Don’ts
- Avoid spritzing excess water for maintaining the curls for 5-6 days.
- Do not disturb your curls. Avoid playing or stretching your hair.
- Detangle your hair before applying a curling gel.
- Use a good moisturizer that is suitable for your hair type.
- Air dry your hair. Do not use a blow dryer or hooded dryer.
- Avoid using heat styling tools.
- Deep condition your hair every time after washing.
Why damage your hair with heat styling when you can maintain it with wash ‘n go? It is easy to maintain and keeps your hair healthy. Try it now, and you will notice a difference in your hair texture, strength, and thickness.
Frequently Asked Questions
How long does a wash and go last?
Wash and go lasts for a week. Maintain it by applying a light oil every day, do not disturb your curls, and tie your hair up while sleeping.
When to wear wash ‘n go?
You can wear wash ‘n go any time or when you do not have the time to dry your hair.
Can wash and go damage your hair?
No. However, without proper maintenance, wash and go hair can be damaging.
What is wash and go hairstyle?
Wearing your natural curls without manipulating their texture is known as wash and go hairstyle.
- How To Wash Hair Without Shampoo: 6 Simple Ways To Try
- Best Hair Wash Tips To Wash Your Hair The Right Way – Our Top 10 Tips
- A Comprehensive Guide To Washing Curly Hair
- 11 Brilliant Homemade Hair Rinses That Work Wonders