It’s Saturday night and you are scratching your head, thinking how to spend the time. And then your friends call suggesting a night out at your place.
You are so excited that you tend to yell at the top of your voice. You run to the refrigerator with overwhelming enthusiasm, only to find it empty.
Yeah, I understand that feeling mate. And that’s why I have come up with one kickass idea which doesn’t put you in one hell of an embarrassing situation I was in.
I don’t know about you, but I despised watermelons all my life. But that was until I learnt the technique of cutting watermelon from my mother. Ever since then, my relationship with watermelons changed forever. One of the first thing or rather a tip I have learned from her was how to cut watermelon in uniform pieces. And boy, must I add that not only is it visually attractive, but the technique also makes eating the fruit easier.
So, if you want to enjoy the best of watermelons in the best possible way, then you should know this trick too! Read ahead to find out more…
1. Placement And Precision:
Place your watermelon on a flat wooden plank. Make sure it’s well balanced and stationary. Now with the help of a kitchen knife, cut the fruit into two equal halves. Ensure the cut is precise and you do it in one go.
2. The Horizontal Cut:
Place one of the halves on the wooden plank, the fruit part facing down. Using the kitchen knife, cut the watermelon horizontally, ensuring all the cuts are equidistant to each other.
3. The Horizontal Cut (Part 2):
Rotate the wooden plank ninety degrees and repeat step 2.
4. The Repetition:
Repeat all the above steps with the other half.
There you go! A neatly sliced watermelon at your disposal, which adds a dose of ecstasy not just to your tongue, but also to your eyes!
Watermelons are good. Watermelons are healthy. And watermelons are awesome.
Yeah. Yeah. And yeah. Agreed.
But sometimes, food engulfed with nutrition and no taste, might be boring. Especially when you are with your friends, right?
If you disagree, it’s alright. But if you agree, then I have something for you!
How about adding a dash of tequila or vodka to your watermelon?
*A Naughty Wink*
This is how you can make your favourite drink and watermelon the best of friends!
- Use a small knife to gently cut out a round hole into the watermelon. This creates something like a plug.
- Use a corkscrew or something similar to pull out the watermelon plug, leaving a good sized hole inside the watermelon.
- With the help of a teaspoon, scrape some of the flesh out of the hole. This is to make some space for your drink to flow through the fruit. Make sure you don’t poke the melon too much, or it might develop cracks.
- Pour about one cup of your booze into your watermelon. Keep pouring at a slow and steady pace, leaving the drink to sink into the fruit.
- Replace the plug of watermelon into the fruit.
- Place the watermelon with the plug side up into the refrigerator for a couple of hours. This helps the spirits to percolate through the insides of the melon and cool it.
Once done, slice, serve, and Enjoy!
So what are you waiting for? Go get a melon and have a gala time with your friends! Do let us know if how you have liked this article in the comments below!
Latest posts by Ravi Teja Tadimalla (see all)
- 20 Everyday Foods That Boost Testosterone Naturally - August 9, 2018
- Alpha Lipoic Acid: Top 11 Benefits Of The Power Antioxidant + Dosage - July 31, 2018
- Bromelain: The Benefits, Dosage, And Side Effects - July 30, 2018
- Echinacea: The Benefits And Side Effects - July 30, 2018
- 11 Important Benefits Of Chlorella + Side Effects - July 30, 2018