D-Day is knocking at the door, and you must be super excited! Apart from the wedding dress, wedding vows are the most important thing that every bride wants to be perfect. So, if you are thinking of writing your own wedding vows to see your to-be husband melt at the altar, we are here to help. This article lists some original ideas to give you the little push you need to let the creative juices flow. Feel free to use any of them or build on an idea to give your wedding vows a personal touch. From funny and heartfelt to traditional and romantic, there is something for everyone. Keep scrolling!
In This Article
Funny Wedding Vows For Her
Some of the best wedding vows are the ones that can make your partner laugh through his tears. Check out the ideas below to formulate your own vows, borrowing from your cherished memories.
- On this day, I promise to love you. Not that I already don’t! I promise to love you when we are happy and when we are not, when you decide to run in your sneakers with laces undone and trip on everything that comes your way, when you watch the new episode of a Netflix show without me, and even when you steal the covers and leave me to freeze in the cold as we sleep. Our love will stay through all those blessed moments of togetherness.
- Love has taught me many things like patience, kindness, tolerance, and empathy. It has also taught me that your coarse, lush beard (which you refuse to shave) will always get in my way. It will be there when I try to bury my face in your neck, it will sneak between our faces as I try to kiss you, and it will rub right across my face as we come close for an embrace. So, here’s to starting a new journey with you both. We are already a family of three!
- I have often wished for background music in real life. You know, like in the movies? You meet someone, and violins start playing. You make a mess, and get a sad melody! When you came into my life, there was no background music. However, when we moved in together, I started hearing it. Every night! The oh-so-soothing background noise of my sweetheart’s loud snores. How romantic! My beloved, I love you, and I am eternally grateful for your snores and occasional snorts while you sleep. You have, indeed, turned my life into a musical movie!
Honest, pure, and heartfelt — the most touching wedding vows are the ones that come straight from the heart. So, let us take a look at the perfect wedding vows that will make your to-be husband feel the depth of your love.
Heartfelt Wedding Vows For Her
- You know how indecisive I am. It takes me over thirty minutes to choose what to order in a restaurant. But it took me less than a second to decide that I wanted to spend the rest of my life with you. You came into my life when I was lost, and instead of pushing me to change my ways, you held my hand through the journey until I figured myself out at my own pace. You have no idea how lucky I feel to have found you in my life.
- Fiction says falling in love is like having butterflies in your stomach. Your heart feels like it will jump right out of your chest, your mouth turns dry, and you feel dizzy. I have always been an avid reader, and before I fell in love, I would always look for these signs. When I met you, however, my stomach did not feel like a zoo. I did not feel like I would have a heart attack, and I did not reach for my drink. Instead, I felt calm. It was like coming back to someone I had known for a long time. Whatever the authors write is not true! Love does not make you feel anxious, or dizzy, or nervous. Instead, it embraces you in a blanket of warmth and serenity that you did not know could exist. With you, I am at home. I love you.
Marriage is a sacred bond. In most cases, the wedding takes place in a church with God as a witness. So, we have prepared a few Christian wedding vows to set the mood just right for the auspicious ceremony.
Traditional Wedding Vows For Her
- God knows how much I have prayed to Him for this day. When I looked upon you, I knew the angels from above would bless our bond. Today, I stand before Him and profess my faithfulness to you. In sickness and in health, I promise to stay by your side. May God’s healing hand always be upon us! With this ring, I seal my love for you and promise to stay with you through thick and thin.
- On this auspicious day, I promise to hold your hand and walk with you along the path that God has planned for us. For better, for worse, in sickness and in health, in joy and in sorrow, until death do us part. I thank the Almighty for the love that has tied our lives together in this spiritual bond. I promise never to leave your side and love you till my last breath.
What is love without romance? With the romantic wedding vows below, make your beloved feel special on this memorable occasion.
Romantic Wedding Vows For Her
- I know that even in our most difficult times, if I extend my hand in the darkness, I will always find yours, ready to walk with me until we find the light at the end of the tunnel. You are my strength, the gust of joy that picks me up when I am at my lowest. With you, I have found love, and I never want to let you go. Thank you for choosing me over and over again.
- Today, I am the happiest being on this planet since you have agreed to spend the rest of your life with me. I promise to be the person you can always turn to, the one you can fall back on even when it feels like the entire world is against you. My respect, care, and love will always be for you and only you. I love you.
The only time we encourage making your partner cry is when you move them with your sincere words. If you are taking your vows for the first time or looking for inspiration for wedding renewal vows, the awesome wedding vows in the next section will move your groom to tears.
Emotional Wedding Vows To Make Him Cry
- They say fairytales are overrated, and I believe them. I mean, is there even a happily ever after? Who knows? But when I met you, it seemed like fairytales might just exist, after all. How else would you explain the connection that we felt with each other? When I picture my life with you, a happily ever after does not feel too farfetched, and that is a lot coming from a skeptic like me! You have changed me for the better, love. And I am giddy to even think that I get to spend the rest of my life with you until we are gray and old and full of wrinkles.
- You make me want to be a better person. With you, I feel safer than ever. I have never liked a voice as much as I like yours, and I wish to wake up to it every day. My life has been a rocky road, but knowing that I will always find you at the end of it makes me want to keep going. I love you so much, my best friend, the love of my life.
In A Nutshell
Wedding vows are as significant as the ceremony itself, and these heart-warming wedding vows are just the things for you if you are ready to pour your heart out. Go through the list above, jot down the things you can relate to, and curate your own wedding vows. After all, you are eager to hear their vows for you as well, aren’t you?
- Wedding Vows For Him: The Declaration Of Love And Commitment
- 35 Best Poems To Ginger Up Weddings And Nuptial Vows
- How To Word Your Wedding Invite
- How To Romance Your Wife