The sound of ringing wedding bells is a signal for sending congratulatory wedding wishes to the would-be-couple. This sweet gesture conveys your happiness and gratitude for being able to witness true love. You can send formal, funny, or casual wedding card messages before or soon after the wedding – depending on the relationship you share with the couple. However, if you don’t have the right words to express your love for the couple, you have come to the right place. Read this extensive list of 210 wedding wishes to pick from and send the happy couple a beautiful message!
In This Article
210 Wedding Wishes And Messages To Write On A Wedding Card
Wedding messages hold high value for the new couple. They feel honored and special and will be sure to appreciate your well-chosen words. Here are some wedding congratulatory wishes for the happy couple.
Best Wedding Wishes For A Happy Couple
No matter which side you are on, it is appropriate to send happy wedding wishes to the bride and groom on their special day. If you don’t know what to say on a wedding card, take a look at the list of wedding wishes below.
- I hope through the years, you become even better friends and share every possible kind of happiness life can bring.
- Your wedding day may come and go, but may your love forever grow. Congratulations to the perfect couple!
- May your marriage be filled with all the right ingredients: a heap of love, a dash of humor, a touch of romance, and a spoonful of understanding. May your joy last forever. Congratulations to you both!
- Congratulations on your wedding day, and best wishes for a happy life together!
- Congratulations on getting married to the love of your life. I wish that this love blooms in every season!
- I have never seen a couple like you – a complete combination of passion, love, and affection! Accept my heartfelt wishes!
- Congratulations! From now on, you are not just two individuals in love; you are a family.
- I’m so happy that you’ve finally discovered the person of your dreams. May your marriage be eternally fulfilling and thrilling! Congratulations! Be happy and lovely like you two have always been!
- May your marriage be filled with love, hope, and happiness! Best wishes for the wedding to you both!
- A heartfelt CONGRATULATIONS on your wedding! We are delighted to celebrate your special day with you and wish you a successful married life! Keep smiling and enjoy your marital life!
- Through the storms of life, may your love for one another be steadfast and strong. Wishing you joy and happiness on your wedding day. Congratulations!
- Seeing you two make promises and step forward into the future is so inspiring and wonderful.
- You both are better together, and I’m so happy for the two of you. Congratulations!
- Congratulations on becoming one soul!
- May your wedding be full of special memories that you can treasure forever – Congratulations!
- May your love grow forever. Many congratulations to the happy couple!
- Wishing you well as you embark on this next chapter of life. Cheers!
- May the love you share today grow stronger as you grow old together.
- Today is the beginning of your next chapter. Here’s to you two!
- Wishing you a marriage as strong as your faith.
- You two are living proof of just how beautiful love can be. Congratulations on the wedding!
- I love to see two people who deserve happiness so much find it with each other. Best wishes to you both.
- We could not be more thrilled to celebrate your marriage. Congratulations.
- So happy to celebrate this incredible union. Congratulations to you both.
- Can’t wait to celebrate your special day together.
- May you have the wedding you’ve always dreamed of and more.
- May the One who brought you together bless your marriage, enrich your lives, and deepen your love throughout the years.
Casual Wedding Wishes
If you are going for something short and casual, write something that comes from your heart. Here are some casual wedding wishes and quotes.
- Congrats on your wedding!
- Hugs and kisses.
- Wishing you a long and happy marriage.
- Here’s to a long and happy married life!
- Wishing you the best today and always.
- Best wishes!
- We’re so happy for you!
- Wishing you lots of love and happiness.
- Best wishes for a fun-filled future together.
- Wishing you the fulfillment of every dream!
- Time flies, and things change, but I wish your love for each other would stay unchangeable.
- You’ve made me believe in true love. And I hope my belief will be unwavering forever because it seems like you’ll stay together until the end.
- Congratulations! May your marriage be blissful and eternal!
- May the years ahead be filled with eternal joy. Happy Wedding!
- I wish you both a lifetime of happiness on your wedding day! Congratulations.
- May you two continue to love one another more! Wish you a happy wedding!
- It is your path to a new way of life. May God continue to bless you.
- May you and your partner discover all the hues of life’s happiness. Happy Wedding!
- Your most cherished wish has finally come true. I wish you happiness, success, and joy! Congratulations!
- Congratulations to the most lovely bride and groom on their wedding. May God always bless you!
- My heartfelt wishes to both of you! You two make an excellent couple. Happy Wedding!
Formal Wedding Wishes
A wedding is a formal event and you can never go wrong with formal wedding wishes for the bride and groom. They mirror the theme of the wedding and make your congratulatory wedding messages traditional, timeless, and romantic.
- Best wishes on this wonderful journey as you build your new lives together.
- Thank you for letting me share on this joyful day.
- I wish you all the best as you embark on this beautiful union.
- Wishing you joy, love, and happiness on your wedding day as you begin your new life together.
- May the love and happiness you feel today shine through the years.
- When you two are knotted as one, both families and friends share in the oneness of your marital union; may this marriage be a bridge to usher happiness, peace, and prosperity.
- As you step into a new life as a new couple, you become a treasure to our community and the world.
- Let love be the focal point of your daily life.
- May you find hope, peace, and faith in each other’s arms.
- May the joy of your new home be filled with laughter, smiles, kisses, hugs, respect, understanding, and faithfulness.
- May years ahead be filled with lasting joy.
- Happy wedlock.
- May today be the start of a long, happy life together.
- Here’s to a lifetime of love, happiness, and each other.
- Congratulations to both of you on your special day! Your greatest adventure has just begun.
- Be happy, be grateful, and love each other well!
- If ever two people deserved a sweet, meaningful, joyful wedding day, it’s the two of you.
- Feeling so much joy for the two of you as you join your lives in marriage!
- We hope you can feel all the happiness surrounding you on your wedding day!
- Seeing you two make promises and step forward into the future is so inspiring and wonderful.
- It’s such an honor to witness your vows and be among those to wish you a beautiful beginning.
- Watching you together is like catching a sunrise—I’m witnessing the start of something beautiful. Thanks for letting me be here with you.
- Heartfelt congratulations.
Funny Wedding Wishes
If it’s your friend’s or sibling’s wedding, you might want to make your wedding message a bit funny. If the wedded couple enjoys some good humor, these wedding wishes would be perfect for them!
- Thanks for inviting us to eat and drink while you get married. Congrats!
- As Bill and Ted said, ‘Be excellent to each other.’
- Our marriage advice: love, honor, and…scrub the toilet.
- Thanks for the free champagne. Best wishes for a long, happy marriage.
- Marriage marks the end of a love story and the start of a wrestling match. Wishing you the very best of everything anyway.
- I’ll tell you the secret of a happy marriage. It remains…a secret to all! Wishing you all the best of times ahead.
- On your wedding day today, you have now become two from one. Does that mean I will get only one birthday gift from you both every year?
- Getting married is like going to drama school. May there be more comedy than melodrama.
- Marriage is so beautiful. You have finally found that one person you get to annoy all through your life.
- Many congratulations to both of you on tying the knot and increasing my gift budget from now onwards!
- Being married is like any other job; it helps if you like your boss!
- Congratulations on signing your life away!
- Thanks for reminding me how much money I’ll be saving by not having a wedding.
- Marriage means commitment. So does insanity. You guys must be truly insane or madly in love.
- I hope you get so many great wedding gifts that you don’t realize none are from me.
- Congratulations—your wedding successfully made me sob like a baby!
- Glad we got to break out our dance moves in honor of such a great couple. Lots of love to you both!
- Let the fighting commence! Congratulations, married couple.
- Same person forever! Argh! Congrats!
- Please be less cute, you’re making the rest of us look bad.
- Our marriage advice: never snore.
- Enjoy your special day because tomorrow, the real hard work starts!
- Congratulations on your wedding. May you always be able to put up with each other!
- Well done on finding someone who is going to annoy you for the rest of your life!
Wedding Wishes For A Friend Or Best Friend
Wedding wishes for a couple must be unique, especially if either of them are your friend. You could share a personal joke between you and your friend in the card or simply express your happiness for the couple. Here is a list of best wedding wishes congratulations for a friend.
- I’m so happy to call you both my friends. Congratulations!
- May you bring each other as much happiness as your friendship has brought to my life–and more!
- Here’s to love and friendship.
- We all need somebody to love, care about, and trust. I’m really happy that my best friend has found this special person. Congratulations on your wedding and may your life together be a continuous honeymoon.
- We’ve been friends since childhood, and who would have thought that we all would be married one day. But it happened and today is your marriage! Wish you two trust and understanding, patience, and love.
- We’re so thrilled to celebrate this wonderful day with you both.
- Of all the big life events we’ve celebrated over the years, today tops the list.
- The fortune-teller we saw in Vegas was right. You did meet the man/woman of your dreams. Best wishes to you both.
- Today I realized that life is not fair for single people like me. Until now, I had to buy you a gift only once a year on your birthday. Now I have two birthdays plus a wedding anniversary to buy gifts for. Congratulations to my best friend on tying the knot.
- Seeing you tying the knot with the one you have always loved is what I have always desired for you. I wish you a great married life, my friend.
- You deserve nothing less than a lovely married life. Have a great married life, my dearest friend for life!
- I’m sending my heartfelt wishes to my favorite couple on the planet. Best wishes on your wedding, my lovely friend!
- Marriage wishes to a friend who has always been my closest confidant. I’m confident that you and your partner will create an excellent family. Congratulations!
- Life is similar to stupendous when you’re with someone you really love in life. I know that you’re in bliss right now, and I’m full of happiness for you!
- Warmest wishes to my stylish friend! I really feel so happy for you two to find each other. You’re an alleviation to those around you! May your joy last ever!
- Love will definitely participate on this extraordinary day when you’ll end your single life. Wishing you a life full of care, laughter, and love!
- We’ve had so many laughs together! May you always make each other laugh!
- Can’t wait to be the third wheel for years to come. Congrats!
- As your friend, it is truly my pleasure to celebrate both of you today. Your marriage makes the world a better place.
- It seems like yesterday we were playing ‘house’ in the backyard, and now you get to do it in real life. I couldn’t be happier for you both. Congratulations!
Wedding Wishes For A Son
It is an emotional experience to see your son getting married. They are all grown up and ready to start their own family. Show your son how proud you are of him and welcome your daughter-in-law with a smile. If you are struggling with words, here are some congratulatory wedding words to write on a wedding card.
- I am so happy to see that you have grown into the man I had always wished you would be. Now, as you move forward into the unknown with a sense of adventure, I wish you both so much happiness and hope you know how much you are loved!
- We are so happy to be adding this wonderful young woman into our family! It’s so wonderful to see how happy she makes you and how happy you make her. So congratulations on this very special occasion, and may you have only peace and love in your hearts for the rest of your lives.
- You are reaching a milestone in your life as you marry your beautiful bride. I couldn’t ask for a better daughter-in-law, and am so happy to see the wonderful man you have become. She is truly a gift. I love you both.
- Seeing you as a little boy and now a grown man is a very unique sight. You have become a responsible, gifted, and generous young man, and now you have the chance to marry your one true love. May you both be blessed in your future together, and please know how much we will always love and support you both.
- As you move forward into the next part of your life, please know that I will always love you as my little boy. But I also know that each passing day brings more wisdom and growth. So, I proudly pass my little boy on to the woman that will make you whole. I love you.
- Best wishes to my son and daughter-in-law as you start your life together.
- We know we’re not losing a son. We’re gaining a daughter. Much happiness to you.
- My sincere congratulations to you, my son, and my daughter-in-law! May you two cherish the delight of this day for the rest of your life.
- Congratulations on joining the family, dear son; we couldn’t be pleased to have you. Best wishes to you both!
- We wish you an abundance of pleasure, joy, and laughter in your wedded life. Congratulations!
- We’re all thrilled and enchanted to be able to share this special day with you. Best wishes, dear son!
- May your love for one another endure the ups and downs of life. Our hearts wish you both the very best in your marriage. Both of you deserve the best! Congratulations!
- May the new chapter of your life be filled with unending love! I wish you a happy married life, my son!
- What a beautiful day for our entire family, especially for you and your partner. May the happiness you are experiencing today outlast a lifetime. Happy wedding, my dear son and daughter-in-law.
- Being loved by another person is the summit of happiness and wealth. May the love and happiness you share increase by a million and encompass your home, my dear son!
- You’ll make an excellent family for one another and awesome parents for your children. My best wishes and prayers are with you at all times, my dear son!
- Congratulations on your wedding, Son. I wish you more joy than you can imagine in this sacred union!
Wedding Wishes For A Daughter
Walking your daughter down the aisle is the most beautiful feeling in the world. The joy and love fill the parents’ hearts to the brim. Here are some wedding card messages and personal marriage advice you can share with your daughter on her big day.
- My princess, wishing you immense happiness, joy, and laughter in your marriage. May you have a wonderful married life!
- Sending you warm wishes today and always, my sweet daughter.
- Congratulations, sweetheart, on your big day! May your marriage be filled with love, trust, and respect through your lifetime.
- Congratulations, dear, for finding your true love. May this love grow stronger and deeper through each passing day of your married life.
- My daughter, I hope you two will make a home that both of you enjoy living in just as much as you did in ours. Happy wedding day!
- Thank you for making me part of this day; I truly appreciate it. May love always rain on your marriage, my dear. Congratulations!
- Be patient with each other, love each other, and stay true to each other. No mountain will be too high to climb. Congrats on your wedding!
- Congrats, my dear, on your wedding. May you both stay in love forever, wishing you a happy married life in the future!
- I am so proud to be your mom, my dear daughter. May God bless both of you with an everlasting love.
- I am so happy about your wedding, although you do remain my little princess. May you have a wonderful life with your partner!
- Walking you down the aisle is something that seemed so far away from the day you were born. It is my privilege to give you away to such a deserving and loving guy. My heart feels whole with the new son-in-law I am gaining. I have faith that you two will take care of each other and raise a beautiful family.
- I have never seen you look as beautiful as you do in a wedding dress. There is something angelic about my sweet daughter, all grown up. You’ve got touches of your mother in you, but you’ve always had my smile. Best of luck on the future adventures and memories with your new husband. I love you.
- The first date you went on, we worried about our little girl. You’ve matured into a fine young lady that can take care of herself. It’s no longer our job to worry now that you’ve taken a great husband. Be wonderful to one another, and don’t forget to do the little things.
- The day you announced your engagement, I thought your dad was going to have a stroke. You have to forgive him for being so quick to assume the worst. Your new husband has found a place in our hearts like a son of our own. Love one another as best you can with every single day that the sun rises.
- I spent the majority of our life teaching you how to be a great woman. There are times that I am in awe of how much you know about life. You seem to have it all figured out, but marriage is a different type of lesson. It will turn out great as long as you are always supportive, forgiving, and patient.
- My dear daughter, I feel so happy when I see you stepping into the new journey of your life! I wish you both a great life together!
- I am delighted to see that you have discovered the right Mr. RIGHT for your life! Congratulations, my dear daughter!
- Our life’s ambition was to see you succeed. You’ve discovered a man who adores and respects you. Nothing is more vital to us than this! We wish you eternal happiness.
- Although you will always be my baby, you’re now entering a new role in your life. Wishing you nothing but best wishes and everlasting love.
- It makes me so happy to see you marrying the love of your life. I always knew you’d find someone who cherishes you as much as I do. Cheers to a lifetime of happiness.
- May you bring each other as much happiness as you’ve brought into my life. Best wishes for a long and healthy marriage.
- From the moment you were born, I knew that you would grow up to become an exceptional individual. Now that you’re getting married, never lose sight of your values and principles that have taken you this far in life.
- Daughter, we feel many emotions on this day. Most of all, we’re happy you’ve found someone wonderful to share your life with. Best wishes to you both.
Wedding Wishes For A Colleague
Keep it short, elegant, and formal or casual when writing a wedding message for your colleague. You could attach your wedding gift with a written card or send it before the wedding. Here are some wedding congratulations for the couple.
- Wishing you and your spouse a lifetime of happiness!
- Thankful that I was invited to share this day with you and your family. Wishing you all the best in your marriage!
- Wishing you success and, most of all, happiness in your marriage!
- So glad to see my coworker so happy!
- May you build a beautiful life together. Wishing you both an amazing journey ahead.
- I am so honored to share this special day with my coworker! May your days be filled with happiness.
- May today be the beginning of a new life full of happiness and love. Congratulations!
- I am so glad I’ve gotten to know you at work, and I wish you and your new spouse a long and happy life together!
- The happiness and joy you are experiencing today, may they stay with you forever. Warm wishes on your wedding day.
- Best of luck to you during this special time of life. We cannot wait to see the way that marriage improves your life and how a spouse makes you a better person.
- You’re giving hope to all of the single people left in the office. Best wishes to you and your new spouse with your new life together.
- A marriage is a perfect union when two people become a team.
- We’ve seen such a change in you at the office, and we’re so happy that you’re happy. Congratulations on your marriage, and we wish you the best during this new stage of life.
- Everyone at the office is so happy for you. Congrats!
- Best wishes to a very cool coworker and your spouse.
- I am overwhelmed with joy and pride as you begin your new life as husband and wife. Happy Wedding! I wish you the highest level of satisfaction, love, and happiness on your wedding day!
- My dear friend and coworker, you have brought a burst of fresh, lovely vitality to the office. Best wishes for marriage, to my dear friend!
- We’re thrilled that you’ve discovered someone who brings out the best in you in every situation. Wishing you the best of luck.
- Congratulations on finally finding the one who completes you and complements your whole personality. I wish you the best of luck throughout this exciting new chapter in your life.
- Wishing you the very best on your wedding day, your honeymoon, and all the happy years to come. Congratulations.
- If you’re as good of a partner as you are a coworker, I know that your spouse is one lucky person!
- To a brilliant colleague, congratulations on your big day. Save us some cake.
- Sending all our love, luck, and joy to a fabulous work pal. Congrats on the wedding!
- How dare you celebrate love and joy when there’s paperwork to be done!? Many congratulations to you both.
Wedding Wishes For A New Family Member
Welcoming a new member to the family is wonderful and thrilling. You could write light, personal wedding quotes on the card to welcome them or give them a peek into what they are entering. Tell them how grateful and happy you are to welcome them into the family. If you don’t know what to say on a wedding card, here are some quotes you can use.
- Congratulations, and welcome to the family!
- We’re delighted to share this day with you both.
- We love you both. Thanks for letting us share in your celebration.
- We couldn’t be happier to call you family. Thanks for allowing us to join in on the big day.
- Welcome to our big, crazy family! Congratulations and lots of love to you both.
- You’ve felt like a part of this family from the start. Now it’s official!
- Sending you love and hugs always from your new family.
- Today, our family grows by one new member and by so much love and happiness.
- Your wedding is such a wonderful day for the two of you and for our family.
- What a wonderful addition to our family. We’re so happy to share in your celebration.
- We’re so happy that they found ‘the one.’ Welcome to the family!
- I am so blessed to have gained another loving family member.
- Today we added another member to our family tree, and we are overjoyed. Here’s to more family gatherings.
- You fit right into our family. We’re welcoming you with open arms. Congratulations.
- Our family just got better because you joined it. Cheers!
- This special day will go down as one of our family’s finest moments. We’re so happy to have you in our lives.
- Since our first encounter, I knew you were destined to be in our family. Congratulations!
- You bring such a joyful presence to our brood. Welcome to our big, wacky family.
- You’ve always exuded such a calm and peaceful vibe that blends in perfectly with our family. I can’t wait to spend more time with you. Wishing you a lifetime of love.
- We fell in love with you too! Thank you for loving them the way you do. Looking forward to more holidays together.
- Your connection isn’t just with your spouse, you’re part of our family for life.
- You’re now a treasured branch on our beloved family tree, and we’re forever grateful. Congratulations on your nuptials.
- Family is everything, and we’re proud to have you in ours. We love you! Welcome to the family!
- Together, you’re going to be such a blessing to our family. All our love to you both as you join your lives in marriage.
- Our family has gained quite an amazing person. Lucky us!
- Congrats! Love and hugs.
Religious Wedding Wishes
- May your marriage be blessed with unwavering faith, love, and guidance from the divine, paving the way for a lifetime of harmony and spiritual fulfillment.
- May your wedding day mark the beginning of a beautiful journey filled with the blessings from the Almighty, leading you in love, patience, and compassion.
- On this sacred day, may God bless your union, bestowing you with wisdom, patience, and unwavering love as you embark on this blessed journey together.
- As you exchange vows, may God’s light shine upon your union, bringing peace, love, and abundant blessings to your marriage.
- In this holy union, may God’s love envelop your hearts, filling your lives with joy, faith, and a deep connection with each other.
- May your marriage be rooted in faith, guided by love, and strengthened by prayer, as you walk hand in hand on this spiritual journey together.
Infographic: 12 Best Congratulatory Wedding Wishes
A wedding celebrates the union of two people who vow to respect and love each other for eternity. As a witness to such a beautiful bond, it is important to wish the married couple all the happiness and luck in this new chapter of their life. Scroll down to check out the infographic below for 10 unique wishes for newly married couple.
Weddings are happy events that bring not only the couple but their family and friends together. To commemorate and celebrate this special event, unique wedding messages are a must. Write your wedding wishes to the new couple on a wedding card to make them feel special. Your wedding quotes can make your personalized gifts thoughtful and unique. Remember to be polite and respectful while writing wedding wishes and you are set to create a happy and memorable wish for the couple starting a new chapter together.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is it rude not to write anything on the wedding card?
No, it is not rude. However, write a personalized wedding wish for the couple on the card. If you can’t think of any personalized wish, you can write down any general congratulatory message.
Should I send a wedding card even if I do not attend the wedding?
Yes, you should send a congratulatory wedding card to the couple if you are unable to attend the wedding. It would let them know that you are thinking about them and wishing them a lifetime of happiness even when you couldn’t be present physically on their special day.
Can I write the couple’s favorite song as a greeting?
Yes, you can write a couple’s favorite song as a greeting if it resonates with the wedding atmosphere and mood.
Use these wedding wishes to wish a lifetime of love and happiness to the newly married couple. Check out this video for some affectionate wishes that you can send the happy couple’s way!