Say ‘hello’ to a new treatment on the rise that can tighten and lift your drooping skin. Yes, we are talking about ThermiTight treatment. According to the manufacturer, ThermiTight treatment is a long-term option for preventing the signs of aging without surgery. Instead, this treatment promotes the production of natural collagen, giving you a more youthful look (1). Read on to learn more about how this procedure works, the before and after results, the cost, and what to anticipate. Keep reading!
In This Article
ThermiTight: What Is It And How It Works
ThermiTight is a minimally invasive skin tightening procedure that uses radiofrequency energy to heat the targeted lax skin tissues and melt the fat pockets (1).
A numbing agent is applied to the skin during the session, and an ultra-thin probe is inserted through micro incisions. This tiny wand emits radiofrequency energy in a fanning pattern to warm up the tissues at therapeutic temperatures. This heat further stimulates collagen and elastin production in the area, assisting the skin tissues in contracting and tightening, restoring youthful firmness.
Check out this video to understand how the treatment works:
ThermiTight also is effective in melting the subcutaneous fat deposits, ensuring visible results after just one session. Studies have found it to be effective and safe (2),(3). It works wonders for contouring your face and the body parts with moderately loose skin. Read on for the benefits.
Benefits Of ThermiTight Treatment
- Improves Sagging Skin
With age, collagen production decreases, and your skin may lose its tightness and elasticity. ThermiTight treatment can stimulate natural collagen production and improve skin sagginess.
- Improves The Appearance Of Wrinkles
Once your skin starts producing natural collagen, it can automatically fill the lines and wrinkles to give your skin a smooth appearance.
- Improve Your Jawline
ThermiTight treatment can be used on the neck and jaw to melt the subcutaneous fat, reducing the appearance of the double chin to give you a nice facial contour and jawline.
- Other Benefits
It is a minimally invasive process and does not leave behind scars. It can take up to 2-3 days for complete recovery from the swelling that follows the procedure. However, you have to follow the aftercare tips provided by the doctor.
Once you have decided to undergo the treatment (after consulting with the dermatologist), you must prepare your skin for the procedure. There are things you have to do few weeks before the treatment and right before the treatment. Let’s understand what measures you need to take.
How Do I Prep For ThermiTight Treatment?
Things To Follow 2-3 Weeks Before Treatment
- Keep your body hydrated. Drink at least 8 ounces of water every day for a week or two before the treatment.
- In case you already had other cosmetic procedures done on the targeted area, avoid undergoing ThermiTight treatment for at least a month.
- Do not go for any skin treatment for at least 2-3 weeks before ThermiTight treatment.
ThermiTight procedure done on parts of your body previously injected with dermal fillers or neurotoxic proteins (like Botox) can cause adverse effects.
Things To Follow A Week And Hours Before The Treatment
- Avoid sun exposure. In case you step out, wear sunscreen to avoid sun damage.
- Avoid consuming alcohol at least 48 hours before your session. This includes cutting off any other blood thinners that you might be taking.
- Stop using retinoids, AHAs, and BHA, or other active ingredients for about a week to avoid any harmful reactions.
- Do not apply any moisturizers, lotions, or makeup on the day of the session. Go with a bare and clean face.
- Wear breathable and comfortable clothes as you have to sit through the procedure.
- Do not wear jewelry like earrings and other accessories like piercings and rings. Take off the falsies (if you are getting the procedure on your face).
- On the day of ThermiTight treatment, have a light meal.
- Drink 3-4 ounces of water a few hours before the session to ensure proper hydration.
Before we move any further, let us understand the process that goes behind ThermiTight. Here is what you can expect during the session.
ThermiTight Procedure: What To Expect During A Session
The ThermiTight procedure is a pain-free procedure that is done in a comfortable setting.
- The doctor will administer local anesthesia to numb the area and avoid bruising.
- They will create small incisions to insert a tiny probe under the skin surface.
- This tiny ThermiTight wand emits radiofrequency energy to the targeted deep tissues generating a precise, predetermined amount of heat in those areas.
This procedure initiates a defensive inflammatory response by the skin and muscles to stimulate collagen and elastin production to shrink the tissues and tighten the lax skin. The heat also melts fat pockets in the area. The amount of heat is meticulously monitored with a computer to ensure safety during the treatment (3).
Each session lasts for about an hour, depending on the area treated and the extent of alteration intended. Once the treatment is complete, the area is covered with a surgical wrap or compression garments (for body parts), and you are done for the day.
ThermiTight Treatment: Before And After Pictures
Here are a few pictures to help you understand what results to expect in the long run:
Apart from the things listed above, make sure to get proper consultation regarding the dos and don’ts before getting the ThermiTight treatment and whether it is suitable for your body or not.
Who Is The Ideal Candidate For ThermiTight Treatment?
You are an ideal candidate if:
- You fall in the age group of 16 to 65.
- You are in overall good health.
- You are a non-smoker.
- You are not pregnant or planning to be pregnant.
- You do not have any existing skin conditions.
- You want minimal downtime.
- You did not have any dermal fillers, Botox, or other non-invasive treatments within a few months of your appointment.
Although it may sound complicated, most people are suitable for ThermiTight. You just need to be a healthy person willing to commit to a healthy lifestyle post-treatment. In the next sections, we have addressed common questions and doubts you might have regarding the treatment and its aftercare.
Which Body Parts Can Be Treated With ThermiTight?
ThermiTight treatment can be used on:
- Thighs and Knees
Do I Need More Than One Session?
Yes. Like other minimally invasive procedures, the results may not last for a lifetime. You may have to undergo multiple sessions to maintain the look. However, the frequency is decided by the doctor.
What Happens After ThermiTight Treatment?
After the treatment you might experience:
- Mild pain
However, this is not a cause for worry. These signs will subside as the skin heals in about a day or two.
Are There Any Side Effects Of ThermiTight Treatment?
ThermiTight is considered a safe treatment with no major side effects (2). However, you may initially experience swelling, redness, and tenderness around the treated area. This is normal and may last from 24 hours to a few days after the procedure.
Some people may experience numbness or tingling sensation for a few months. While these are rare, they may be caused by nerve injury, infection, or bleeding. If the side effects do not go away within a week, consult a doctor.
ThermiTight Aftercare Tips
Once you get home after the ThermiTight treatment,
- Take rest for at least 12 hours.
- Do not undertake any strenuous activity for the next couple of days.
- If you are experiencing soreness or swelling, apply ice to the area.
- You might experience drainage. Change the dressing every four to six hours. The drainage usually lasts for 24 hours to 72 hours post-treatment.
- Stay hydrated and follow a healthy routine to get maximum results from the procedure.
- Keep the doctor updated about the recovery process and inform them about any changes you may experience.
When it comes to minimally invasive skin tightening procedures, Ultherapy is also a popular choice. ThermiTight and Ultherapy can produce the same effects. However, both are different. Here is a general comparison between the two.
ThermiTight Vs. Ultherapy: Which One Is Better?
Ultherapy is a non-surgical, contouring treatment that uses ultrasound to warm up the deep skin tissues to produce collagen. It induces the natural healing response of the body to lift and tighten the skin around the face, neck, eyebrows, and chest. Though it may sound similar to ThermiTight, both the treatments differ in technology, procedure, and results.
|Uses ultrasound to identify the area by generating detailed images and then heating the target area.||Uses a probe to heat the target area with radiofrequency waves directly.|
|Uses comparatively low pulsing heat energy to lift and tighten.||Uses higher temperature for dramatic results.|
|May cause discomfort.||Uses numbing agent to prevent discomfort.|
|Does not destroy fat cells.||Dissolves fat for a sculpting effect.|
Before choosing any of the two procedures, consult a doctor to understand which one might suit your skin type and discuss your expectations. Now that you have understood the ThermiTight procedure, you must be wondering about the cost of the sessions.
How Much Does ThermiTight Cost?
Like any other cosmetic procedure, the cost of the ThermiTight procedure depends on factors like the target area, the degree of correction needed, location, the expertise of the aesthetician or reputation of the clinic, and the number of sessions you may need.
A single session may cost you anywhere between $2,500 to $5,000. However, this is an average estimation. Consult the clinic and the doctor for a clear picture.
ThermiTight treatment is a non-surgical procedure where radiofrequency energy heats the skin tissues and melts fat pockets. Studies suggest that it is a safe and effective treatment for improving sagging skin and wrinkles. It is essential to keep yourself hydrated and avoid sunlight, smoking, and any topical treatments a week before the procedure. Do take rest and follow a healthy routine to facilitate the healing process. You may experience mild swelling and redness after the procedure which usually goes away within 24 hours. If these symptoms persist for a week, consult a doctor.
Frequently Asked Questions
How long does ThermiTight last?
The results of a ThermiTight session last somewhere between two to five years.
How long does ThermiTight take to work?
You can start to see the results between three to four weeks after the ThermiTight session.
What is the difference between ThermiTight and ThermiSMOOTH?
While both ThermiTight and THERMISMOOTH procedures use radiofrequency energy, there is a fundamental difference between the two. ThermiSMOOTH is used to treat sagging skin on the face while ThermiSMOOTH is used to treat more pronounced sagging skin in the abdominal area, buttocks, and hips.
Is ThermiTIGHT the same as FaceTite?
There is a slight difference between the two. FaceTite is bipolar technology which allows for more focused heating than ThermiTight.
- Thermitight reduces saggy skin, diminishes wrinkles, sharpens the jawline, and requires no downtime.
- However, certain pre-treatment tips like hydrating your skin and avoiding other skin treatments can ensure better results.
- Anyone who is in good health, does not smoke, and is not pregnant can opt for this treatment. You can also go for it after a month of undergoing Botox or using dermal fillers.
- You may experience some slight swelling, redness, or tenderness afterward. These symptoms can be soothed by following some aftercare tips, including applying ice to the affected area.
Articles on StyleCraze are backed by verified information from peer-reviewed and academic research papers, reputed organizations, research institutions, and medical associations to ensure accuracy and relevance. Read our editorial policy to learn more.
- Integration of thermal imaging with subsurface radiofrequency thermistor heating for the purpose of skin tightening and contour improvement: a retrospective review of clinical efficacy
- Percutaneous Radiofrequency Technologies for the Lower Face and Neck