In a love letter written by F. Scott Fitzgerald, the famous 20th-century American novelist, to his wife Zelda Fitzgerald, he says it was Zelda’s courage, sincerity, and flaming self-respect that made him fall in love with her.
Those beautiful words express how much he loved her. The words give a sneak peek into what makes a man fall in love. Of course, not everyone would prefer the same qualities. However, there are a few qualities that every man would like to have in his lady love. Do you want to find out what those qualities are? Read this article to understand more.
In This Article
Love And Relationships
According to Sternberg’s Triangular Theory of Love, we can broadly divide love and relationships into three components: intimacy, passion, and commitment (1). Let us dive deeper and explore how these factors affect a man’s love towards a woman with this insightful and excellent resource.
- Intimacy: Both emotional and physical intimacy between a man and a woman gives rise to a strong sense of attachment and deep love. . Establishing emotional and physical connections through transparent communication, vulnerability, and shared experiences is necessary to access intimacy. Also, physical experience and intimacy are intertwined elements of interpersonal communication. The emotional ties that form because of intimacy allow you to experience more meaningful and stronger sensory perceptions.
- Feeling Of Closeness: We all crave intimacy and cherish the feeling of closeness. Everyone wants someone with whom we can share most of our thoughts, emotions, and feelings as we navigate through the uncertainties of life. This sharing of emotions paired with consistent understanding, trust, and transparency between a man and woman helps them develop emotional and physical intimacy.
- Connection: Sharing common interests and hobbies helps you build a rapport that makes life more meaningful and interesting. A deep connection can immensely contribute to a man falling deeply in love with a woman. Also, frequent eye contact and navigating through difficult feelings together can help them grow a genuine connection and promote attentiveness in communication.
- Feeling Loved: The sense of meaning, fulfillment, and happiness we experience when someone loves us genuinely and appreciates us is inexplicable. It creates deep intimacy between the partners. The more you bond with your partner, oxytocin, famously called the love hormone, makes you feel excited and in love.
- Passion: Attraction, whether physical or emotional, depends on several factors, such as gender, age, sex drive, and individual preferences.
- Physical Attraction: It is speculated that men tend to have physical attraction as a higher priority for falling in love, meaning they want to be with a beautiful woman. This attraction is driven by both an evolutionary and cultural bias to find the best mate.
- Romantic Attraction: We develop romantic chemistry attraction or attachment towards a particular person to focus our attention and energies on winning them over for successful mating. It is instrumental in developing exclusivity and commitment in a relationship.
- Sexual Compatibility: Physical attraction might not always translate into sexual compatibility. It depends on sexual drive, desire, and emotional compatibility. Another thing to note is that you might have epic sexual chemistry, but without a connection, there is no room for the relationship to grow.
- Commitment: It is a conscious decision to stay in the relationship. It can be a short or long-term relationship, depending on various factors, such as common goals and core values.
Understanding what makes a man fall deeply in love with a woman involves a combination of practical advice and emotional components. A sense of comfort and true connection lays the groundwork, while true conversations and shared experiences create a loving relationship. The next section lists a few qualities that make a man fall deeply in love with a woman. Take a peek!
Qualities That Make A Man Fall Deeply In Love With A Woman
This is an attractive characteristic that helps develop strong, long-term relationships. Honesty, trust, and transparency are the cornerstones for a successful partnership. Respecting each other’s differences is vital for developing a powerful bond.
Irrespective of gender roles, we must support our partners in all their endeavors. Traditionally men have been discouraged from showing emotions, except for anger, and undergo intense social pressure to be prosperous and financially secure. Thus, communication is vital in a romantic relationship. Men may feel attracted to the type of woman who supports them during challenging times, showing resilience and perseverance. They like to have someone who understands and supports their dreams and goals.
3. Emotional Connection
A common misconception is that a man prioritizes physical attraction to fall deeply in love with a woman, overlooking the importance of an emotional connection. When a man feels understood, appreciated, desired, and loved by a woman, the chances of him reciprocating these strong feelings are higher. This is essential for a happy and deep relationship. Even in modern times, genuine connection and understanding between couples play a key role in maintaining a healthy relationship. Spending quality time together, and building a meaningful connection, can help develop these romantic feelings. When a woman reminds her man about how good a friend he has been and brags about him to her friends for being her rock, it will undoubtedly make the man feel appreciated and seen. This emotional bond encompasses not only sexual attraction but also a deep admiration for his character and qualities, ultimately creating feelings of attraction that go beyond the surface level and lead to a happy relationship.
4. Physical Attraction
When men say they are more drawn to attractive features, it’s not just about finding a beautiful woman. Woodraw Wyatt, a famous journalist of the postmodern era, says a man falls in love through his eyes, and a woman through her ears. A heartwarming and genuine smile is an attractive feature that can boost a life of romance and is likely to draw men to you. Similarly, a good sense of dressing is another attractive quality that can reflect good hygiene and boost your attractiveness. Warm, friendly gestures can help you both get to know each other better in the initial attraction phase.
Once you pass the initial stage of your dating relationship, when things get more intimate, let him see you in all your splendor with the lights on, wear your best lingerie, maintain eye contact, and tell him which techniques you would like him to try.
5. Sharing Core Values
Intelligence, sense of humor, compassion, kindness, and loyalty are few universally appealing qualities. Men feel deeply attracted to women who have the traits they appreciate and cherish. Having a common ground when it comes to financial decisions, upbringing children, or any social, political, and religious beliefs is necessary.
6. See A Future Together
Men tend to invest their time, energy, and resources when they want to have a long-term relationship. So, when a man sees a future with a woman, he is sure to pursue his feelings.
It is important to spend time together, but your potential partner also has his own life and passions. In general, men fall in love with independent women. While the damsel in distress act might be a pull-in at the start, over time it makes the woman look too clingy and unable to hold her own! Find a way to support each other’s goals, but also prioritize your dreams. This generates a positive self-image and a sense of worth that helps build a healthy relationship with your supportive partner. Such couples inspire each other to lead a better life.
Finding your sense of worth helps you find peace of mind, experience the beauty of life together, and discover a truly wonderful person.
Note: It is better to consult a relationship psychologist to address any issues. If you avoid working on any relationship concerns, it could make the gap between both partners grow even more. Consider seeing a relationship coach or therapist who can help you resolve these issues healthily.
Infographic: How To Be A Supportive Partner To A Man
Relationships require a lot more effort to maintain. Comforting support from a partner forms one of the major pillars of a healthy relationship. It is a responsibility that must not be overlooked. The infographic below will help you understand how you can be an understanding and supportive partner to your man. Scroll down.
Love is hard, and it is not easy to point out the exact reason you may have those feelings for someone. A man’s ability to fall truly in love with a woman is often hampered by his attempts to maintain an unhealthy or unworkable relationship. However, it does not mean that you should not even try to decode his feelings. In this Triangular Theory of Love, Sternberg did exactly that and divided love and relationships into three components — intimacy, passion, and commitment. These three elements provide a man with a strong sense of attachment, sexual compatibility, and security, making them fall head over heels in love with you. The support and emotional connection they feel with you also pull them closer, among other things.
Frequently Asked Questions
What kind of girl do men fall in love with?
All men have individual preferences regarding the women they want to date. Usually, men prefer women who share similar interests, are confident, and respect themselves. But in the end, men will always tend to fall in love with women with whom they can see building a life together.
How do you know if a man is falling in love with you?
If a man likes to spend quality time with you, makes an effort to keep the conversation going, and prioritizes you over anything else, he might have fallen for you.
How does a man act when he falls in love?
All men react to falling in love differently. But you can look for the following basic signs. He will care for you, smile at you, surprise you with romantic gestures, share his secrets with you, love spending quality time with you, and not shy away from showing his vulnerability.
- Various factors play a role in making a man fall deeply in love with that one special woman in his life.
- You can assume a man is deeply in love with a woman once his initial attraction turns into attachment.
- Physical attraction, sexual compatibility, empathy, and emotional connection are key to making a man fall in love with a woman.
Watch this video to learn about the three things that make a man fall deeply in love with a woman according to research. Uncover the secrets to make your partner feel connected, appreciated, and respected.
Articles on StyleCraze are backed by verified information from peer-reviewed and academic research papers, reputed organizations, research institutions, and medical associations to ensure accuracy and relevance. Read our editorial policy to learn more.
- Sternberg’s Triangular Theory of Love
- Sternberg’s Triangular Theory of Love