In a love letter written by F. Scott Fitzgerald, the famous 19th-century American novelist, to her wife Zelda Fitzgerald, he says it was Zelda’s courage, sincerity, and flaming self-respect that made him fall in love with her.
Those beautiful words express how much he loved her. The words give a sneak peek into what makes a man fall in love. Of course, not everyone would prefer the same qualities. However, there are a few qualities that every man would like to have in his lady love. Do you want to find out what those qualities are? Read this article to understand more.
In This Article
Love And Relationships
According to Sternberg’s Triangular Theory of Love, we can broadly divide love and relationships into three components intimacy, passion, and commitment (1). Let us dive deeper and explore how these factors affect a man’s love towards a woman.
- Intimacy: Both emotional and physical intimacy between a man and a woman gives rise to a strong sense of attachment and deep love.
- Feeling Of Closeness: We all crave intimacy and cherish the feeling of closeness. Everyone wants someone with whom we can share most of our thoughts, emotions, and feelings as we navigate through the uncertainties of life. Consistent Understanding, trust, and transparency between a man and a woman develop intimacy.
- Connection: Sharing common interests and hobbies helps you build a rapport, which makes life more meaningful and interesting.
- Feeling Loved: The sense of fulfillment and happiness we experience when someone loves us genuinely and appreciates us is inexplicable. It creates deep intimacy between the partners.
- Passion: Attraction, whether physical or emotional, depends on several factors, such as gender, age, sex drive, and individual preferences.
- Physical Attraction: It is speculated that men tend to have physical attraction as a higher priority for falling in love. This is driven by both an evolutionary and cultural bias to find the best mate.
- Romantic Attraction: We develop romantic attraction or attachment towards a particular person to focus our attention and energies on winning them over for successful mating. It is instrumental in developing exclusivity and commitment in a relationship.
- Sexual Compatibility: Physical attraction might not always translate into sexual compatibility. It depends on sexual drive, desire, and emotional compatibility.
- Commitment: It is a conscious decision to stay in the relationship. It can be short or long-term, depending on various factors, such as common goals and core values.
The next section lists a few qualities that make a man fall deeply in love with a woman. Take a peek!
Qualities That Make A Man Fall Deeply In Love With A Woman
This is an attractive characteristic that helps develop strong, long-term relationships. Honesty, trust, and transparency are the cornerstones for a successful partnership. Respecting each other’s differences is vital for developing a powerful bond.
Irrespective of gender roles, we must support our partners in all their endeavors. Traditionally men have been discouraged from showing emotions, except for anger, and undergo intense social pressure to be prosperous and financially secure. Thus, it is vital they have someone who understands and supports their dreams and goals.
3. Emotional Connection
When a man feels understood, appreciated, desired, and loved by a woman, the chances of him reciprocating these feelings are higher. This is essential for a happy and deep relationship. Spending quality time together can help develop these feelings, as well as remind him how good a friend he’s been to you and brag to your friends that he is your rock.
4. Physical Attraction
Woodraw Wyatt, a famous journalist of the post-modern era says a man falls in love through his eyes, a woman through her ears. A heartwarming and genuine smile is an attractive feature that will draw men to you. Similarly, a good sense of dressing can reflect good hygiene and boost your attractiveness. Also, a warm, friendly gesture is desirable for knowing each other in the initial phases. And when things get more intimate, let him see you in all your splendor with the lights on, wear your best lingerie, and tell him which techniques you would like him to try.
5. Sharing Core Values
Intelligence, sense of humor, compassion, kindness, and loyalty are few universally appealing qualities. Men feel deeply attracted to women who have the traits they appreciate and cherish. Having a common ground when it comes to financial decisions, upbringing children, or any social, political, and religious beliefs is necessary.
6. See A Future Together
Men tend to invest their time, energy, and resources when they want to have a long-term relationship. So, when a man sees a future with a woman, he is sure to pursue his feelings.
It is important to spend time together, but your partner also has their own life and passions. Find a way to support each other’s goals and prioritize your dreams. This generates a positive self-image and a sense of worth for a healthy relationship. Such couples inspire each other to lead a better life.
Infographic: How To Be A Supportive Partner To A Man
Relationships require a lot more effort to maintain. Comforting support from a partner forms one of the major pillars of a healthy relationship. It is a responsibility that must not be overlooked. The infographic below will help you understand how you can be an understanding and supportive partner to your man. Scroll down.
Love is hard, and it is not easy to point out the exact reason you may have those feelings for someone. However, it does not mean that you should not even try to decode the feelings. In this Triangular Theory of Love, Sternberg did exactly that and divided love and relationships into three components — intimacy, passion, and commitment. These three elements provide a man a strong sense of attachment, sexual compatibility, and security, making them fall head over heels in love with you. The support and emotional connection they feel with you also pull them closer, among other things.
Frequently Asked Questions
What kind of girl do men fall in love with?
All men have individual preferences regarding the women they want to date. Usually, men prefer women who share similar interests, are confident, and respect themselves. But in the end, men will always tend to fall in love with women with whom they can see building a life together.
How do you know if a man is falling in love with you?
If a man likes to spend quality time with you, makes an effort to keep the conversation going, and prioritizes you over anything else, he might have fallen for you.
How does a man act when he falls in love?
All men react to falling in love differently. But you can look for the following basic signs. For example, he will care for you, love spending time with you, smile at you, surprise you with romantic gestures, share his secrets with you, and not shy away from showing his vulnerability.
- Various factors play a role in making a man fall deeply in love with that one special woman in his life.
- You can assume a man is deeply in love with a woman once his initial attraction turns into attachment.
- Physical attraction, sexual compatibility, empathy, and emotional connection are key to making a man fall in love with a woman.
Articles on StyleCraze are backed by verified information from peer-reviewed and academic research papers, reputed organizations, research institutions, and medical associations to ensure accuracy and relevance. Read our editorial policy to learn more.
- Sternberg’s Triangular Theory of Love
- Sternberg’s Triangular Theory of Love