When it comes to holidaying in Vegas, you can just let your creative juices flow like never before. So, if you are wondering what to wear in Las Vegas, then you will be glad to know that we are here to help. Today, in this article, we will introduce you to some of the amazing ideas you can go with while dressing up for your Vegas trip. Although Vegas lets you do whatever your heart desires (of course, without harming anyone), it is always good to plan before your trip – especially so when it comes to your outfits. You need to map your likes and dislikes and make sure that your vegas outfits are comfortable because, after all, it is a vacation that you are on. Below we have listed some tips and ideas that will help you plan your Vegas looks effortlessly. And rest assured that your clothes will always be on point and picture-ready. All you have to do now is scroll down and find everything you need to know about. So, go ahead and give this piece a read!
- Hairstyle: Opt for bouncy curls or finger waves for a glamorous look and a sleek high ponytail or a braided updo for a polished look.
- Fabric: Opt for lightweight, comfortable, and breathable fabrics like cotton, linen, or chiffon due to the hot and humid weather in Las Vegas.
- Handbags: Choose a clutch or wristlet for formal holiday parties and a tote or small shoulder bag for cocktail parties or holiday brunches.
- Makeup: Go for vibrant lip shades like hot pink and bold red for your Las Vegas look. Add winged eyeliner and metallic eyeshadow for a bold look.
In This Article
- Consider comfortable footwear, and we cannot stress this enough. Sneakers, flip-flops and anything that can relentlessly keep up with long walks.
- Carry a ton of sunscreen – because a tan might sound fashionable, but not a sunburn that this desert city gives you. Make that waterproof too, if you decide to jump into the pool in the middle of the night.
- Jazz up your look with accessories, by all means with blingy stuff.
- Walk around and explore, don’t just restrict yourself to the strip.
- Don’t try and pull a Kardashian in the pursuit of fitting in; you don’t have to. Really.
- Carry any new footwear, let alone stilettos. Also, do not be over-confident about your walking-in-heels skills.
- There’s a thin line between having fun and dressing like a cabaret crew member, tread cautiously.
- Go blingy, but again in good measure.
What To Wear In Las Vegas – Dressing Tips
1. Bold Or Vibrant Colors During The Day
If you want to stay on trend while in Las Vegas, consider packing some statement pieces. You might spend your nights at luxurious hotels, clubs or casinos, but there’s so much more to explore during the day. There’s so much happening round the clock that 24 hours just aren’t enough. Unless you plan to be at your hotel all day long, throw in some bold or vibrant colored elegant dresses and get out. And, when I say bright colors it can be anything from hair accessories, shoes, layers or even sunglasses. If you’re feeling bohemian, consider a flowy maxi dress or skirt paired with a denim jacket and ankle boots. For a western vibe, go for a cowboy hat, boots, and a statement belt buckle. You can add a touch of vintage to your look by opting for a 1920s-inspired dress or a retro suit in a bold color. If you’re looking for a sporty look, wear a tracksuit paired with chunky sneakers. For a beachy look, consider a flowy sundress or shorts paired with sandals and a sun hat. If you’re feeling urban, wear a denim jacket paired with a graphic t-shirt and high-top sneakers. No matter what you pick, you’ll fit the Vegas bill.
Rachel, who frequently blogs about the experiences of her life, embarked on an exciting adventure to Las Vegas. When discussing fashion tips for the scorching Nevada summer, she recommends, “The lighter the fabric, the better. It is bloody hot in Nevada during the summer. Loose fitting, cotton, and comfy is a great mix (i).” She also goes to help you with shoes, accessories, places, tickets, and much more.
2. Rompers Or Playsuits – Come A Long Way
If there’s one place you can never be underdressed or overdressed, then it is Vegas. You can fall on either side of the spectrum, and nobody cares. It’s not rare to see people in pajamas, flip-flops or yoga pants all days long. However, some places have dress codes so play it on the comfortable side by adding some rompers, playsuits, etc in your Las Vegas outfits. You don’t have to try hard to fit in but meet in the middle to hit that sweet spot anyway.
3. A Velvet Dress, An Asymmetrical Or The LBD
Do not account for just one dress a day while in Vegas, because you will need more than one considering the heat. Take some of your best party wear dresses when you hit the bar or the casino. While there’s no formal dress code, there’s something fascinating about dressing in a velvet dress to nightclubs and matching to the grandeur of the place and the vibe. Or, a chic looking asymmetrical dress with pumps and a statement body bag. If you are like me and fickle minded, throw in your classic bodycon LBD in your duffel bag anyway, it never goes out of style and comes handy too.
Tip: If you’re on a budget, consider shopping at affordable and budget-friendly stores such as H&M or Zara for trendy pieces. If you’re looking for high-end options, head to designer stores such as Gucci or Louis Vuitton for luxurious dresses and suits.
4. Stock Up – The Fancy Swimsuits
One of the days, if you are not in the mood to get out, laze around the pool, but in style. When in Vegas, remember everything happens in style. So, either jumping into the pool or sipping on your cosmopolitan by the poolside, do it in your best swim suit. And don’t you shy away, nobody is judging you for what you are wearing.
5. Accessorize – To Your Heart’s Content
Be it a large rhinestone clutch, body jewelry, statement neck pieces, finger rings or anything else you want to doll up in, put your best party foot forward. During the day, reflectors or fedora hats are fashion opportunities to up your accessories game.
6. Footwear – Comfortable And Kickass
Footwear can make or break your Vegas experience. Go with shoes/sandals you have tried before and are sure about them. Enjoying the Vegas strip comes with an unsaid condition that you need to wear something comfortable. It’s no easy feat to strut around in your six-inch-ers throughout the day, forget about covering the stretch. It’s just not worth the pain. Wear flats, gladiators, flip flops or sneakers that cushion your feet. Carry a change once you are indoors, and that’s the best advice someone gave me.
5. Makeup – Vibrant And On-point
I know there is room for all our craziness in Vegas, but if it’s not you, you don’t have to do it. Just keep your makeup vibrant that pops out in the right proportion and on-point. By all means, try all those eccentric lipstick shades that you otherwise wouldn’t work with. As long as we remember – there is a thin line between being unique and unnecessarily over the top.
- Places To Visit In Las Vegas
The Las Vegas strip in itself has a lot to offer, and you’d probably be pacing up and down the strip. And, here are things you can’t miss.
- The famous Bellagio fountains and Cirque de Soleil.
- Riding the gondola at Venetian—breathe in a little Europe while in Vegas.
- The Mob and Neon museums—if you are a person who likes history.
- Since you’re around the corner, make trips to the nearby attractions like the Red Rock Canyon Park, Hoover Dam or even the Grand Canyon.
- The glitz, glamor, lights, and grandeur will be your guide, keep you on a high that will stay with you well after your trip is over. So, yes when in Vegas follow the vibe.
- Weather In Las Vegas
The desert city gets a lot of sunshine and is neither unusually cold or not. From my experience, I could tell you that weather will never be a reason for your Vegas trip going bad. The temperatures are varied. So, when you want to make a trip is relative to each of us.
March, April, and October are probably the best and most pleasant months in Vegas. They are warm, pleasant and breezy.
May is warm with the high 70s and 80s, nothing you can’t manage.
June and July, the first half of July are the hottest when temperatures are in the high 90s and touches 100s almost every other day.
August – While the first couple of weeks are still hot, the temperature sees a slight drop as September approaches. You could expect anywhere between the 80s and 90s around this time.
November to February is relatively colder. However, there’s no need for snow boots or your North Face jackets.
Infographic: Tips To Style Your Outfits In Vegas
There aren’t many rules when it comes to Vegas, really. It has the young, wild, and free vibe nailed down to the T. The only things you need to keep in mind are the weather, your comfort level, and style quotient. In case you need a refresher, we have compiled an infographic on the best tips for styling your Vegas outfits for your reference.
After going through this extensive list of dos and don’ts, confusion about what to wear in Las Vegas should not concern you anymore. Whether you’re hitting the casinos or attending a formal event, there are many versatile and trendy options available to you, ranging from sophisticated to edgy, modern to retro. Rompers, playsuits, your favorite LBD, swimsuits, or footwear, your options are endless, and you can even experiment with them. And not just your attire, make-ups can also accentuate your already standout looks and make everyone’s head turn your way. So, party hard and slay because it is Vegas, girl! A place like Las Vegas truly gives you the freedom to be unique, creative, and fashionable, all in one go.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is the strip in Las Vegas?
Everyone who has been here or plans to visit, associate the place with the famous ‘Las Vegas Strip’ which is about 4.5 miles. All the glitz, glamor, lights, hotels and all things Vegas-y are on this strip – Las Vegas Boulevard, to be more precise. While Mandalay Hotel is on the Southern part of the strip, the Stratosphere is at the Northern end.
When is the Best Time to Visit Las Vegas?
Vegas gets a lot of sunshine throughout the year, so anytime is usually okay. However, summers which are July & August are the hottest, so you also get steal deals on hotels etc. The most pleasant months are Feb-April; and October-November. A few days before and after the New Year’s Eve is the most expensive and crowded in Vegas. So, there’s not really one best time to visit; it’s a matter of choice.
Do you need to dress nice in Vegas?
Vegas is a city of the free-spirited and as long as you clean up well, you get to dress anyway you like (for any occasion). However, since you probably would be having the time of your life, it’s best to choose comfortable clothing and shoes.
Is there a dress code for shows in Las Vegas?
There is no official dress code as such in Las Vegas unless it is mentioned on your ticket or invite. During the day, people dress in casuals. At night, people wear flashy partywear. However, you can dress according to your comfort and style.
Should I bring jeans to Vegas?
If it is winter, yes. Vegas is prone to extremely cold weather on winter nights and jeans are a safe option against it.
- Go for bright-colored outfits during the day paired with classy accessories.
- Opt for a fancy velvet dress to match the grand nightlife of the place.
- Keep stylish swimwear and cover-ups on hand for a day at the pool party.
- Opt for a vibrant and on-point makeup look to match your fun outfits.
Stepping into the dazzling nightlife of Las Vegas? Unveil the secrets of club fashion with this video guide about the hottest trends and must-have outfits to make a jaw-dropping entrance.