There’s nothing like losing weight without going on a diet. The Wild Diet is all about the freedom to eat unprocessed, natural foods. Dieters who have followed the Wild Diet have lost about a whopping 20-50 pounds! So, toss out the restrictive diet plan and learn about the Wild Diet, how it works, foods to eat and avoid, meal plan, and precautions. Swipe up!
Highlights Of The Article
- What Is The Wild Diet And How Does It Work?
- Guidelines Of The Wild Diet
- Wild Diet Meal Plan
- Foods To Eat
- Foods To Avoid
- Difference Between Wild Diet And Paleo Diet
- Wild Diet Recipes
- Is The Wild Diet Healthy?
What Is The Wild Diet And How Does It Work?
The Wild Diet is a weight loss strategy that encourages clean eating minus the food deprivation and restrictions. It was created by Abel James, who had lost 20 pounds in just 40 days by eliminating all processed foods and eating whole, organic foods.
According to Abel James, “By prioritizing foods found in the wild, you return your body to its optimal fat-burning state.” This means that you must eliminate all processed foods from your diet, start consuming foods that are nutrient-dense, and stop counting calories – and you will start to lose weight naturally.
To get started, follow the basic guidelines of the Wild Diet mentioned below.
Guidelines Of The Wild Diet
- Toss Out All The Processed Carbs – Toss out all the processed carbs like refined flour, corn soy, high fructose corn syrup, industrial seed oils, and white sugar.
- Consume Nutritious Foods – Nutritious foods like veggies, fruits, wild-caught fish, and free range eggs are loaded with dietary fiber, vitamins, minerals, and protein. Consuming these will help you feel satiated, curb hunger, improve metabolism, and keep you active all day.
- Stop Counting Calories – Many weight loss dieters keep counting calories as the only metric to decide whether they have eaten well. However, counting calories may not work when you consume marketed “zero calories” foods that contain no nutritional value, making you feel hungry within minutes, and weakening your immunity. So, instead of counting calories, check the nutrition value and start consuming foods that will help keep you full for a long duration.
- Consume Bacon, Butter, Avocado, Etc. To Drop Pounds – Consuming foods rich in fat will make you lose weight – and we have seen this in the popular ketogenic diet results. We are now aware that fats are not bad when consumed in limits. So, you may consume bacon, beef, butter, avocado, olive oil, and other healthy fats in limited amounts. Please check with your doctor if you have heart or liver problems.
- Eat To Lose Weight – It is a common misconception that consuming less food will help you lose weight. But it’s just the opposite. Eat when you are hungry, eat clean, and eat healthily. This will help keep your metabolism active and prevent your body from storing the energy in the form of fat.
- Chocolate Rush Is Good – Avoiding chocolate to lose weight and still not losing weight? Maybe you should not avoid chocolate! Consume 80% dark chocolate when you crave for chocolate. It helps reduce the digestion and absorption of fats and carbs, thereby curbing your hunger (1).
- Enjoy Food With Your Family And Friends – When you go on a restrictive diet, the first thing that gets affected is your social life. But with the Wild Diet, you will be able to enjoy all the meals with your family and on night outs with your close friends.
The prominent message here is to enjoy consuming organic foods and eliminate all processed and artificial foods from your diet. Now, take a look at the following sample Wild Diet meal plan to get an idea of how your diet plan should look like.
Wild Diet Meal Plan
|Meals||What To Eat|
|Early Morning (6:00 – 6:30 a.m.)||2 teaspoons fenugreek seeds soaked in 1 cup water overnight|
|Breakfast ( 7:00 a.m.)||1 wheat bread toast + 2 eggs, scrambled + 1 cup black coffee/green tea + 4 almonds|
|Mid Morning (10:00 a.m.)||1 apple|
|Lunch (12:30 p.m.)||3 oz skinless grilled chicken breast salad + 1 cup buttermilk Or 1 medium bowl cream of mushroom soup + 1 small cup raw veggies|
|Snack (3:30 p.m.)||1 cup green tea/black coffee + 2 saltine crackers Or 1 banana|
|Dinner (6:00 p.m.)||1 cup vegetable dahl soup + 1 piece of dark chocolate Or 3 oz grilled fish, 1 cup salad + 1 piece of home-baked cake|
But are these the only food that you are allowed to consume? No! Here’s a Wild Diet shopping list for you that includes foods you may consume and foods you must totally avoid.
Foods To Eat
- Veggies – Spinach, kale, radish, collard greens, radish greens, Brussels sprouts, Swiss chard, tomato, cucumber, green bell pepper, rhubarb, cabbage, eggplant, cauliflower, broccoli, bok choy, chives, onion, spring onions, celery, fennel, and purple cabbage.
- Fruits – Apple, muskmelon, avocado, banana, watermelon, pear, kiwi, lime, lemon, orange, raw mango, grapefruit, tangerine, strawberries, java plum, blueberries, acai berry, and gooseberries.
- Protein – Skinless chicken breast, mushroom, eggs, wild-caught fish, lentils, beans, sprouts, soy, tofu, ground turkey, bacon, and ground beef.
- Dairy – Full-fat milk, full-fat ricotta cheese, buttermilk, cheddar, cottage cheese, feta, and butter.
- Fats And Oils – Olive oil, avocado oil, rice bran oil, sunflower butter, and ghee.
- Nuts And Seeds – Almond, walnut, pistachios, pine nuts, macadamia, sunflower seeds, flax seeds, and melon seeds.
- Herbs And Spices – Dill, rosemary, thyme, cilantro, oregano, star anise, cardamom, cinnamon, clove, ginger, garlic, cumin, carom seeds, nigella seeds, black and white pepper, saffron, mace, nutmeg, coriander powder, turmeric, chili flakes, chili powder, and cayenne pepper.
- Beverages – Water, fenugreek soaked water, lime water, detox water, freshly pressed fruit/vegetable juice, and wine.
Foods To Avoid
- Processed Foods – Potato chips, fried chicken, fries, pizza, burger, breakfast cereals trans-fats foods, sausage, salami, and frozen foods.
- Fats And Oils – Lard, dalda, and vegetable oil.
- Beverages – Packaged fruit and vegetable juice, soda, and energy drinks.
The list of foods to avoid includes all the processed and unhealthy foods so that the inflammation level in your body is kept in check, and your metabolism runs at a steady pace without slowing down.
Now, a lot of people are confused between the Wild Diet and Paleo diet because the basic principle of both the diets is the same – eat whole, organic foods that our ancestors ate. However, here’s how Paleo and the Wild Diet differ from each other:
Difference Between Wild Diet And Paleo Diet
|Wild Diet||Paleo Diet|
Now that you are aware of the basic and prominent differences between the two diets, let’s move on to cooking a few super quick and easy Wild Diet recipes for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
Wild Diet Recipes
1. Nuts Over Spinach And Eggs
- 2 large free-range eggs
- 1 cup baby spinach
- A handful of pine nuts
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ teaspoon freshly crushed peppercorn
- Salt to taste
How To Prepare
- Heat a tablespoon of olive oil and toss in the baby spinach.
- Add salt and pepper and cook the spinach for about 2-3 minutes. Do not let it wilt.
- Remove the spinach from the pan and add another tablespoon of olive oil.
- Crack open the eggs and make two sunny-side-ups.
- Place the eggs on top of the spinach.
- Sprinkle some crushed peppercorn and a few pine nuts.
- And your breakfast is ready.
2. Spicy Tuna Rice
- ½ cup smoked tuna
- ¼ cup chopped tomato
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ small onion, chopped
- ¼ cup brown rice, soaked overnight
- 1 cup water
- ½ dried red chili
- Juice of half a lime
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon dried basil
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt to taste
- A handful of basil leaves
- Cilantro for garnish
How To Prepare
- Add a tablespoon of olive oil to a soup pot.
- Toss in the chopped onion and minced garlic.
- Stir and cook until the raw smell of both the onion and garlic have faded.
- Add in the brown rice, salt, and pepper. Stir and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add a cup of water, cover, and cook it until the rice becomes soft.
- In the meanwhile, prepare the dressing by mixing olive oil, salt, pepper, basil oregano, dried basil, chopped dried red chili, and lime juice.
- Check if the rice is cooked.
- Stir in the smoked tuna and add fresh basil leaves.
- Transfer the tuna rice to a bowl.
- Drizzle the dressing and garnish with cilantro.
3. Pumpkin Lentil Curry
- ½ cup mixed lentils
- 2 cups water
- ½ cup cubed pumpkin
- ½ inch cinnamon stick
- ½ medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 1 bay leaf
- ½ teaspoon turmeric powder
- ½ teaspoon cumin powder
- ½ teaspoon red chili powder
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt to taste
- ½ teaspoon garam masala
- Coriander leaves for garnish
How To Prepare
- Heat the olive oil in a soup pot.
- Add the cinnamon stick, bay leaf, and chopped onion.
- Cook for a minute before adding the chopped onion, salt, turmeric, red chili powder, and cumin powder.
- Stir and cook for 5 minutes over low flame.
- Add one-fourth cup of water and cook until the water dries up and the oil starts separating.
- Add in the pumpkin and the lentil.
- Add some salt and two cups of water.
- Cover and cook until the lentils are cooked.
- Sprinkle garam masala on top.
- Transfer it to two bowls and garnish with cilantro.
Follow the Wild Diet guidelines to fix quick and tasty meals, and you will lose weight like magic. But is the Wild Diet healthy? Find out next.
Is The Wild Diet Healthy?
Yes, the Wild Diet is healthy. But you must practice portion control. This diet puts no restrictions on fats and carbs from whole grains, veggies, and fruits. However, if you overeat these foods, you will not be able to lose weight, and that will increase the chances of being obese and obesity-related diseases. So, talk to your dietitian and plan your meals so that you do not gain weight. Here are a few precautions that you must take if you start being on the Wild Diet.
It is best that you follow this diet only if your doctor and dietitian give you the green signal – especially if you are overweight, have undergone bariatric surgery, have heart and liver issues, are on antidepressants, have PCOs, and/or are prediabetic or diabetic.
To conclude, the concept of the Wild Diet is result-oriented and will help you shed the fat. People who have lost following this diet have transformed their lives. And you will be shocked to see how easily you will lose weight without starving yourself. So, go ahead talk to your doctor, and try this diet today. Cheers!
Latest posts by Charushila Biswas (see all)
- PRP Treatment For Hair Growth And Reduced Hair Loss - October 20, 2020
- How To Stop Hair Fall – 20 Tips, Natural Methods & Treatments - September 25, 2020
- Best Exercises For Reducing Belly Fat At Home And Expert Tips - September 10, 2020
- Is It Possible To Lose Belly Fat In A Week? - September 10, 2020
- 15 Best Cuticle Scissors For Beautiful Fingernails - June 12, 2020