The winter months can often feel long, lonely, depressing, and daunting. The cold and the sun playing hide-and-seek affect a person’s mood to a great extent. But, to keep up in good spirits, we have come up with a list of cute winter date ideas that are fun and romantic, and you can try them out even from the comfort of your homes. Cooping and hibernating indoors is the only option to escape from the harsh weather outside.
Now, some people love the winters and everything about it. The festivities, the lights, hot chocolate and marshmallows, and activities that you can do outdoors, including going on dates. For people who like snuggling indoors and for people who like hanging outdoors and enjoying the chilly weather, we have a bunch of cute ideas to choose from and plan that next date with the loving partner. So, go ahead and give this piece a read.
In This Article
Best Date Ideas For Winter
Winter is a great month to try reasonable and low-key date ideas with your partner. But, are you confused about how you can keep things interesting while staying indoors or have minimal options with the weather acting up? Don’t you worry, because we got your back with these cool date ideas for winter.
Fun Date Ideas For Winter
When you have limited options to explore, how do you keep things light and fun? We have stored a few fun winter date ideas just for you. Let us check them out.
- Couples Dance Classes: What’s better than a dance class to spice things up with your partner? It does not matter if you both can shake a leg or not. As long as you both are together, you can have a fun time laughing at each other while trying to do the cha-cha-cha or waltzing around the room. Just beware of not stepping on somebody else’s toes!
- Go For A Couple’s Yoga Session: This could be fun if you are looking for something therapeutic to do with your partner and yet. We are sure you will not get bored. It will help you feel relaxed and enjoy each other’s company.
- Indoor Rock Climbing: This is for couples who like to indulge in physical activities and explore different adventure sports together. It is a great date idea to manifest trust and a strong bond between the two.
- Bowling: If you are looking for fun date ideas for the winter, you have got to try this one out. It is playful, fun and can be coupled with a dinner date as well. It will be even more fun and enjoyable if both you and your date are competitive at these games.
Outdoor Date Ideas For Winter
If you are a person who likes being outside and enjoying the chilly weather along with the festivities, we have carefully tailor-made this list of outdoor date ideas just for you!
- Visit The Ice Skating Rink: You could either go to an indoor skating rink or visit an ice skating rink if you are feeling too gutsy. You might think that you are about to freeze, but there is something magical about breezing through the ice while holding your partner’s hand. Also, you don’t have to be a pro to try your luck with the skates. You might have a fall once in a while, but that will add to the memory of a well-spent date. But just be careful! This can be one of the fun winter date ideas for teenage couples on this list.
- Go Sledding: You can either take two different sleds and race each other or take one and get cozy while going down a snow hill. You will love the adrenaline boost, and you can even end the day with a warm cup of cocoa or hot chocolate.
- Go For A Hike: The best way to get your blood pumping during the chilly weather is to just go for a walk. If you wear that warm gear and have the right company as your date, it could just be one of the most fun date ideas for couples to try during winter.
- Explore Your Town: You might have stayed in a city for a long time, but it is pretty different during winters and at night. You could just walk around the city, visit tiny and underrated cafes and have a coffee date.
- Drink And Paint: Even if you are not a painter, you can try this one out as the paintings do not turn out half-bad. And if they are that terrible, you can just flaunt them and say that they are your rendition of abstract art. LOL! Various companies host these evenings where you can sip a glass of wine or your favorite drink and paint with the help of an instructor.
- Go To A Drive-In Theatre: This might be a cliche, but it is a classic, and you can not go wrong with it. Look for your nearest drive-in theatre and pack a big tub of popcorn and a cozy blanket. It will be an added advantage if the movie is one that your date likes.
Creative Indoor Date Ideas For Winter
When the weather outside is harsh, you can make an effort and turn the heat up inside with these fun date ideas for wintertime.
- Build A Fort At Home: We loved them when we were young, and they are still fun. You can make a fort with a big piece of cloth, some fairy lights, and cozy up with your date under a blanket and your favorite web series.
- Surprise Your Partner With A Spa Date: This idea may not be ideal for the first or the second date but is perfect if you know each other well. You could treat your date with a spa of everything that they like while getting pampered.
- Cook Together: What can be more romantic than cooking together? You can buy all the ingredients for the meal and pair it with a bottle of wine.
- Make A Picnic Setup: You can make a picnic set up at your home. You could take the theme of a cafe that you both like and set a similar aesthetic at your home, and surprise your date.
Cozy Winter Dates
‘Tis the season to get jolly and cozy, and we have some really fun date ideas to try in winter for you!
- Stay In And Watch A Movie: It is an oldie but a classic option. There is nothing better than making a fire, putting on an old rom-com, snuggling with your date, and munching on some popcorn.
- Go To A Bookstore: Nothing screams cozy like a warm bookstore with books surrounding you. If you are lucky, you might even catch a book signing!
- Camp In Your Backyard: Take some heavy blankets, steam a hot cup of cocoa and get those s’mores to toast in front of the campfire. You can end the night with some star-gazing on your deck and talking all night. This is definitely one of the cute date ideas on our list.
Winter Date Ideas To Try During Covid
Let’s agree that the COVID-19 pandemic hit us hard and not only us but our dating life too. What do you do when you have to social distance, yet you want to go out on a date with your partner too? Well, we got you covered with these winter date ideas during the pandemic.
- Build A Snowman: It is too bad that you can’t go outside because it’s super cold outside, but building a snowman is no less fun! It’s fun, interactive, and a great way to pass your time.
- See A Comedy Show-Virtually: During the pandemic, many celebrities actually sold show tickets for a virtual performance, and you can catch one too. The feel might be a little different, but it would be equally memorable if you had your date with you.
- Play Indoor Games: You could play any game ranging from Monopoly, Scrabble, UNO, to Ping Pong. But be careful not to let your competitiveness ruin the date night. Let your partner win for a change!
- Hot Chocolate Competition: Winters equal hot chocolate and some toasted s’mores. You can grab all the ingredients and have a competition amongst yourselves to see who can make the tastiest hot chocolate. The best thing is that you do not have to step out of your crib for this.
As much as the months of winter are crude, they can be comforting and warm, too, with all the festivities during these times. It only depends on how you make the most of the season. So, instead of cribbing about not being able to go outside, you, my friend, use the aforementioned dating ideas and have the most memorable time with your date.