Nina Simone once said, “I’ll tell you what freedom is to me: no fear.” Here, we have listed some women’s empowerment quotes from the extraordinary women who made great contributions to women’s rights and put forth the message that women are unlimited when they live fearlessly.
The task of enhancing and increasing women’s economic, legal, social, and political status is known as women’s empowerment. Gender equality and empowering all women is its goal because empowering women equals empowering the entire globe. Women around the world fought for this empowerment. These inspirational quotes about women’s empowerment embody the virtues of power, strength, and grace and will make you feel unstoppable. So, what are you waiting for? Let’s dig into it.
In This Article
35 Empowering Feminist Quotes From Inspiring Women
- “I raise up my voice – not so I can shout, but so that those without a voice can be heard…we cannot succeed when half of us are held back.” – Malala Yousafzai
- “Each time a woman stands up for herself, without knowing it possibly, without claiming it, she stands up for all women.” – Maya Angelou
- “One of the lessons that I grew up with was to always stay true to yourself and never let what somebody else says distract you from your goals.” – Michelle Obama
- “You get in life what you have the courage to ask for.” – Oprah Winfrey
- “I’ve got two daughters who will have to make their way in this skinny-obsessed world, and it worries me because I don’t want them to be empty-headed, self-obsessed, emaciated clones; I’d rather they were independent, interesting, idealistic, kind, opinionated, original, funny – a thousand things, before “thin.” ” – J.K. Rowling
- “I stand for honesty, equality, kindness, compassion, treating people the way you want to be treated, and helping those in need. To me, those are traditional values.” – Ellen DeGeneres
- “I didn’t get there by wishing for it or hoping for it, but by working for it.” – Estée Lauder
- “Every woman’s success should be an inspiration to another. We’re strongest when we cheer each other on.” – Serena Williams
- “It took me quite a long time to develop a voice, and now that I have it, I am not going to be silent.” – Madeleine Albright
- “How wrong is it for a woman to expect the man to build the world she wants, rather than to create it herself?” – Anaïs Nin
- “The most courageous act is still to think for yourself. Aloud.” – Coco Chanel
- “The most common way people give up their power is by thinking they don’t have any.” – Alice Walker
- “You can waste your lives drawing lines. Or you can live your life crossing them.” – Shonda Rhimes
- “I have chosen to no longer be apologetic for my femininity. And I want to be respected in all my femaleness. Because I deserve to be.” – Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie
- “It is so liberating to really know what I want, what truly makes me happy, what I will not tolerate. I have learned that it is no one else’s job to take care of me but me.” – Beyoncé
- “I can’t think of any better representation of beauty than someone who is unafraid to be herself.” – Emma Stone
- “Women don’t need to find a voice, they have a voice, and they need to feel empowered to use it, and people need to be encouraged to listen.” – Meghan Markle
- “Caring for myself is not self-indulgence, it is self-preservation, and that is an act of political warfare.” – Audre Lorde
- “There’s something so special about a woman who dominates in a man’s world. It takes a certain grace, strength, intelligence, fearlessness, and the nerve to never take no for an answer.” – Rihanna
- “I believe the rights of women and girls is the unfinished business of the 21st century.” – Hillary Clinton
- “We need to live in a culture that values and respects and looks up to and idolizes women as much as men.” – Emma Watson
- “Do not live someone else’s life and someone else’s idea of what womanhood is. Womanhood is you.” – Viola Davis
- “A woman is like a tea bag – you can’t tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water.” – Eleanor Roosevelt
- “If we understood the power of our thoughts, we would guard them more closely. If we understood the awesome power of our words, we would prefer silence to almost anything negative. In our thoughts and words, we create our own weaknesses and our own strengths. Our limitations and joys begin in our hearts. We can always replace negative with positive.” – Betty Eadie
- “My coach said I run like a girl. And I said if he ran a little faster, he could too.” – Mia Hamm
- “Whatever the problem, be part of the solution. Don’t just sit around raising questions and pointing out obstacles.” – Tina Fey
- “I know what I want, I have a goal, an opinion… Let me be myself and then I am satisfied. I know that I’m a woman, a woman with inward strength and plenty of courage.” – Anne Frank
- “I hate to hear you talk about women as if they were fine ladies instead of rational creatures. None of us want to be in calm water all our lives.” – Jane Austen
- “Above all, be the heroine of your life, not the victim.” – Nora Ephron
- “Love who you are, embrace who you are. Love yourself. When you love yourself, people can kind of pick up on that: they can see confidence, they can see self-esteem, and naturally, people gravitate towards you.” – Lilly Singh
- “Women have to harness their power – it’s absolutely true. It’s just learning not to take the first ‘no’. And if you can’t go straight ahead, you go around the corner.” – Cher
- “As women, we have to start appreciating our own worth and each other’s worth. Seek out strong women to befriend, to align yourself with, to learn from, to collaborate with, to be inspired by, to support, and enlightened by.” – Madonna
- “I never want to be called the funniest Indian female comedian that exists. I feel like I can go head-to-head with the best white male comedy writers that are out there. Why would I want to self-categorize myself into a smaller group than I’m able to compete in?” – Mindy Kaling
- “A woman is the full circle. Within her is the power to create, nurture and transform.” – Diane Mariechild
- “Courage is like a muscle. We strengthen it by use.” – Ruth Gordon
Infographic: 10 Inspirational Quotes On Women’s Empowerment
They have the capacity to offer consolation and resiliency in trying times. These quotations about women’s empowerment can give you some perspective and reassure you so you can concentrate on what is actually important. See the infographic below for the top 10 inspirational quotes on women’s empowerment.
Words of encouragement have an enormous influence on one’s morale. When life gets challenging, they have the potential to provide comfort and resilience. These quotes on women’s empowerment will help you center your feelings and leave you calm and composed to focus on what is truly relevant. You can use these quotes to convey all the feelings and gratitude you have wanted to express to the special women in your life. These quotes depict the beauty of every woman’s path with words you can connect with.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do you uplift a woman?
Women empowerment is a huge movement where you need to empower a woman around you. You can uplift her by boosting her self-esteem, shutting down negativity, becoming a mentor, and leading by example.
How can a woman be strong and confident?
Avoiding comparisons with others, focusing on solutions rather than problems, knowing one’s strengths, and defining one’s purpose can help a woman become strong and confident.
Are there any quotes that inspire women to stand up against injustice and fight for equality?
Yes, one of the popular quotes once said by Malala Yousafzai, the Nobel Peace Prize winner is, ‘There is a moment when you have to chose whether to be silent or stand up’. In another famous quote by Michelle Obama, she states, “As women, we have a responsibility to stand up for ourselves.”. As women we must stand up for each other. As women we must stand up for justice for all’.
Women, take inspiration from these uplifting words and feel the confidence surging! Read these empowering quotes to embrace your true strength and resilience. Check it out now!