Do you often feel weak and fatigued? Do you have a disturbed vision or mood changes? Well, you might be deficient in B vitamins. Timely intervention is important. Any delay, as per research, can lead to severe neurological problems (1). This is where Neurobion Forte comes into the picture. But does it really solve your problems? Should you be taking it? Scroll down to find out!
Table Of Contents
- What Is The Composition Of Neurobion Forte?
- What Are The Benefits Of Neurobion Forte?
- Do You Really Need Neurobion Forte?
- What Are The Side Effects Of Neurobion Forte?
What Is The Composition Of Neurobion Forte?
Each tablet of Neurobion Forte contains six B vitamins. These include:
- 10 milligrams of vitamin B1 (thiamine)
- 10 milligrams of vitamin B2 (riboflavin)
- 45 milligrams of vitamin B3 (nicotinamide)
- 50 milligrams of vitamin B5 (calcium pantothenate)
- 3 milligrams of vitamin B6 (pyridoxine)
- 15 micrograms of vitamin B12 (cobalamin)
Neurobion Forte is a B-complex vitamin supplement as it contains a combination of different B vitamins. Like other nutrients, B vitamins play an important role in several bodily functions. Deficiency in B vitamins can lead to the following conditions:
- fatigue or weakness
- memory loss or dementia
- weakened immunity
- nerve damage
- kidney problems
- skin problems
- hair loss
- liver issues
Most often, we get the required B vitamins through food. But if you are a vegan, you might have a hard time getting these vitamins through food alone. In that case, would Neurobion Forte help? How?
What Are The Benefits Of Neurobion Forte?
1. Boosts Nervous System Health
Vitamin B1 deficiency was found to affect the nervous system (2). Each B vitamin is actively transported across the blood-brain barrier, which means the concentrations of B vitamins in the brain is quite high (3).
B vitamins were also found to suppress the action of homocysteine, whose levels were found to be high during brain degeneration (4). Brain atrophy in the elderly with mild cognitive impairment can actually be slowed down by treatment with B vitamins. These vitamins may also potentially help in the treatment of Alzheimer’s in the long run.
2. Can Strengthen Immunity
The vitamin B6 in Neurobion Forte can boost immune response. In a Chinese study, supplementation of vitamin B6 had boosted immune response in critically ill patients (5).
Mounting evidence also suggests there are various interactions between the nervous system and the body’s immunity. B vitamins are known to boost brain health as well. This way, they may also strengthen the body’s immunity (6).
Another Chinese study had found that the deficiency of vitamin B6 could affect the immunity of an organism – and supplementing the vitamin could benefit the organism’s immune system (7).
3. Neurobion Forte Can Boost Metabolism
It contains six major B vitamins – and all of them are important for maintaining metabolism. Deficiency in any one vitamin can impact the effectiveness of the others.
Vitamin B1 helps the body metabolize carbs, fat, and protein (8). Vitamin B12 metabolizes protein and fat and needs vitamin B6 to function effectively.
4. Boosts Liver Health
Treatment with vitamin B3 (niacin) was found to improve liver enzymes (9). A deficiency of vitamin B12 in the maternal diet may elevate the risk of type 2 diabetes in the offspring.
Patients with liver disease were also found to be deficient in B vitamins. Though the connection is still being researched on, B vitamins might be some of the most important nutrients for liver health. And Neurobion Forte is replete with them.
Those were the most crucial benefits of Neurobion Forte. But the question is – do you need it?
Do You Really Need Neurobion Forte?
Mostly not. B vitamins are abundantly present in most foods we eat. Some great sources include:
- leafy greens
- liver and other organ meats
- oysters and clams
- chicken and turkey
- fortified cereal
- sunflower seeds
Consuming any of these foods on a regular basis should take care of your dietary B vitamin needs. But then, there are certain individuals who might need supplementation. They are people who
- are over the age of 50
- are on a strictly vegetarian or vegan diet
- are on certain medications, including Metformin or other acid reducers
- are suffering from certain chronic health conditions
If you fall into any of these categories, check with your doctor and go for Neurobion Forte. But, discuss the pros and cons with them in detail.
What Are The Side Effects Of Neurobion Forte?
B vitamins are water-soluble. This means an excess of the nutrients is usually flushed out of the body through urine. Toxicity due to B vitamins is quite rare. But some individuals can experience side effects like (10):
- excess urination
- nerve damage
- allergic reactions, including hives, rashes, blistered skin, trouble breathing, swelling of the mouth, tongue, or throat
Check with your doctor about these effects. Follow the dosage as prescribed, and you should do fine.
Neurobion Forte may also interact with the following drugs:
If you are on any of these drugs, ensure you inform your doctor. Don’t take Neurobion Forte if you have
- low blood levels of potassium
- atrophic gastritis
- a past history of stomach removal
- Leber’s hereditary optic atrophy
If you are deficient in B vitamins, Neurobion Forte can help. But don’t rely on that alone – especially if you have a severe deficiency. Check with your doctor for additional treatment options. And most importantly, take care of your diet.
Tell us how this post has helped you. Just leave a comment in the box below.
Expert’s Answers For Readers’ Questions
Is Neurobion Forte safe to use while pregnant and breastfeeding?
Yes, we can use the supplement during pregnancy and breastfeeding.
What is the price of Neurobion Forte?
A pack of Neurobion Forte tablets (60 tablets) costs about $12. You should find it at your nearest pharmacy.
How long should you use Neurobion Forte before you see any improvement in your condition?
Though this depends on the specific condition you are experiencing and the dosage, on an average, you must see some improvement in less than a week.
How often should you take Neurobion Forte?
The most common dosage happens to be one tablet twice a day. But again, this depends on your condition and its severity. Please check with your doctor.
How to take Neurobion Forte?
Usually one tablet is to be taken post meals. But this may vary depending on the individual’s condition.
- “Vitamin B12 deficiency can be sneaky, harmful” Harvard Medical School.
- “Vitamin B” Better Health Channel.
- “B vitamins and the brain…” Nutrients, US National Library of Medicine.
- “Homocysteine-lowering by B vitamins slows the…” PLOS One.
- “Vitamin B6 supplementation increases immune…” European Journal of Clinical Nutrition, US National Library of Medicine.
- “The effects of vitamin B on the immune/cytokine network…” Maturitas, US National Library of Medicine.
- “Effects of vitamin B6 deficiency on the…” Journal of Immunology Research, US National Library of Medicine.
- “Thiamin” National Institutes of Health.
- “The role of vitamins in the pathogenesis of…” Integrative Medicine Insights, US National Library of Medicine.
- “Fortify your knowledge about vitamins” Food and Drug Administration.
Latest posts by Ravi Teja Tadimalla (see all)
- How To Make Green Tea Shots Quickly With 3 Popular Green Tea Recipes - May 15, 2019
- Tyramine: What Is It And What Foods To Avoid - April 22, 2019
- 5 Amazing Reasons For Using Baobab Oil On Your Skin - April 18, 2019
- Arnica Essential Oil Benefits: Anti-Arthritis, Pain-Relieving, And More - March 27, 2019
- Top 14 Gluten-Free Flours - March 25, 2019