Not paying attention to the face wash you are using could be an underlying cause of various skin problems that you might be facing. Although you might be using the right face wash according to your skin type, there are chances that it may be too harsh, comedogenic, or stripping away the natural oils from your skin.Both external and internal factors can affect your facial skin. Besides pollutants, dirt, and grime, internal factors like upset stomach, fever, unhealthy eating habits, and aging can wreak havoc on your skin.All these reasons lead up to the fact that taking care of your skin is important. Therefore, dermatologists and skin experts cannot stop stressing on how important it is to follow a daily skin care regimen.In your daily skin care routine, it is of paramount importance that you use the right kind of products. Products that will cleanseyour skin and prep it for the skin care products that follow. Hence, using a proper face wash at the right time is very important.
Ingredients To Avoid In Your Face Wash:
- Sodium lauryl sulfate (SLS/SLES)
- Artificial/ Synthetic Fragrance
- Propylene glycol
Ingredients To Look For In Face Wash:
Combination To Oily/Acne-prone Skin Type:
- Hyaluronic Acid
- Salicylic Acid
- Glycolic Acid
- Tea Tree Extracts
- Clays like Kaolin and Bentonite.
Tags like Non-comedogenic, Hypoallergenic, Dermatologically Tested, Gentle, Oil-free, Oil Balance, and Anti-Acne also help.
Combination To Dry Skin Type:
- Polysorbate 85 or 60
- Cocamidopropyl Betaine
- Glycolic Acid
- Lactic Acid
- Pyrrolidone Carboxylic Acid or PCA
Tags like Hydrating, Moisturizing, Gentle Cleanser, Hypoallergenic, Dermatologically Tested, For Dry, Sensitive Skin, Soap-free, and Alcohol-free also help.
Sensitive Skin Type:
- Free from skin irritants mentioned above
- pH Neutral
- Hyaluronic Acid
Tags like For Sensitive Skin, Hydrating, Non-drying, Gentle Cleanser, Hypoallergenic, Dermatologically Tested, and pH Neutral also help.
Normal Skin Type:
Normal skin is neither too oily nor too dry, so you have the liberty to pick face washes that are simply gentle, mild, and effective at deep cleansing. Most cleansers will work for you, and you can target any specific skin concerns that you may have.
- Vitamin C
- Fruit extracts
Tags like All Skin Types, Normal to Oily Skin, Refreshing, Soap-free, Gentle, Whitening and Brightening, Hydrating, Moisturizing, Hypoallergenic, and Dermatologically Tested also help.
Everything You Need To Know About Washing Your Face
Washing your face has to be a no-brainer, right? Well, not exactly. If you think that all you need to do is use the right type of face wash, you might be slightly wrong. Over-washing or over-scrubbing your face can also be equally damaging. Here’s what exactly you should do and how tight your skin should feel after you wash your face.
- Remove your makeup before you wash your face. You canfollow the double-cleansing routine that is trending, or just use an oil-based remover to break down stubborn makeup.
- Choose the right kind of face wash. Your face wash should not dry out your skin. With face washes, less is always more. The gentler it is, the better.
- Leave the face wash on your skin for a minimum of 30 seconds to let it do its work. If you have time, massage it for about a minute or two for proper cleansing.
- Watch the temperature of the water. Ice-cold and burning hot water, both can irritate your skin. Room temperature or lukewarm water is the way to go.
- Use a clean, fresh towel to pat your face dry. Resist the urge to rub your face as it causes wrinkles.
- Apply your skin care products immediately after washing your face. Do not wait for it to dry completely. Damp skin absorbs skin products more easily and quickly.
Face Washes On StyleCraze Reviews:
It's not necessary to shell out big money on face washes, thinking that they will improve your skin. Something simple, with natural ingredients and without harmful chemicals, should be good enough for your skin. Whichever face wash you choose to buy, StyleCraze Reviews has got it all covered. Find the ratings and reviews of a wide range of high-end to drugstore face washes on this page. Spend some time and get to know which face will suit you best before you make your purchase!