Who doesn’t like being the limelight? With the right kind of highlighter, you can be the show’s topper! Highlighters add radiance to your blank makeup face. They sharpen your facial features, define them, and add illuminance. At StyleCraze Product Reviews, find the best shades of highlighters from top brands, and you are all set to glow.
What Does A Highlighter Do?
A subtle summer glow or a party glam, a highlighter will give you all. They define and enhance your facial features prominently. They also shape the symmetry of your features, reflecting light for a luminous appearance. They attract light to your face, create an illusive radiance, making your face look edgy and sharp. Apart from these, highlighters do many more wonders to your face.
- They add freshness and glow to your otherwise dull and tired looking face.
- The added shimmer and shine of a highlighter makes you look younger than your actual age.
- They help make your brows look bolder and sharper.
- A tint of highlighters on the brow bones, nose bridge, cheeks, chin, and hairline can set your appearance right even without any makeup.
- Applying some highlighter around the upper lip area can make your pout look luscious and fuller.
- Highlighters can also be used as a makeshift eyeshadow.
- A little on the inner corner of your eyes or below the brow bones can minimize the appearance of dark circles. They surely know how to make your eyes fresh and get going.
How To Use A Highlighter
While it might sound easy, it actually isn’t easy to apply a highlighter. A tad bit extra, and it might make you look like a glowing bulb fallen out of place. A highlighter should be applied only to enhance the natural luminosity of our skin. Here are a few quick tips.
- The right shade of highlighter is a shade two shades lighter than your natural skin tone. And it is the same for any form of highlighter, be it a stick, cream, liquid, or powder formula.
- Moisturize, prime, and apply your usual foundation. Blend to reach an airbrushed finish.
- Use the highlighter to mark the arch of your brows, both above and below, with a tinge of highlighter. Draw a couple of strokes of the top of your cheekbones and a sleek line along the bridge of your nose to make it appear slimmer and straighter. Use a little bit on your cupid’s bow to accentuate your pout, making it appear fuller, and a little on the chin to define the lower lip appearance. A small dab on the inner corners of the eyes will make your eyes look bigger, fuller, and wide awake. These little touch-ups will illuminate your entire look.
- Blend, blend and blend it well.
Cream, Powder, or Stick Highlighters?
Stick Highlighters are the easiest to use. The twist-up mechanism allows you to highlight the features effortlessly. Applying a little translucent powder after applying this stick, will help the skin to hold it well. If you’re choosing to strobe, this is your best pick.
Pressed powder highlighters should be your pick if you want to add a subtle glow to the face. An ideal choice for a no-makeup look, powder highlighters, works best when layered and applied.
Cream highlighters are the most pigmented ones. If you desire to get the Hollywood glam, this highlighter is the one for you. Remember, a little of this goes a long way. Blend well and accentuate the best of your features.
Finding the ideal formula for your skin type might be a task. However, the best of brands have you covered to set you in the spotlight. Some here are the best that are rolling out today.
- Charlotte Tilbury Filmstar Bronze & Glow
- Maybelline New York Face Studio Master Strobing Stick Illuminating Highlighter
- Chambor Light & Sheer Skin Highlighter
- Huda Beauty 3D Highlighter Palette
- Fenty Beauty Match Stix Shimmer SkinStick
- NYX PROFESSIONAL Makeup Strobe of Genius Holographic Stick
- Avon True Color Illuminating Stick
- M.A.C Mineralize Skinfinish
- Wet n Wild MegaGlo Contouring Palette
- Bobbi Brown Shimmer Brick Compact
Best Highlighters for Pale Skin
- Physicians Formula Powder Palette Highlighter, Translucent Pearl
- Essence Pure NUDE Highlighter, Beige
- L’Oreal Paris Makeup True Match Lumi Glow Nude Highlighter, Moon-Kissed
- NARS Illuminator - Laguna
- Benefit Cosmetics High Beam Liquid Face Pink Highlighter
- wet n wild hello HALO BLUSHLIGHTER, Highlight Bling
- LAURA GELLER NEW YORK, French Vanilla
Best Highlighters for Dark Skin
- Fenty Beauty Killawatt Freestyle Highlighter
- Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector Pressed Highlighter
- Wet N Wild Mega Glow Highlighter in Precious Petals
- Milani Baked Highlighter
- MAC Teyana Taylor Mineralize Skinfinish
Best Non-Glittery Highlighters
- Becca Cosmetics Shimmering Skin Perfector
- Lorac Lux Diamond Golden Hour Face Palette
- Hourglass Ambient Lighting Palette
- E.l.f. Jelly Highlighter
- Rare Beauty Positive Light Liquid Luminizer Highlight
- bareMinerals Endless Glow Pressed Highlighting Powder
Best Vegan Highlighters
- Milani Strobelight Instant Glow Powder
- The Body Shop Radiant Highlighter
- Too Faced Cosmetics Love Light
- wet n wild MegaCushion Highlight
- wet n wild MegaGlo Makeup Stick-Highlight
- NYX Cosmetics Dose of Dew Face Gloss
- NYX Duo Chromatic Illuminating Powder
- Urban Decay Afterglow 8-Hour Powder Highlighter