Despite having the perfect lipstick, your lip game is incomplete if your lipstick budges and looks uneven. A lip liner can help you define your lips and keep the lip color inside the lip line. Choose from the best of textures, formulas, and colors only at StyleCraze Reviews.
Lucky are those who are born with perfect lips. But for the rest of us, mortals, the perfect lip is an art of makeup. Lip liners can help you get the lip shape you desire. You can even your lip edges, define the shape of your lips, and make your pout fuller or smaller as you please. Lip liners can even make your lip color look more prominent.
Why Use A Lip Liner?
- Lip Liners give a defined and uniform shape to the lips. They add dimension to the uneven edges of the lips. They can also be used to tweak the shape of your lips.
- Lip Liners prevent the lipstick from bleeding and feathering. In other words, the biggest faux pas caused by moisturizing lipsticks or glosses can be easily avoided with the help of a good lip liner.
- They add fullness to your lips. Outlining the lips with a lip liner, makes the lips stand out and appear plump and bold.
- Lip Liners are composed of waxes that allow the lipstick to stick well and longer to the lips. Fill your lips with a liner before applying lipstick to prolong the wearability of your lipstick.
How To Choose A Lip Liner
The search for the right lip liner is anything but a cakewalk. If it’s not the right color, it can sabotage your entire look. But if you are thorough and careful, you can find the perfect lip liner for your lips. Here’s what you do:
- Choose a darker shade of lip liner for bolder lips. With various lip tones, lip shades will also differ. Don’t choose a shade matching your natural lip color. Go for a darker shade to enhance your lips.
- Choose a lip liner shade from the same color family as your lipstick. Match their undertones. If your lipstick has red undertones, pick a lip liner with red undertones and not pink.
- Determine the natural undertone of your lips. If you are picking a lip liner for the very first time, pick a nude shade. A nude that matches the natural color of your lips will fit just right.
- Choose waterproof lip liners to add primer guidance to your lipstick. These liners will help the lipstick stay in place all day long.
Are Lip Liners The Same?
There are a few types of lip lines that you can choose from based on your preference. The most common among those is the pencil lip liner. It is essential in every makeup kit. It is creamy in texture and is good to outline the edge. However, it needs to be sharpened for a precise, feline application. Sharpening leads to some loss of product.
Then there’s the crayon lip liner that is also creamy in nature. It provides voluminous coverage. This can also be worn as a lipstick for natural coverage throughout the day.
A retractable lip liner is a trendsetter these days. It is softer than a pencil lip liner and requires a gentle hand. It provides higher coverage and does not need sharpening.
How To Apply A Lip Liner
- Exfoliate your lips to remove dead skin cells and reveal the natural lip color. Hydrate using a moisturizing lip balm. Blot your lips using tissue paper to remove excess balmy consistency.
- Determine the lipstick you are going to use and choose a lip liner that is just a shade darker than the base lipstick. You can use a nude lip liner too if you prefer that way.
- Hold a half-smile position while applying your lip liner. It will make the lip liner glide in an even direction, effortlessly.
- Draw a cross slightly above your cupid’s brow. And line the sides of the contours of your lips.
- Outline your bottom lips starting from the center, and slowly moving towards the sides.
- Fill in the lips using your lip gloss or lipstick. Blend well.
A lip liner can always add power and dimension to your pout. While there are so many brands, formulas, and textures out there. We have brought you the best of the lot to choose from.
Best Lip Liners for Brown/Indian Skin
- Nabi Nude Lip Liner in Brown
- Nabi Nude Lip Liner in Expresso
- NYX Slide On Lip Pencil in Urban Cafe
- MAC Lip Pencil - Whirl
- MAC Lip Pencil - Chestnut
- The Body Shop Lip Liner 06 in Mahogany
- Revlon ColorStay Lip Liner - Chocolates
Best Lip Liners for Fair/Light Skin
- Nars Lip Liner - Rosebud
- MAc Cosmetics Lip Pencil - Oak
- Charlotte Tilbury Lip Cheat Lip Liner - Pillowtalk
- Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Lip Pencil - Naked
Best Drugstore Lip Liners
- NYX Professional Makeup Slim Lip Pencil
- Boots No7 Precision Lip Pencil
- Maybelline New York Color Sensational Shaping Lip Liner
- L’Oreal Paris Color Riche Lip Liner
- Wet N’ Wild Perfect Pout Lip Liner
- Essence Lip Liner