Creating a flawless piece of art always requires the right set of tools. To articulate the canvas of your face, makeup brushes are an undeniable need. A smokey eye look or a chiseled rosy cheekbone appearance - all demand a unique makeup brush. Understanding the purpose of each brush and type is essential. StyleCraze Reviews brings to you the set of makeup brushes for multiple looks, day in and out.
A makeup brush can always make or break your look. If the right one makes your face look airbrushed and flawless, the wrong one can make your makeup look unnatural and cakey. It is always a challenge to understand which makeup brush you need for what. How many do you need? Which brand is good? Picking the right brush for your face, lips, and eyes is a must. Let’s know the A-Z of Makeup Brushes.
The Must-Have Makeup Brushes
- Powder Brush: This is a thick, full-fibered brush that is a must-have for applying both pressed and loose powder. It is ideal for foundation application and blushes, as well. It spreads powder evenly all over the face delivering a natural look.
- Tapered Foundation Brush: This is a flat brush with a taper, ideal for foundation, highlighter, or blush application. This is a multipurpose brush that applies cream or liquid formulas evenly.
- Blush Brush: A little less stubby and smaller than the powder brush, the blush brush helps you achieve rosy cheeks with an airbrushed finish. It adds freshness to your flushed face.
- Eyeshadow Crease Brush: Stubby and narrow in appearance, the eyeshadow crease brush is used to apply shadows to the eyelids and upper eye area. It helps to blend eyeshadows on the crease area effortlessly. It can also be used to apply an eye primer.
- Flat Eyeshadow Brush: This brush has a gentle taper that blends eyeshadows seamlessly on the eyelids. Flat Eyeshadow Brushes adds drama and depth to your eyes.
- Kabuki Brush: Very famous for its chubby, short handle, a kabuki brush has dense, flat, and dome-shaped bristles. It is ideal for applying loose powder or body shimmer for medium to full coverage.
- Stippling Brush: A stippling brush is all you will need for an airbrushed, light foundation application. This can also be used for liquid highlighters, makeup layering, or cream blushes. These brushes are fully fibered with duo fibers of two different lengths, and two different kinds of bristles.
- Beauty Blender: The star of all makeup kits, the beauty blender is a must found in everyone’s bag. They are ideal for applying wet or dry foundation, concealer, blush, or highlighter. They are soft, round, and spongy. When used wet, they sheer out existing makeup for a more natural appearance.
- Concealer Brush: A concealer brush is like a small foundation brush that fits every small area that you wish to conceal. It allows precise application for a flawless look. This angled brush can also be used for cleaning feathered lipsticks and messy eye makeup.
- Bronzer Brush: This brush has long, fluffy bristles that add dimension to your jawline, sides of the forehead, and cheekbones. It picks up pigments very lightly to deliver a diffused appearance.
- Fan Brush: Extremely adorable by appearance, a fan brush has light bristles that sweep through the skin effortlessly. It is ideal for applying a highlighter or dusting off powder makeup errors.
- Eyeliner Brush: This slim, super-fine brush creates fine, feline lines. This helps you get fuller lash lines. It is ideal for perfecting a cat-eye look.
- Brow brush: A must for bushy brows, brow brush, helps to brush through and style your brows. It is a double-sided brush. It has a comb side and brush side. Use the comb-side to straighten and form the brow shape. Further, use the brow side to apply your brow product.
- Mascara Wand: A mascara wand is a must-have to separate your lashes for a fuller eyes appearance. The spoolie brushes through your eyelashes and coats them with mascara individually. It makes your eyes look defined and fuller.
- Lip Brush: As the name says, they are for your lips. They precisely apply the lip product - a gloss, a lipstick - on the lips without feathering. They help you achieve fuller, bigger pouts.
- Lip Liner Brush: This flat and tapered brush helps you add shape to the lips. It shapes the lips through the imperfections and edges, making them look complete.
Makeup brushes can last decades if they are taken good care of. Remember to always clean your brushes with a gentle cleanser. Wet the bristles and use a brush-specific cleanser to wash away the makeup and dirt from the brushes. Dry them on a paper towel and preserve them for longer usage.
Hoarding on all the brushes that appeal to you might not be the right decision to make. Hence, if you are just starting out with makeup, buy a budget-friendly makeup brush set. This will help you use your brushes with versatility. Pick the best of the brushes from the trending list below.
Best Eyeshadow Brushes
- EcoTools Duo Eyeshadow Makeup Brush Set
- Real Techniques Eyeshadow Makeup Brush Set
- Hourglass All-Over Shadow Brush
- Charlotte Tilbury Eye Smudger Brush
- Fenty Beauty Tapered Blending Brush 210
- Bobbi Brown Angle Eyeshadow Brush
- Stila No.28 Smudge & Line Brush
Best Lip Brushes
- Da Vinci Classic Lip Brush
- Aveda Environmental Retractable Lip Brush
- Airlove Disposable Lip Brushes
- Ramy Sable Lip Brush
- NARS Retractable Lip Brush
Best Foundation Brushes
- Fenty Beauty Full-Bodied Foundation Brush 110
- NYX Professional Makeup Can’t Stop Won’t Stop Foundation Brush
- Real Techniques Miracle Face + Body Sponge
- Artis Elite Oval 6 Brush
- Real Techniques Blend + Blur All Over Brush
- bareMinerals Seamless Buffing Brush
- E.l.f. Cosmetics Triangular Buffing Foundation Brush
- Huda Beauty Buff Blend Brush
- Tarte Cosmetics The Buffer Airbrush Finish Bamboo Foundation Brush
- Sigma Beauty F50 Duo Fiber Brush