As children, we’ve often wanted to get our nails painted red, blue, black and get the glam on. Nail polishes have always been every woman’s passion. They add more than just a color to your nails. Quench your nail’s thirst with nail paints from various brands, hues, and formulas at StyleCraze Reviews.
A mixture of organic polymer and other ingredients, Nail Polish, is a lacquer that adds color and enhances the texture and appearance of your nails. Developed into various formulations, nail polishes add finesse to the nails. With colors to match all your moods and outfits, nail polishes groom the fashionista in you.
Why Use a Nail Polish?
- Grooming your nails regularly adds to self-confidence. Finishing off a manicure and pedicure with nail polish makes your nails look attractive. It also gives the nails and hands a complete makeover.
- Nail polishes condition and strengthens the nails, adding more life and texture to them.
- Nail polishes cover up for the flaws of your nails or the cuticles.
- Cuticle Oil, one of the very first steps of a nail manicure, smoothes and softens the nails. It prevents the growth of bacteria and fungi as well.
How To Pick Your Next Nail Polish
Choosing the perfect color, shine, and texture is quite a task. From classics to contemporary, nail polish formulas have evolved. Here are some of your favorites and what you need to know before you make your next pick.
- Creme Nail Polish: The oldest and most used one is definitely the creme nail polish. After all, who doesn’t crave a low-maintenance nail polish with a long-lasting staying power? Creme has lesser additives and is available in a wide array of vibrant colors.
- Chrome/Metallic: If you love that extra shine, metallic nail polishes are your best friend. They add ultra-shine making your nails great for a high-end fashion ramp walk. Available in suave shades, these make a great choice for parties and fancy dinner nights.
- Matte: The clean, chic look never gets old. Matte nail polishes are your go-to if you like to keep the tone down yet sophisticated. A formula that goes along with all the seasons and occasions, matte never fails to amaze.
- Glitter/Shimmer: If your style statement has always been quirky, probably a glittery nail polish is all your nails desire. A little tougher to remove than other usual nail polish formulas, glitters or shimmers are still fun to play with.
- Gels: If you are quite the trendsetter of the party, gel nail polishes are your thing totally. These are the most long-lasting ones as they are less prone to chipping off. Available in a wide range of colors, gel nail polishes are the talk of the town.
- Holographic: Holographic nail polishes are the head-turners. Ideal for the festive seasons, they change colors as fast as the light does. Unpredictable and unique, this has to be your pick if you enjoy twists and turns with your makeup and nails.
- Neon: Poppy orange to luscious green, neon is every vibrant color you see and wish were real. Matte in finish and bright in appearance, neon is a classy choice to rock all your days and nights.
- Foil: Foil is a brainchild of the metallic or chrome family. It is as gorgeous as aluminum. It is a high-shine nail polish that has a particular appearance. It reflects light and hence, the name.
- Pearl: A delicate luster is all you would want on the top of your matte or creme nail polishes for a pearly finish. They add a soft touch and sheen to the nails, adding to the luxurious nail appearance.
- Magnetic: If you are in for surprises, then a magnetic nail polish has heard your calling. On application, a tiny magnet acts on the metal particles of the nail polish, revealing stripes, waves, and many other exciting designs. So new and fresh that they will keep you hooked to your nails forever.
How Safe Is My Nail Polish?
While choosing your nail-polish, ensure to check the ingredients first. A 5-free, 3-free, 7-free, 10-free formula adds safety to your nail care routine. These discard ingredients like formaldehyde, toluene, dibutyl phthalate, formaldehyde-resin, and camphor.
- Formaldehyde: It is a preservative has been claimed as a potentially carcinogenic substance by the National Cancer Institute. Used as a nail hardener, it is a skin allergen if used in large doses.
- Camphor: They turn your nails yellow by stripping off essential nutrients from your nails. They can also cause seizures and disorientation.
- Triphenyl Phosphate (TPHP): It is an endocrine disruptor that can affect many things ranging from reproduction to development.
- Xylene: Potentially carcinogenic, it can cause irritation in the eyes, skin, and respiratory tract if inhaled.
- Lead: Overdoses of lead affect every possible organ of the body. A threat to kidneys and brains, lead should be ruled-out from all your skin care routines.
- Parabens: This most commonly used preservative mimics estrogen in the body.
While all of this might be a huge task to tick off the list, StyleCraze Product Analysis will help you find your best match effortlessly.
Top-Rated Nail Polishes Trending Now
- Sugar Tip Tac Toe Nail Lacquer
- Colorbar Luxe Nail Lacquer
- Maybelline New York Color Show Nail Polish
- Sally Hansen Diamond Strength Diamond Flesh Fast Dry Top Coat
- L’Oreal Paris Colore Rich Le Vernis
- Faces Splash Nail Enamel
- Sally Hansen Hard As Nails
- OPI Infinite Shine ProStay Gloss
- Avon True COlor Pro+Nail Enamel
- Revlon Colorstay Gel Envy Longwear Nail Enamel
Best Nail Polishes for Dark Skin
- Maybelline Color Show Bright Sparks, Blazing Blue
- Colorbar Luxe Nail Lacquer, Red Enigma
- Lakme Absolute Gel Stylist Nail Color, Purple Orchid
- Maybelline New York Nail Polish, 265 Divine Wine
- O.P.I. Nail Lacquer, Samoan Sand
- L’Oreal Paris Nail Paint, 550 Rouge Sauvage
Best Nail Polishes for Fair Skin
- Revlon Nail Enamel, Knockout
- Sally Hansen, Head Bang
- Essie Nail Polish, Buy Me A Cameo
- Smith & Cult Nail Lacquer, Pillow Pie
- O.P.I Nail Lacquer, Cola-Cola Red