On a daily basis, the skin tends to get damaged through pollution, environmental aggression, and other irritants. The buildup of dead skin cells blocks the skin’s natural glow and beauty from appearance. To undo this, scrubs comes handy for skin exfoliation. Scrubs exfoliate the skin to remove the accumulated dead skin cells, unclogs pores, and improve overall skin appearance. Regular scrubbing can boost collagen production, improving skin elasticity. It helps in keeping the skin uptight, reducing breakouts and aging signs. Scrubbing the skin reveals a radiant, clear complexion, improving the overall skin tone and texture. It allows skincare products to penetrate deeply and work with more efficiency. While there are so many scrubs available around, StyleCraze Reviews help you find the perfect one for your skin type. Before that, let us take a look at the different aspects to consider before picking the one.
Types of Scrubs:
Formulated with different types of ingredients and consistency, there are various types of scrubs. To find the right type of scrub for your skin type, you will need to know how gentle or mild it feels like on your skin and what forms its base. Let’s look into some popular kinds of scrubs:
- Salt Scrubs: Salt-based scrubs are formulated with sea salts of varying degrees that your skin can tolerate. It draws the skin’s toxins to the surface, giving the skin a refreshing, clean complexion. It offers healing properties, and when combined with almond or sesame oil, it adds a youthful glow to the skin. Enrich these with essential oils to get an uplifting feeling as well.
- Sugar Scrubs: The most popular of the lot, sugar-based scrubs are made with brown sugar or granulated sugar. A little addition of oil can help make this one a paste, going all gooey and smooth on your skin. It is gentle and mild on the skin.
- Herbal Scrubs: Gathering the best of natural ingredients from your garden and th kitchen can serve you an enriching experience. Orange peel extracts, lavender flowers, oatmeal, etc. can make up a healthy, soothing scrub for your skin and body. Mild, easy, and effective, these can be picked right when you want glowing, healthy skin. They can also be found in organic scrub formulae.
- Coffee Scrubs: This addictive, therapeutic ingredient has been owning the skincare world lately. Perfect for cellulite areas, coffee eliminates the dead skin cells to reveal radiant, glowing skin. The heavenly fragrance of this formula is all your skin needs to rejoice.
- Moisturizing Scrubs: Ideally formulated for dull, dry skin, moisturizing scrubs are prepared to add nourishment and moisture to the skin. It exfoliates the skin while providing it with the required moisture. It leaves the skin feeling softer, smoother, and healthy.
How To Choose A Scrub For Your Skin Type:
The formulations of scrubs might vary from gels to creams to powders. However, every skin type demands a unique session of pampering altogether. While granular exfoliants are solid ingredients like walnut shells or apricot shells powders, or rice powders, chemical exfoliants include Alpha Hydroxy Acis (AHAs) and Beta Hydroxy Acids (BHAs). Let’s look into which skin type would love what ingredients and formulas.
- Dry Skin: A creamy formula enriched with AHAs such as glycolic acid work best for dehydrated and dry skin types. They gently nourish the skin while removing the buildup of the dead cells. It allows skin hydration deeply, revealing softer and smoother skin.
- Oily/Combination Skin: Foaming gel scrubs work well for oily or combination skin types. These skin types are versatile for high chemical or physical exfoliators. The gel consistency removes the excess sebum giving the skin an oil-free appearance.
- Sensitive/Acne-Prone Skin: An extremely gentle formula is what sensitive skin needs. Salicylic Acid, retinoids, glycolic acid, or green tea extracts are the ones that fight acne and acute skin problems. It might reduce skin breakouts with gentle and regular scrubbing, making it clearer and smoother in tone and texture.
Remember that some skin types consider regular scrubbing a boon, whereas others only require it once or twice a week. Understand your skin type and concern before including it in your skincare routine. However, be gentle with scrubbing your skin. Love, care, clean fingertips, a great formula, and soft pampering is all you need for glowing skin.