Blood Alcohol Content Calculator To Measure Alcohol Intoxication
Blood Alcohol Concentration is the most common parameter to assess your blood alcohol range. It is used to measure the amount of alcohol intoxication.
In This Article
BAC is approximately: %
What Is Blood Alcohol Calculator?
It refers to the percentage of alcohol in the bloodstream, 30-70 minutes after drinking. It is the percentage of ethanol in the blood. Several factors influence blood alcohol levels, like volume and concentration of alcohol in a drink
How Is BAC Calculated?
- Check your weight in pounds or kilograms on a digital weighing machine.
- Estimate how much alcohol you have consumed in oz or ml.
- Estimate the % of alcohol in that particular drink by turning your bottle around to see the label.
- Estimate the hours you spent in drinking alcohol.
Your BAC will be calculated based on these parameters.
What Are Blood Alcohol Content (BAC) Levels?
Effects Based On Blood Alcohol Content
The effects of alcohol at various Blood Alcohol Concentration levels are listed below :
|BAC||Physical and Mental Effects|
|.01 – .03||No apparent effects. Slight mood elevation. In California, you will test as legally impaired at .01% BAC if you are under 21. It is illegal to drive or ride a bike at this level.|
|.04 – .06||Feeling of relaxation. A sensation of warmth. Minor impairment of reasoning and memory.|
|.07 – .09||Mild impairment of balance, speech, vision, and control. In California, you will test as legally impaired at .08% BAC if you are over 21. It is illegal to drive or ride a bike at this level.|
|.10 – .12||Significant impairment of motor coordination and loss of judgment. Speech may be slurred.|
|.13 – .15||Gross impairment of motor control. Blurred vision and major loss of balance. Onset of dysphoria (anxiety and restlessness).|
|.16 – .20||Dysphoria predominates. Nausea may appear. The person has the appearance of “sloppy drunk.”|
|.25 – .30||Severe intoxication. Needs assistance walking. Mental confusion. Dysphoria with nausea and some vomiting.|
|.35 – .40||Loss of consciousness. Brink of coma.|
|.40 and up||Onset of coma. Likelihood of death due to respiratory failure.|
How Long Does It Take To Get Alcohol Out Of Your System?
Alcohol is generally metabolized at a constant level, and many people experience its effects for a long time. The rate at which alcohol can get out of your system depends on the metabolism rate.
- Approximately 10 % of the alcohol absorbed in the body is expelled through sweating, respiration, and urine. The rest is broken down internally. The liver plays a role in detoxifying it. It takes 1 hour to expel half an ounce of alcohol.
- If the rate of elimination is 0.015% every hour, it will take almost 5 hours to flush out the entire alcohol.
How Much Alcohol Is Present In These Drinks?
- Beer alcohol content: 4-7% Alcohol By Volume (ABV) with an average of 5%.
- Vodka alcohol content: 40-95% ABV.
- Average alcohol content of wine: 16-24 % ABV ( Fortified wine)
- Rum alcohol content : 36-50% ABV
- Whiskey alcohol content : 36-50% ABV
How To Get Alcohol Out Of Your System
- Drink more water. The more water you drink, the more toxins are eliminated from the urine.
- Remember to eat food while sipping on your drink.
- Get enough sleep after consuming alcohol to give rest to your body.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is a BAC of 0.4% high?
Yes. This level of blood alcohol content (BAC) may cause nausea, drowsiness,
total loss of consciousness, and difficulty walking and speaking.
What does a blood alcohol level of 50 mean?
In general, a blood alcohol level of 0.05–0.07% (50–70 mg/dL) represents euphoria and impaired motor skills.
- Alcohol Drinking and Blood Alcohol Concentration Revisited, Alcoholism, clinical and experimental research, US National Library of Medicine, National Institutes of Health.https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5785465/
- What is BAC? Stanford Office of Alcohol Policy and Education, Stanford University.https://alcohol.stanford.edu/alcohol-drug-info/buzz-buzz/what-bac