Wouldn’t it be wonderful if you could bust a move and tone your body at the same time? This post will show you how to do just that – we kid you not! If you are looking for ways to tone your midsection, and dance is something you like, then this post is your personalized guide to tone up and show off that svelte body. Whatever category you belong to – weekend warrior, early bird exerciser, or yoga aficionado – this post will help you learn about the fun and groovy dance cardio routine and how it can help you get those chiseled abs!
So, without any further ado, let’s look at one of the routines. Kimberly Miguel Mullen’s DVD, Dance And Be Fit: Lower Body Burn, features the Dancer Flow Sequence. The sequence follows a simple five-step program, where you can dance your way to sculpted abs.
- Keep your feet slightly wider apart than hip-width.
- Turn your head so that your chin is above your right shoulder.
- Now suck your belly in and shift your weight onto the right leg.
- Extend your left leg; ensure your toes are pointed down.
- Reach upward with left arm, and extend right arm to shoulder height.
- Begin by sliding your left leg away from the right.
- Your feet need to be around 5 inches apart.
- Bend your knees.
- Lean forward, bend your head, and look at your feet.
- Swing your arms downwards.
- Hold your position for around 25-30 seconds.
- Begin by raising your head.
- Now suck your belly in and shift your weight onto the left leg.
- Extend your right leg, and keep your toes pointed down
- Extend your right arm upwards and extend the left one to shoulder height.
- Turn your head so that your chin is above your left shoulder.
Repeat these steps for the perfect dance cardio routine. Listen to something groovy like Madonna – Lucky Star, or ABBA – Does Your Mother Know to make your routine much more exciting!
[Recommended Read: 10 Simple Dances To Help You Lose Weight Easily ]
For some truly amazing exercises for abs, you can watch this video:
The above routine should keep you occupied for 5-6 months. But, don’t worry if it gets too boring. You can consider including some fresh steps in the routine. We have listed some of our most super-fun steps for you right here:
1. High Knees:
High knees help tone your core and burn those extra calories. You can do this step instead of position 3 and perform position 3 as position 4.
- Keep your feet together.
- Jog on the spot.
- While jogging, raise your knees up to your hips.
- Alternate sides quickly and continue for around 60 seconds.
- If the step seems too intense, you can initially do it with one knee.
[Recommended Read: How To Lose Weight From Hips? ]
2. Side Plank With Knee Lift:
You can integrate the side plank at position 3. Perform the high knee as position 4 and then perform the original position 3 as position 5 for your routine.
- The side plank and knee lift targets your abs and oblique muscles, while ensuring that your heart rate is high enough for a cardio workout.
- Begin in a side plank pose, with your feet together, braced core and the body weight on your hands.
- Bend the knee and raise it upwards.
- Go back to the starting position.
- Switch sides and repeat with the other leg and hand.
- If the step seems too intense, hold the side plank for 25-30 seconds on each side.
[Recommended Read: 21 Effective Plank Exercises To Strengthen Your Body ]
Watch our video here for an excellent workout for that six-pack:
Dance your way to those rock solid abs. We would love to know how this intensely exciting routine fared for you. Do leave a comment below.
Banner Image Credit: www.shutterstock.com