The beauty business has witnessed a new trend of late, which has left many beauty manufacturers in the lurch. We are talking about the new shift towards all-natural, all-organic beauty products. And while it’s great that we have the option of ditching the harmful chemicals for taking care of our skin and hair, not all of us can afford to buy these products owing to their steep range of prices.
But where there’s a will there’s away, right? So, if you are in search of a great all-natural conditioner, that can give your naturally thick mane a luscious makeover, you’ve come to the right place.
Our hair has to put up with a lot of damage every day as we go about doing our business. Whether it’s the damage from the sun or the pollutants in the environment, all of it can take a toll on our hair. To counter this, we need a conditioner that is not only going to repair the damage but also going to fortify our hair. Given below are a few DIY remedies that are going to do just that. So read on and take your pick.
Remedy #1: Coconut Milk And Aloe Vera
No home-care remedy is complete without the haircare staple, coconut milk. Coconut milk is a miraculous ingredient that is rich in saturated acids, vitamin C, E, B1, B3, and several minerals such as selenium. It has excellent hydrating properties which can provide relief from an itchy, flaky scalp. Plus, it stimulates hair growth and is an excellent conditioner as well (1). And aloe vera nourishes the hair by providing it with oxygen and nutrients (2). To prepare this remedy, you will require the following ingredients:
- 4 tablespoons of aloe vera gel (without any additives)
- 4 tablespoons of coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon of coconut oil
How To Use
- Pour all the ingredients in a container and mix them well to form a thick paste.
- Now, massage that paste onto your scalp and coat your hair with it.
- Leave it on for 30 minutes, and then wash it off with lukewarm water.
- Following this, wash your hair with a mild, sulfate-free shampoo and condition your hair as you usually do.
- Follow this remedy once a week for a few weeks to see results. With consistent use, your hair would be looking naturally lush and smooth in no time!
Remedy #2 : Almond Oil And Egg
Next, we have this almond oil and egg remedy for infusing some life into your thick but languishing mane. Almond oil is great for maintaining the health of your scalp, as it keeps inflammation in check (3). On the other hand, the egg can repair the damage done to your hair by the elements by nourishing them with its protein content. Egg yolk also contains high-fat content that can help make your hair smooth and soft (4). To prepare this remedy, you will require the following ingredients:
- ¼ cup of almond oil
- 1 egg
How To Use
- Break the egg and transfer its contents in a large bowl.
- Next, pour the almond oil into this bowl, and whisk the two ingredients together to create a smooth paste.
- Now, part your hair in different sections. Apply the paste to each section, coating the length of your hair and its ends with the paste.
- Leave it on for about 40 minutes.
- First, rinse it off with cold water, and then wash your hair with a mild sulfate-free shampoo.
- Follow it up with your usual conditioner.
- Use this remedy once a week to get visible results. Trust us, you won’t be disappointed.
Remedy #3: Yogurt And Honey
This is the last one on our list, but that doesn’t make it any less effective. This remedy makes use of honey which is a great emollient and helps your hair retain moisture and look smooth and shiny (5). Whereas yogurt has anti-inflammatory properties that can help with issues such as dandruff (6). To prepare this remedy, you will require the following ingredients:
- 2 tablespoons of honey
- 4 tablespoons of yogurt
How To Use
- Transfer the ingredients in a bowl and mix them together to form a thick paste.
- Next, apply the paste onto your scalp and hair. Make sure to cover the ends of your hair with it.
- Next, wrap your hair in a hot towel. Leave it on for 30 minutes.
- Rinse off the paste with cold water.
- Then wash your hair with a mild sulfate-free shampoo and follow it with your usual conditioner.
- Use this remedy once a week to get the best results.
There it is, peeps. These home remedies for deep conditioning will ensure that your hair is able to put up a brave front in the face of damage inflicted by the harmful elements of the environment. All you need to do is make sure that you make these deep conditioning rituals a part of your hair care regime.
Try these remedies at home and tell us how they worked out for you. Share your experience with us in the comments section.
Latest posts by Saumya Gaur (see all)
- I Was So Worried About My Hair Fall And Then I Adopted This Hair Care Routine - August 30, 2019
- Worried About Hair fall? Try This Amazing Product! - August 19, 2019
- Get Glowing Skin Like Celebrities By Making This A Part Of Your Skincare Regime - July 17, 2019
- 6 Indian Print Ads And TV Commercials That Landed Into Controversy - July 12, 2019
- Men Gossip As Much As Women Do And Now Science Proves It Too - July 12, 2019