It is quite common to have a diet plan always at hand to calculate our daily calorie intake and output because if it is not in a proper ratio, we will end up having bulges and folds in all possible places on our body. If we really do change from plus sizes to size zero, have you ever wondered where all this fat goes?
Putting an end to all myths about this, Prof. Andrew Brown from the University of New South Wales has come up with the latest findings that the fat evaporates from the body as carbon dioxide to get mixed up in the atmosphere again. The former physicist and Australian TV celeb Ruben Meerman also supports this view, and the duos’ findings have been brought out to the public by the British Medical Journal.
Don’t be surprised! The fat that gives you energy will get stored as triglycerides. Individual fat cells called adipocytes are notorious for doing this job. Another curious fact is that even the carbs and proteins that you have ingested can make your fat cells swell. When you work out, these fat cells break (lipolysis) i.e. triglycerides are further split into one glycerol and three fatty acids to give us the awesome energy that keeps us on the run.
Triglyceride (C55H104O6) + 78O2→ 55CO2 + 52H2O + energy
It is very clear from the above formula that with the help of oxygen, one triglyceride molecule is broken into carbon dioxide and water. The recent article also points out to the same. When you burn 10 kg of fat, 8.4 kg is put out as carbon dioxide (CO2 ), while the water component (H2O) is lost from the body in the form of urine, sweat, feces, tears, and other body fluids. Or, in other words, one needs 289 kg of oxygen to burn 10 kg of fat deposits (triglycerides), and this fat is exhaled as 28 kg of carbon dioxide and 11 kg of water. Lungs are the primary excretory devices for fat.
Do you keep feasting on goodies and go on engaging in meticulous workouts? Rather, add avocados, salmon, and walnuts for good fat and keep your energy level high. Cut down on junkies like French fries and cheese-loaded fatty meat burgers. Don’t tire your lungs that would then convert all your fat to CO2. Also, remember, there’s a thin line between being underweight and unhealthy and being fit and healthy. Which side are you on?
Latest posts by StyleCraze (see all)
- அவகேடோ பழத்தின் (வெண்ணெய் பழத்தின்) நன்மைகள், பயன்கள் மற்றும் பக்க விளைவுகள் – Avocado Benefits, Uses and Side Effects in Tamil - August 6, 2019
- பூண்டின் நன்மைகள், பயன்கள் மற்றும் பக்க விளைவுகள் – Garlic (Lahsun) Benefits and Side Effects in Tamil - August 6, 2019
- கிரீன் டீயின் (பசுமை தேநீரின்) நன்மைகள், பயன்கள் மற்றும் பக்க விளைவுகள் – Green Tea Benefits, Uses and Side Effects in Tamil - August 6, 2019
- தலைமுடி/ கூந்தல் வளர்ச்சி குறிப்புகள் – Hair Growth Tips in Tamil - August 5, 2019
- தேனின் நன்மைகள், பயன்கள் மற்றும் பக்க விளைவுகள் – Honey Benefits, Uses and Side Effects in Tamil - August 5, 2019